2024 Strive:ON

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Narp - the bracket is as far forwards as it can go and you can’t flip it round as there’s a tab on the bag that fits over a tab on one end of the bracket - fitting it the other way round would only make the situation worse. This is as good as it gets;
View attachment 122136

View attachment 122137
Could you maybe notch out or re-drill the fixing hole on the bracket to place it further forward?

CaptainPuke

Nov 3, 2020
Top North
Could you maybe notch out or re-drill the fixing hole on the bracket to place it further forward?

I'd say not. It's not designed for this bike let's be honest; it's just a generic frame bag. I have to say, £35 for this (plus shipping £10) and it's doesn't even have any canyon branding... I can't help wonder if there's better/cheaper generic options out there. Anyway I'll get rub tape on the shock and carry on

tempImage4Lpp75.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
These are decent (not tried on the Strive yet but on a few other bikes)

CaptainPuke

Nov 3, 2020
Top North
These are decent (not tried on the Strive yet but on a few other bikes)

Yeah kinda wish I’d gone for this now!

Anyone want to buy a canyon bag? Almost new…

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
Mine just about clears the shock,but it's close.
Must admit I was surprised how basic it was when it arrived, but it does the job & looks better than most I've seen,it's a relatively clean aesthetic.
20230809_180227.jpg

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
Jesus man, how many bikes have you got?! I thought I was bad…
Ha ha,it looks worse/better than it is,although that is about £32k worth in that picture.
The Strive & the Gold Bronson are mine,& the grey Bronson is my wife's,plus I have donated my Orbea rise to her after the Strive arrived,so technically 2 each,plus she has a road bike
She was adamant she didn't like 29ers & wasn't fussed about getting an emtb,one ride on the Rise changed her mind completely, she absolutely loves it & now prefers 29 inch wheels over her 27.5 Bronson. 😅

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
So I'm not totally crazy with all my post regarding the bike using a lot of travel! I end up like this guy with lot of air in rear shock and about 8 Psi less than Fox recommend in the fork. I'm at 185 Psi rear and 81 psi front for 75 Kg on CFR

At least one guy that got same feeling as me, From review of Singletrack:

"On to the bike itself… the Canyon Strive:ON CFR is undoubtedly a really good e-bike. But it did take me quite a while to get it set up to handle to my liking. To cut a long, shock-pumping story short, the front suspension and the rear suspension felt very different to each other for quite a while. I kept letting air out of the fork. And putting more in the shock.
In the end I ended up running sub-25% sag at the back and running less PSI in the fork than Fox recommends for my weight. This is not a complaint or criticism as such. It’s more something to bear in mind if you’re setting up a Strive:ON for yourself.

Last edited:

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
So I'm not totally crazy with all my post regarding the bike using a lot of travel! I end up like this guy with lot of air in rear shock and about 8 Psi less than Fox recommend in the fork. I'm at 185 Psi rear and 81 psi front for 75 Kg on CFR

At least one guy that got same feeling as me, From review of Singletrack:

"On to the bike itself… the Canyon Strive:ON CFR is undoubtedly a really good e-bike. But it did take me quite a while to get it set up to handle to my liking. To cut a long, shock-pumping story short, the front suspension and the rear suspension felt very different to each other for quite a while. I kept letting air out of the fork. And putting more in the shock.
In the end I ended up running sub-25% sag at the back and running less PSI in the fork than Fox recommends for my weight. This is not a complaint or criticism as such. It’s more something to bear in mind if you’re setting up a Strive:ON for yourself.
I'm coming from a slightly different point of view as mine has a zeb up front & rockshox at the back,but I've found very little issues with my set up,it's certainly a very plush ride,way more planted & forgiving than either the Rise or Bronson.
I'm running 30% in the shock most rides,I'm 80kgs with kit on,I do use all the travel on every ride,but it never bottoms out that I can feel.
I've got mostly recommended settings for both ends,except I've sloed the rebound down 1 click on the shock & 2 on the fork,& for more grip with these Pirelli tyres I'm running a few Psi less than I started with,definitely up front as I was a bit sketchy over the dreaded wet roots.

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Personally I don't set suspension by a "cheap" shock pump (a little better than Canyon's), since I don't rely on the gauge (not digital).
I prefer to use physical markers (zipties), and set according to feeling and maintaining geometry on a big slope.

For example, fork has ± 15psi more (according to my fabulous shock pump) than recommended by Fox. It feels so much better while descending, but it's a stiff fork by other riders "standard".

Basically suspension needs to be adjusted in 2 ways:
#1 Sag - taking into consideration rider weight, maintaining frame geometry, sustain a dynamic balance.
#2 - suspension work: rebound and compression and basically how suspension work best at the desire speed.
[[NOTE]: a tuned suspension will work best at an interval speed.
Knobs have limit range of adjustability, and if you're close to the standard limit, a revalve should be considered for best results.]]

Fork setting, I normally try to figure out the best pressure, checking sag in a slope and in "attack" position (standing and over the bars), so that the fork rides high in step descents, helping maintaining that wonderful HA.

Besides "feeling", another way to set suspension (rebound/compression), is by filming the suspension usage, preferably using high fps setting, to check in slow motion.

If fideling with the knobs is not your thing, write down your "standard" settings and do some runs on both extremes (fully open and fully closed), to feel the diference. Then move between the middle and fully open & middle to fully close.

You shouldn't bottom out, unless you drop or jump high (to flat!), and suspension should work mid stroke, returning to this position as soon as it absorve some bumps.

Just remember: plush... is not fast!

Side note:

One thing most people neglet is tire pressure, being the only part in contact with the ground (most of the time at least...).
Personally I set tire pressures using digital gauge (always the same!).
Also, has baseline rear tire pressure is ±10% more than front tire pressure.

A baseline os set for dry conditions and usual trail ground and speed and work from there.

When changing (always by feeling, but if you're a KOM/QOM chaser, you should have a clock!) I set front tire and adjust rear using the ±10%.
When I reach a good set upfront, if I have the time, and patience I fine tune the rear pressure.

Last edited:

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Happy to report the YT Thirstmaster 5000 and it's whopping 835ml fits quite snuggly in a size L Strive:ON :D (just needed to mount the Fidlock attachment upside down and revert it on the bottle as well)
Don't suppose you've got a picture to share of this have you?

I am on a medium frame so will likely need to go with the Thirstmaster 4000 but would like to see the clearance.

wessobert3000

Dec 20, 2022
Germany
My Strive:ON underdog arrived today and unfortunately the paint quality is very poor. Everywhere smaller paint noses, stripes, scratches and so on ...

Have it not even further unpacked, but directly contacted Canyon Support.

Very sad ...

IMG_2885.jpg IMG_2879.jpg IMG_2881.jpg IMG_2882.jpg

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Yeah, the paint quality isn't great. Had a few issues with mine and Canyon are never particularly accommodating with sorting it. Either you have to return the bike and wait until they have them back in stock, or put up with it. They don't give you much choice outside of that.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Is the paint quality better on the Strive:ON CFR? The matte black also forgives very little
Mine is the CFR, and in my experience also has issues.

A chip on the chainstay, hole in the paint in a bolt hole and generally not all that strong. Some clear coat peeled off just trying to Invisiframe it and there are other areas where it's not ideal.

I think carbon bikes must be harder to paint, as I never remember this sort of issue on my old aluminium bikes.

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
I am very fussy with paint and inspected every inch of my Strive CFR and it is flawlesss. Honestly not one single blemish on the whole bike.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I am very fussy with paint and inspected every inch of my Strive CFR and it is flawlesss. Honestly not one single blemish on the whole bike.
Lucky! I had issues with the 2022 Spectral CF8 I had before as well.

Jagger

Feb 18, 2023
Surrey United Kingdom
Most of those marks are in the carbon layup. Once you invisiframe it, you won't see them. But I understand your disappointment. A lot of money to spend for something you are not happy with.

501AM

May 10, 2023
Sweden
Yeah, I think most if not all matte black frames will be like this, even the one they have at Canyon on display seem to have all kinds of "marks" over it if you zoom in the picture below.

921FD6BC-8020-4EFB-A096-967B7540656B.JPG

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
Yeah, I think most if not all matte black frames will be like this, even the one they have at Canyon on display seem to have all kinds of "marks" over it if you zoom in the picture below.
I currently have 2 carbon bikes in matte black. One Canyon and one Santa Cruz - Both have flawless paintwork.

501AM

May 10, 2023
Sweden
Sure, there are flawless matte black bikes of other brands and models out there, however, the Strive:On in matte black appears to have a very thin paint, almost like a raw carbon finish and I guess they wouldn't have it on a official display if it wasn't supposed to look like that.

Markwright1983

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2020
Middlesbrough
I got my dispatch email from Canyon on Tuesday with the UPS tracking number. I checked tracking today (Thursday) and there are still no updates, just says ‘label created’.

Is anyone based in the UK able to say how long it took for their bike to arrive via UPS after they got the shipping email?

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
I got my dispatch email from Canyon on Tuesday with the UPS tracking number. I checked tracking today (Thursday) and there are still no updates, just says ‘label created’.

Is anyone based in the UK able to say how long it took for their bike to arrive via UPS after they got the shipping email?

Mine was nearly two weeks, sorry, probably not what you want to hear...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles