2024 Strive:ON

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
They’re wrong. My underdog has it. Comes with 12 months free gps tracking also
Thank you for letting me know.
I've been on live chat with them a few times recently and I got the impression that they weren't very knowledgeable.
One of them asked me which year's Strive:On I was enquiring about.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Fidlock and bottle fits…just! 3-4mm clearance when shock compresses through it’s full stroke

IMG_7520.jpeg

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Just passed 500 miles on mine. Still loving it. Gave it a good clean today, checked torque on all the bolts. Generally all ok, cassette was loose so worth checking on yours. Also had to tighten adjustment on fork axle qr as it was no longer tightening in upright position.

With all talk of battery latch I had a quick look but all good and absolutely rock solid, does not move one bit once locked in place. Sure I read comments of people saying has some play when locked.

Running AXS upgrade kit which I love. Instant effortless shifts and no cables never gets old for me. On second chain. Also running 155mm hope cranks which were a game changer. I was getting 6-7 strikes a ride before and I’ve not had one since installation and I’m no longer riding trying to avoid strikes. Riding how I ride with these cranks would have caused me crashes on original cranks as crazy as that sounds.

Ordered some ergon ge1 evo factory grips as I’m getting bit of cramp with canyon grips so looking forward to trying those.

Brake pads have a couple of rides left in them so will get new pads ordered today

Invisiframe doing an amazing job of protecting the paint job

Also ordered a new pump as this tyre setup is incredibly sensitive to pressures and my current pump is very inaccurate. Looking forward to wearing them out and putting a bigger tyre on the back. Do not like the skinny 2.4

Will probably put some kashima suspension on in the coming months. No issues with performance but like the black and gold look and enjoy buying new parts 😂

IMG_7196.jpeg
IMG_7197.jpeg
IMG_7200.jpeg
IMG_7201.jpeg

And one with a 750ml bottle 😂
IMG_7202.jpeg

IMG_7195.jpeg

Last edited:

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
If the Connect Module is the alarm thing, yes my Underdog came with it installed.

It makes a noise everytime I move my bike in the garage. You also need to remember to put it in "travel mode" if you switch the bike on, ride it before putting it in your car otherwise you'll be driving along the motorway listening to beeps and sirens. :mad:

I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Just passed 500 miles on mine. Still loving it. Gave it a good clean today, checked torque on all the bolts. Generally all ok, cassette was loose so worth checking on yours. Also had to tighten adjustment on fork axle qr as it was no longer tightening in upright position.

With all talk of battery latch I had a quick look but all good and absolutely rock solid, does not move one bit once locked in place. Sure I read comments of people saying has some play when locked.

Running AXS upgrade kit which I love. Instant effortless shifts and no cables never gets old for me. On second chain. Also running 155mm hope cranks which were a game changer. I was getting 6-7 strikes a ride before and I’ve not had one since installation and I’m no longer riding trying to avoid strikes. Riding how I ride with these cranks would have caused me crashes on original cranks as crazy as that sounds.

Ordered some ergon ge1 evo factory grips as I’m getting bit of cramp with canyon grips so looking forward to trying those.

Brake pads have a couple of rides left in them so will get new pads ordered today

Invisiframe doing an amazing job of protecting the paint job

Also ordered a new pump as this tyre setup is incredibly sensitive to pressures and my current pump is very inaccurate. Looking forward to wearing them out and putting a bigger tyre on the back. Do not like the skinny 2.4

Will probably put some kashima suspension on in the coming months. No issues with performance but like the black and gold look and enjoy buying new parts 😂

View attachment 123766 View attachment 123767 View attachment 123768 View attachment 123769
And one with a 750ml bottle 😂
View attachment 123770
Your rear tire still looking nice! Mine is completly done, but still gripping!

I've just order a Eddy Current 2.6 to check how it handles.

Was about to go full fat, but this small step to check how handling changes from the original 2.4

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Your rear tire still looking nice! Mine is completly done, but still gripping!

I've just order a Eddy Current 2.6 to check how it handles.

Was about to go full fat, but this small step to check how handling changes from the original 2.4
Keep me posted. I came from 2.8 on previous bike and really miss it

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
From what I investigated, Bosch system doesn't work with 3rd party GPS, so...
1)has anyone assembled/ride with a Kiox 300/
How hard was to assemble The Kiox300? Ifigure we need to connect to the motor&controler at the top tube...

2) or other compatible device (which one)?
Besides bosch devices , are there any alternatives?

I know Shimano EP works with Garmin... but Bosch doesn't... Unfortenatly!

Last edited:

Jona

Jan 24, 2020
Belgium
I ordered a Strive:ON CFR, suppose to be delivered this week, but has been postponed twice. Anyone else has got delay on the delivery?

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
I ordered a Strive:ON CFR, suppose to be delivered this week, but has been postponed twice. Anyone else has got delay on the delivery?
Mine was delivery was delayed by two days and on the day of delivery UPS switched time slots....twice. Arrived safe and sound eventually

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
I ordered mine on the 30th August, it's due for delivery on the 6th September, no delays yet.

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Mine got delayed on delivery. Was supposed to arrive on the Friday and reading between the lines they didn’t have any 2 man teams to deliver so came on the Monday. They however must have given up on 2 man team by then and proceeded to drag it out of the back of the van smashing to the ground. So if you see them coming, rush to help them because UPS do not care one bit

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
IMG_7563.jpeg

That should protect the down tube from some of those pesky stone strikes

Thermally printed onto Motocross/Rally spec Ultracurve crystal clear vinyl and topped off with Ultracurve protective vinyl. I make decals for ADV, rally, motocross and Supermoto bikes from the same layup of materials and it’s tough. My decals have made it through the Dakar a couple of times so I’m very confident it’ll add some decent protection.

Also added some clear sections to the lower side of the down tube, seat stays and chain stays IMG_7567.jpeg IMG_7566.jpeg IMG_7565.jpeg

GravityDT

Aug 19, 2023
USA
Anyone hear of any updates to a US arrival? Seen a few random posts of a Sept '23 ETA but thats it - sent email to Canyon US and no reply as of yet. The Strive:ON is looking like a serious contender in my search for a 160ish mm travel Bosch equipped ebike. Really digging the look/spec and geometry of the Canyon but the Commencal Meta Power SX is looking better and better with 'In Stock' and ready to ship here in the US but I havent been able to find any ride reviews/reports of the new Bosch version.

dieselbtle99

Subscriber
Sep 1, 2023
United States
Anyone hear of any updates to a US arrival? Seen a few random posts of a Sept '23 ETA but thats it - sent email to Canyon US and no reply as of yet. The Strive:ON is looking like a serious contender in my search for a 160ish mm travel Bosch equipped ebike. Really digging the look/spec and geometry of the Canyon but the Commencal Meta Power SX is looking better and better with 'In Stock' and ready to ship here in the US but I havent been able to find any ride reviews/reports of the new Bosch version.
No reviews on the commencal sx bosch is just odd and frustrating I’m in the same boat as yourself. Hopefully something pops up very soon.

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
I was in the same boat, went Orbea. I have zero regrets, love everything about it!!

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
I was in the same boat, went Orbea. I have zero regrets, love everything about it!!
I had the Orbea Wild and Canyon Strive:On at the top of my list. They're very, very similar bikes on paper and geo numbers. I went with the Canyon as the spec for price was way better. If I'm honest I think the Orbea is a better looking machine

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
If I'm honest I think the Orbea is a better looking machine
I agree. I find the Strive rather ugly but will probably get the Strive anyway. If the bike handles like a dream it will start looking better and better, just like an ugly girl with a great personality :)

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
I agree. I find the Strive rather ugly but will probably get the Strive anyway. If the bike handles like a dream it will start looking better and better, just like an ugly girl with a great personality :)
Ugly is a push but it's no Charlize Theron!

Markwright1983

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2020
Middlesbrough
Those who have the CFR with the Fox X2 Performance shock, how are you finding setup?

For my weight (90kg), the Canyon app suggests 199psi which then gives me a sag of 37%. If I increase pressure to 240psi I’m still at 32% sag.

I’ve found the settings for the Fox 38 forks to be bang on what Fox and Canyon suggest, which is 102psi for my weight. The shock seems to feel ‘balanced’ with the fork at around 230psi but then I’m not using the last 7-8mm of shock stroke.

What I’ve found interesting is that I’ve tried it on the same trails at 200psi, 210psi, 220psi and 230psi and the max travel I’m using is always very similar.

Curious to see what others are finding works best for them?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles