Kenevo Gen1 29er Front and Rear Kenevo

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Bugger! When do you hear the rattle? Stationary, Motor off/on, uphill/ downhill, peddling, coasting? Could be one loose bolt or a misplaced cable, so easy to miss something. You might need a rebuild

Sweatyhogg

Jul 1, 2022
Aus
29gang. Fresh motor to top it off too.

20220805_174654.jpg

20220805_174645.jpg

20220805_174703.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Bugger! When do you hear the rattle? Stationary, Motor off/on, uphill/ downhill, peddling, coasting? Could be one loose bolt or a misplaced cable, so easy to miss something. You might need a rebuild
Usually when cruising over fire roads. I'm 99% its cables in the top tube. Argh, wish they would install some kinda foam material to stop this stupid slap!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Usually when cruising over fire roads. I'm 99% its cables in the top tube. Argh, wish they would install some kinda foam material to stop this stupid slap!
You could try shove in that foam they put in between factory slab walls/expansion joins

amichaelf

Jul 26, 2022
Chile
I hear it too! I thought it was the front brake hose but fixed that and still there. You stuffed bubble wrap through the tcu frame hole to access the other bunch of cables ?

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
I still cant get rid of this annoying rattle though, stuffed the top tube with more bubblewrap today and its still there!

Used adhesive felt between the motor cover and the motor, I realized that the noise was coming from that point by removing the battery and knocking on the cover.
I split the two engine covers (c) and put the adhesive felt because they banged on the engine, there was some space in the front towards the battery now I no longer have the noise 🥳

carter.PNG

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Used adhesive felt between the motor cover and the motor, I realized that the noise was coming from that point by removing the battery and knocking on the cover.
I split the two engine covers (c) and put the adhesive felt because they banged on the engine, there was some space in the front towards the battery now I no longer have the noise 🥳

View attachment 94095
Super helpful thank you!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Those full 29ers look great ! Mines a mullet BUT the rear bearings feel abit warn and will be ordering a another Hope wheel to match the front soon and wondering if the full 29er is the way to go ?
If I do I’ll turn it back to 180 up front !

Oldskewlmx

Aug 5, 2022
Santa Rosa Valley, CA
Would love to try full 29er on my 2021 Kenevo Expert and Im pretty happy with the Boxxer forks so I’d like to keep them. Problem is I haven’t been able to find 29 lowers anywhere to convert them. Anyone have any ideas where to get them? Ive tried all the obvious on line retailers and they show them as currently unavailable/out of stock. Thanks for the help!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Same here , not in stock til March 23 so bought at used zeb 29 of eBay and swapped the lowers !

Oldskewlmx

Aug 5, 2022
Santa Rosa Valley, CA
Same here , not in stock til March 23 so bought at used zeb 29 of eBay and swapped the lowers !
I thought about that but even a used set is hard to find. I also looked to see if some of the other Rockshox models with 29 lowers might work but although the tube diameter is the same the spacing between the tubes looks wider on the Boxxer and there are probably other differences too.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Strangely I’m slower on most DH tracks on the EXT coil on my test today. Only 2-5 seconds but still slower. I think I’m running too much sag and balance is a bit off.

Going to try a 525lb spring as soon as it arrives and then some back to back with the X2

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
Strangely I’m slower on most DH tracks on the EXT coil on my test today. Only 2-5 seconds but still slower. I think I’m running too much sag and balance is a bit off.

Going to try a 525lb spring as soon as it arrives and then some back to back with the X2
Did you get the shock internals tuned for your rider weight and riding style?

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
Hi Rob.... EXT should offer superior grip, ride and handling to other shocks and should be faster on course, once sag is set properly with the correct spring and shock adjustments optimized of course.

Sweatyhogg

Jul 1, 2022
Aus
What a weapon! Coming from a 2021 Enduro I'm quite impressed. The Zeb ultimate might have something to do with the first impression but it ate up everything. I swear it rolls faster too, even with the Michelins..

I forgot about the rear cushcore and had too much pressure so it was sliding in the berms. Felt awesome though.
Hopefully I can keep enjoying it without any more motor issues 🥴

20220806_170051.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Today I went for a ride and put back the X2 instead of the E-Storia.

The X2 is significantly faster than my current EXT e-Storia, BUT, I need to try a heavier spring... The e-Storia is super comfortable and confidence inspiring, but the X2 stands up a lot more in the mid stroke offering a lot more support.

tempImageQGhqLU.png

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
A stiffer spring will definitely help with that and you can slow down the rebound and add more LSC and HSC or get it retuned of needed. You may still get more mid to early stroke support from the air spring but most likely not more grip. Not sure your X2 will achieve the bottomless feel near bottom out that the adjustable HBO gives you with the EXT. You may want to try to adjust the HBO as well to give you a little more support on the EXT.

Jay29er

Subscriber
Jun 30, 2022
TN
Today I went for a ride and put back the X2 instead of the E-Storia.

The X2 is significantly faster than my current EXT e-Storia, BUT, I need to try a heavier spring... The e-Storia is super comfortable and confidence inspiring, but the X2 stands up a lot more in the mid stroke offering a lot more support.

View attachment 94400
Any update on this build and how you are liking this build compared to the others you have ridden? Super interesting in a setup like this as my next bike. Really nice build…

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles