3 months/1,200 miles on my Crestline Bikes

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Just wanted to provide an update for both my Crestline bikes. I received my Crestline 50/75 and 75/50 3 months ago and have ridden 600 miles on each bike. Hands down the best bikes I've ever ridden. The suspension geometry/kinematics for both bikes are spot on! I'm 6ft 1in tall and ride the RH3. Both bikes turn like on a dime! My confidence has never been higher. The Bosch Race Motor is my favorite motor. Love the power delivery! I run Race Mode 95% of the time and really like the overrun when climbing technical trails. The motor does rattle like the Shimano EP8 and is my only complaint. I have gone 30 miles and 6,000ft elevation running 100% Race Mode with the 750wh battery. 100% stoked on the Crestline Bikes!

Looks like batch number 2 is out and loving the new color! Also now comes with the SRAM Transmission Drivetrain/Rockshox Suspension.

20230513_152441.jpg 20230623_162123.jpg DSC01686-2-scaled.jpg

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
I preordered the Crestline RS 75/50 Copper/Carbon! Counting down the days until I get to see it in person!
Troydon was a pleasure to work with, to get the bike and spec I wanted. So far I’m very pleased with their service, Troydon spent a good amount of time on the phone and emails with me.
I’m really hoping this bike will be the one to replace my current Gen3 S-Works Levo w/cascade long travel and EXT E-Storia coil……the EXT will be swapped over to the Crestline.
I’ve never ridden a Crestline but like the geo, specs and looks!

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
I just spent a week in Lake Tahoe and put ~140 miles on the 75/50 version of the bike. It took me a while to dial it in but am really enjoying it also. Like you said, the motor noise is the only thing that's disappointing. I'll also switch over to Transmission at some point since I find myself accidentally shifting under load on a regular basis. A few other "personal preference" changes I made were swapping grips, tires and saddle, getting higher rise bars and a longer dropper (which Worldwide Cyclery swapped for free), and putting on HC3 lever blades. Bike feels great and is very confidence inspiring.

Two minor issues I ran into. The first was that I left the bike in the sun for about 10-15 minutes and some electronic part needed to cool down before I could turn it on again. Not sure if that's normal of the Bosch motor since I've only had a Giant Yamaha motor previously and never had any similar issue. Also, I took out the battery and had a tough time getting it back in because a wire towards the front of the bike had gotten in the way. I moved it out of the way with a dowel and it's went in fine.

1.jpg

Last edited:

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
I just spent a week in Lake Tahoe and put ~140 miles on the 75/50 version of the bike. It took me a while to dial it in but am really enjoying it also. Like you said, the motor noise is the only thing that's disappointing. I'll also switch over to Transmission at some point since I find myself accidentally shifting under load on a regular basis. A few other "personal preference" changes I made were swapping grips, tires and saddle, getting higher rise bars and a longer dropper (which Worldwide Cyclery swapped for free), and putting on HC3 lever blades. Bike feels great and is very confidence inspiring.

Two minor issues I ran into. The first was that I left the bike in the sun for about 10-15 minutes and some electronic part needed to cool down before I could turn it on again. Not sure if that's normal of the Bosch motor since I've only had a Giant Yamaha motor previously and never had any similar issue. Also, I took out the battery and had a tough time getting it back in because a wire towards the front of the bike had gotten in the way. I moved it out of the way with a dowel and it's went in fine.

View attachment 121596
I also love the HC3 levers, I have new ones waiting for the new bike to arrive. Troydon with Crestline hooked me up with Magura MT7s since the new 75/50 doesn’t come with them, but he had some new take-offs from the previous bikes. I also had them order higher rise bars as well.
How tall are you and what size frame?
Looks like you’re running mullet; what width tires are you running?

Last edited:

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
I also love the HC3 levers, I have new ones waiting for the new bike to arrive. Troydon with Crestline hooked me up with Magura MT7s since the new 75/50 doesn’t come with them, but he had some new take-offs from the previous bikes. I also had them order higher rise bars as well.
How tall are you and what size frame?
Looks like you’re running mullet; what width tires are you running?
I’m about 5’9” and running the RH2. I’m always in-between sizes and usually get the smaller size, which nowadays falls to about 450mm on most bikes (same as the RH2). I thought about getting the RH3 but 475mm reach would’ve been larger than anything I’d ridden before and I didn’t want to take the risk since there’s no chance to demo the bikes. I tried a 50mm stem on the RH2 and actually didn’t like it as much as the 40mm that came on there. I also thought about getting the reach adjust headset but it messes with the other geo numbers on the bike, which I didn’t want to do.

I’m running 2.5 Assegai in the front and 2.4 DHR 2 in the rear. The WTBs that came on there weren’t bad, but I chewed up rear really quickly and the DHR2 provides a bit better grip on steep, loose stuff.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles