2024 Strive:ON

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
But is the limit a real problem when riding downhill?
When the DH is really DOWN, and not mellow down, or "flat", then I don't find any problem.

But on "dhish trails" (Mellow/"flat"), yes, it's a big problem, because you need speed to air this 25kg things! And pedal beyond 25km/h is much worse than on a MTB.

Another big problem with the speed limit, is when you want speed to overpass a short steep uphill, and you only get assistance in the middle, because at the begining of the slope you're over 25km/h.
Basically it limits you gaining kinetic energy to transfort it into potencial energy (meaning gaining height!)

But the rule is 25km/h, unless it's
desresctrite, it needs to get used to it!

Last edited:

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
My other bike were not limited at 15 mph (25km/h) my last bike was shimano with USA 20mph setup I was also over the speed where i get some assistance from the motor for jump but it felt much lighter to pedal than the Bosch. the Bosch feel like i'm dragging an anchor. My best bike for that was one older one with chip and assistance until 30mph. best bike for jumping. As soon as something come out for those Bosch bike wit magnet on rim i will buy it to remove the speed limit. It feel like riding an MX with only 3 gear working

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
My Strive is coming on tomorrow, probably in the same shipment as Winryn's. I've ordered tubeless valves but realised I've ordered 40mm instead of 60mm. Has anyone managed to get 40mm to fit or do I need to change them? I saw a picture of yours further back Hansfran, is that 40mm or 60mm?

Tomek

Jun 12, 2023
Düsseldorf
My Strive is coming on tomorrow, probably in the same shipment as Winryn's. I've ordered tubeless valves but realised I've ordered 40mm instead of 60mm. Has anyone managed to get 40mm to fit or do I need to change them? I saw a picture of yours further back Hansfran, is that 40mm or 60mm?
I have 40mm. It's okay. But better go for 60mm because of the magnet in the rear wheel.

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
I’m thinking of fitting Sram Axs wireless upgrade kit on my bike. Obviously the install is easy but can the exiting cables just be pulled out of the frame once everything is disconnected or are they clamped inside the frame and will the motor need to come out ?

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
It is 44mm and works fine.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Did you swap your trek for this bike rob? or is it still just a demo one?
Pretty sure he said further up that he bought it because he liked it.. a lot ... then built the bike up - think there was a video.

The rail :

Who says there's anything wrong with internet stalking ...

Sind

Mar 9, 2021
Surrey
Anyone seeing this on the Strive:eek:n? I'd thought the rear axle should be flush with the frame.
IMG_3941.jpg

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
It's been a week or so since I last spammed you with an update so...

Bike sizing - At 5'10 with a 32" leg I am still very happy with size M and it absolutely was the right size for me.

Bike feel / ride quality - Incredible, I feel like I've owned this bike for months as I've taken to it so well. The 170mm/160mm travel and mullet wheel setup just rip! Very impressed.

Alarm and ebike lock - It works but can be improved, it's more temperamental than my ex. I've found if you open the app before turning the bike on it'll work every time and fairly quickly but leave your phone in your pocket it's delayed and often it will sound the alarm before turning off and when transporting it on a bike rack on the back of your car/van it constantly pings notifications (likely has the alarm going off too) and at one point my display went orange and the app said control unit too hot but luckily cleared after a few minutes. However I did noticed in the app there are settings available to turn certain things off without cancelling the subscription (Settings > eBike Alarm activation > Go To settings) but need to be connected to your bike. Goodbye 80s car alarm sound.

1686921217193.png

Bosch wheel mounted pickup/magnet - You can indeed fit a 44mm value but it's not practical and sometime my joeblow pump wouldn't grab the value so I had to change the rear valve to a 60mm which works much better. Let me know if any of you need a 44mm front and 60mm rear in oil slick as I have a spare set.

44mm
1686921513439.png
1686921746897.png

60mm
1686921817339.png
1686921854609.png

Sold to the highest bidder 44mm/60mm
1686921916575.png

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
It's been a week or so since I last spammed you with an update so...

Bike sizing - At 5'10 with a 32" leg I am still very happy with size M and it absolutely was the right size for me.

Bike feel / ride quality - Incredible, I feel like I've owned this bike for months as I've taken to it so well. The 170mm/160mm travel and mullet wheel setup just rip! Very impressed.

Alarm and ebike lock - It works but can be improved, it's more temperamental than my ex. I've found if you open the app before turning the bike on it'll work every time and fairly quickly but leave your phone in your pocket it's delayed and often it will sound the alarm before turning off and when transporting it on a bike rack on the back of your car/van it constantly pings notifications (likely has the alarm going off too) and at one point my display went orange and the app said control unit too hot but luckily cleared after a few minutes. However I did noticed in the app there are settings available to turn certain things off without cancelling the subscription (Settings > eBike Alarm activation > Go To settings) but need to be connected to your bike. Goodbye 80s car alarm sound.

View attachment 117918

Bosch wheel mounted pickup/magnet - You can indeed fit a 44mm value but it's not practical and sometime my joeblow pump wouldn't grab the value so I had to change the rear valve to a 60mm which works much better. Let me know if any of you need a 44mm front and 60mm rear in oil slick as I have a spare set.

44mm
View attachment 117919 View attachment 117920

60mm
View attachment 117921 View attachment 117922

Sold to the highest bidder 44mm/60mm
View attachment 117923
That color looks really cool. Since I only have the black ones I just used the original valve nut that came with the bike and it gave me enough room.
I also bought a second magnet now and widened the hole with a drill so it will sit flush on the muc off valve nut. As expected, the magnet still works without problems.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
That color looks really cool. Since I only have the black ones I just used the original valve nut that came with the bike and it gave me enough room.
I also bought a second magnet now and widened the hole with a drill so it will sit flush on the muc off valve nut. As expected, the magnet still works without problems.
You got pics of this? And does that mean the 44mm valve works better?

Also, mine arrived Monday and I finally got chance to get it out and assemble it today...

IMG_2788.jpeg
IMG_2798.jpeg

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
You got pics of this? And does that mean the 44mm valve works better?

Also, mine arrived Monday and I finally got chance to get it out and assemble it today...

View attachment 117985 View attachment 117986
@RJUK looks great! How tall are you and what size did you end up getting? Love those Burgtec pedals. I have some on my Orbea Rise and I’m very impressed with them. My new go to flats.

Any chance of a few more pictures of the cockpit? I’ve seen a few pictures but keen to see how clean it is with cabling and hoses in the stock spec.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
@RJUK looks great! How tall are you and what size did you end up getting? Love those Burgtec pedals. I have some on my Orbea Rise and I’m very impressed with them. My new go to flats.

Any chance of a few more pictures of the cockpit? I’ve seen a few pictures but keen to see how clean it is with cabling and hoses in the stock spec.
I like the pedals, but one of them failed immediately. They were rebuilt under warranty though, so hopefully OK now.

I'm 5'10 - 5'11 and ordered a size M. Here's some pictures of the cockpit. The Renthal Fatbar Carbon V2 is aftermarket though.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Did anyone else have to bleed the brakes straight away? Mine are going right back to the bars. I'm not sure I can even lock up the rear wheel!

Luckily I have a big bottle of Shimano brake fluid already, but I think I may need a new bleed kit, as I got mine years ago for older XTR brakes.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
I like the pedals, but one of them failed immediately. They were rebuilt under warranty though, so hopefully OK now.

I'm 5'10 - 5'11 and ordered a size M. Here's some pictures of the cockpit. The Renthal Fatbar Carbon V2 is aftermarket though.

View attachment 118001 View attachment 118002 View attachment 118003

Did anyone else have to bleed the brakes straight away? Mine are going right back to the bars. I'm not sure I can even lock up the rear wheel!

Luckily I have a big bottle of Shimano brake fluid already, but I think I may need a new bleed kit, as I got mine years ago for older XTR brakes.
Thanks @RJUK 👍 Hopefully it was just a bad bearing or similar for the Burgtec.

Sind

Mar 9, 2021
Surrey

View attachment 118001 View attachment 118002 View attachment 118003

Yes, my rear brakes need bleeding. Front is perfect.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Very nice!
I have no pictures of the hole I drilled, but basically I drilled as deep and as wide as the muc off valve nut is.
Sure, but if you do that does it mean you can comfortably use a 44mm valve? Or do you still need the 60mm?

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Yes, my rear brakes need bleeding. Front is perfect.
Both mine seem to need a bleed. Back especially. It's hard to stand the bike on the back wheel even as the lever touches the bar and the wheel can still just about move. Ugh.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
I’ve never ridden Linkglide, however the Shimano 12spd is incredible and very robust. I’m averaging 1000miles per cassette and 500+miles per chain. The true magic is running AXS derailleur with the Shimano drive train, like butter!!
Just my 2 cents though 🤙
Never even thought that was possible, best of both worlds.

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
Sure, but if you do that does it mean you can comfortably use a 44mm valve? Or do you still need the 60mm?
It’s comfortable to use. I guess it shouldn’t be much shorter but it works without any issues at all. I will not swap for longer since I like the valves as short as possible.
Sorry for the blurry pic but hopefully you see that the original valve nut on top of the magnet is leaving more of the valve usable.
Of course you don’t get the beauty of the muc off valve nut but I think the magnet ruins any aesthetics anyway 😁

Honestly the drilling is probably not necessary.
First the muc off rubber seal ring, then the magnet and then the regular flat valve nut also worked perfectly (without any drilling, see my picture a few pages back in this thread).
i just thought the magnet will stay even better in its position when I drill it so it will completely sit on the valve nut but I think in the end any way will work good enough.

IMG_1095.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles