2024 Strive:ON

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
That’s the matte version? Looks perfect.
Would do it too if I wasn’t so damn lazy when it comes to cosmetic improvements.
Yes it’s the Matt version. Still has a bit more Sheen than I’d like but the very Matt greyish paint was marking just from being wiped so was a worthwhile investment

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Looks like you’ve done a cracking job! 👌 Once my bike is ordered I’ll be getting the Invisiframe kit ordered.

Just the small conundrum of Medium or Large. I’m almost sure on the Large…it’s just the reach of 500mm that is stopping me. Seems loooong! Canyon size suggests I’m in between M and L
All I can say so far is it’s quite short when sat in the saddle

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Did the terribly boring invisiframe install this evening. Tubeless tomorrow and then it’s ready for an adventure on Friday. The invisiframe was very impressive. Literally everything is well protected. I’ll pay someone in future though for the install

View attachment 118379 View attachment 118380 View attachment 118381
Did you leave the factory PPF on and Invisiframe over the top? I still need to do this, but found a chip out of the paint on the seatstay, so wanted to sort that first.

Sadly Canyon aren't being very helpful on the issue, much the same as my last Canyon that also arrived with damage from the factory.😩

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
I built my CFR last night 😍

I’ve chosen gloss Invisiframe for the frame, but should I choose gloss or matte for the forks?

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Did you leave the factory PPF on and Invisiframe over the top? I still need to do this, but found a chip out of the paint on the seatstay, so wanted to sort that first.

Sadly Canyon aren't being very helpful on the issue, much the same as my last Canyon that also arrived with damage from the factory.😩
It replaces most of the factory ppf. There is a bit by the bottom bracket which stays. The piece that meets it saying in description start at existing factory ppf or something along those lines.

Mine arrived with a few scuffs. Invisiframe did cover them. My box wasn’t put together properly. The orange cable ties were still in a packet inside the box and they’d just taped up the hole. I raised it on online chat today and they refunded a little bit of money as compensation

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
It replaces most of the factory ppf. There is a bit by the bottom bracket which stays. The piece that meets it saying in description start at existing factory ppf or something along those lines.

Mine arrived with a few scuffs. Invisiframe did cover them. My box wasn’t put together properly. The orange cable ties were still in a packet inside the box and they’d just taped up the hole. I raised it on online chat today and they refunded a little bit of money as compensation
Mine arrived today finally (after sitting in the local UPS depot for 5 days :mad:) and the orange cable ties were in a packet in the box as well and the holes just taped up. I've assembled mine but haven't looked closely for marks, it's really, really dusty though. Will have a proper look later.

A couple of questions though, do I need to use the "assembly paste"? Never had a carbon bike before and I was thinking I only need it if the seat post keeps moving?

Do you oil or clean and oil or just leave the new chain? I've never know whether new chains should be oiled or ridden as they are as I presume they are pre-greased?

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Yeah I always use the carbon assembly paste for the bars , seat post etc , I just wipe off the factory grease coating and lube as normal, the factory grease is really sticky and attracts grit etc 🤟🤟

501AM

May 10, 2023
Sweden
I think a couple of orange cable ties are supposed to be in the box with the tools, so you have them if you have to send the whole bike back, but it should of course also be on the package when it arrives.

I didn't use any of the assembly paste, it was already on the seat post and the handlebar are alloy so no need.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK

Mine was the same - orange ties in the box and tape on the black locking parts.

So you removed most of the factory PPF? Or Invisiframed over the top of it?

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I installed my Ridewrap over the PPF
Got pics? Even going over the fork decals leaves an air gap around the edge of the stickers, and the frame PPF is thicker. I guess on the CFR you probably wouldn't notice it though.

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
I went for matte, as that's what the paint already is.
Thanks. I figured the same, so I ordered matte shortly after my previous post.

Time for to find some valves and sealant. Bike won't be wrapped until 02/03 July. Torture :(

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Thanks. I figured the same, so I ordered matte shortly after my previous post.

Time for to find some valves and sealant. Bike won't be wrapped until 02/03 July. Torture :(
Are you getting it wrapped or doing it yourself? I hate doing it, but I'm desperate to get out and ride, so it needs doing soon!

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Are you getting it wrapped or doing it yourself? I hate doing it, but I'm desperate to get out and ride, so it needs doing soon!

I know that I don't have the patience for such fiddly things. I found a guy who wraps them for a very decent price compared with other shops. He's listed as an approved fitter on Invisiframe's site so he must be legit.

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
I know that I don't have the patience for such fiddly things. I found a guy who wraps them for a very decent price compared with other shops. He's listed as an approved fitter on Invisiframe's site so he must be legit.
I found that mine was the easiest one I've wrapped so far,& I've done 6 or 7 of my bikes over the years.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I found that mine was the easiest one I've wrapped so far,& I've done 6 or 7 of my bikes over the years.
Cool, that's good to know. I think I just have PTSD from the last one.

In Invisiframe's defence though, they are brilliant at replacing any pieces that you cock up. That's why I ordered from them again this time. Hopefully I won't cock any up this time though.

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
I'm 6ft too. Canyon has recommended medium for a more playful ride and large for stability. I'm swaying towards the large...I think
I'm 6ft1in, 32-33in inside leg. Got my medium today, first time I sat on it I thought I should have gone large. However just taken it for a short blast and decided medium was perfect. I always have Large bikes, this is the 1st ever medium. Bike is awesome as well

Obikaii

Jan 10, 2022
Devon
I'm 6ft1in, 32-33in inside leg. Got my medium today, first time I sat on it I thought I should have gone large. However just taken it for a short blast and decided medium was perfect. I always have Large bikes, this is the 1st ever medium. Bike is awesome as well
Same for me,always large in every other bike,even went Xl on a 2019 Bronson,which was an error,never felt quite right,went for large with my 2023 Bronson & that feels the same as my medium Strive,the numbers back that up as well.

Sind

Mar 9, 2021
Surrey
Got pics? Even going over the fork decals leaves an air gap around the edge of the stickers, and the frame PPF is thicker. I guess on the CFR you probably wouldn't notice it though.
Here’s a pic I took earlier. You need to work the bubbles out but it came out well enougu.
IMG_3963.jpeg

hubertsk

May 24, 2023
Gdansk, Poland
I believe this is coming at some point in the future. I spoke with Bosch about this - I also found it useful on bikes that send rider power data to Garmin. It technically should be possible to do, it just needs to have the BLE protocol enabled to allow connectivity to devices.
Well, I was hoping they'd announce it at the recent event, but unfortunately that did not happen.
I added a comment about missing Garmin integration to their post to bring this to Bosch's attention, but I feel they don't see how important this may be for the users.

Maybe some more comments or requests in this post would bump this feature request in their queue for development...
If you're also missing Garmin integration, feel free to reply to my comment here; maybe that will attract Bosch attention :)

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Well, I was hoping they'd announce it at the recent event, but unfortunately that did not happen.
I added a comment about missing Garmin integration to their post to bring this to Bosch's attention, but I feel they don't see how important this may be for the users.

Maybe some more comments or requests in this post would bump this feature request in their queue for development...
If you're also missing Garmin integration, feel free to reply to my comment here; maybe that will attract Bosch attention :)
Just added a comment about Garmin integration

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
The First Ride write up of the Strive:In in this month’s MBUK is very, very good. Their only gripe is wanting a few more frame colours available

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Guys does anyone have any experience of going from Shimano to Bosch?

I want to set up a mode that offers similar performance to trail on my e8000. Good support at low rpm and doesn’t ramp up too much. More for cycle lane consistant pedalling.

At the moment turbo is too punchy.
Emtb is reactive so is up and down depending on effort
Tour + seems to do the same.
Eco is very tame.

How do the adjustments in the app affect modes? I’m thinking of tuning eco to something similar to trail. Dynamic set to plus 5 seems to solve the early support I like. How does assistance work? If I set to 5 does it just end up being the same as turbo or does it just increase assistance but not into turbo territory ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles