2024 Reign e+ 2 rattling? video attached

Heated

May 18, 2024
new zealand
Hi, I have a 2024 Reign e+ 2, Im not sure if its normal but I seem to have some rattling as can be heard in the video:
My bosch Ransom Had a similar sound but all bosch i had made that sound
Someone Mentioned maybe cables but im not sure?

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Hi, I was going to post something as I have had similar rattles that have driven me nuts over the last year.

First easy check: lower shock mount. Pick your bike up by the saddle and see if you can feel or hear any play on the uplift. In my case both my shocks had about a mm of play due to the badly designed bushless contact. I put a very thin layer of nail varnish, this has worked for me so far after a few months of riding.

Next one is to check all internal bolts for the battery. Despite this, no matter what I do, and I even got the shop to redo the upper battery latch, I'm convinced my battery is wobbling around. I have now put some very soft foam on the "ceiling" of the downtube and on the inside of the removable battery cover just to maintain the battery in place. Only did a parking lot test, but seems to have worked. Will post again after a few hundred kms.

Last edited:

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
I had the same on my Trance E2 PRO , it was the battery , could never get it to rattle free , until I put a bit of foam and shimmed the lower connector , ever since rattle free

Heated

May 18, 2024
new zealand
I had the same on my Trance E2 PRO , it was the battery , could never get it to rattle free , until I put a bit of foam and shimmed the lower connector , ever since rattle free
Curious, did you Ever try moving the upper latch system down? It is adjustable and would do the same as shimming the lower?
Where did you put the foam? For the sake of Trying, im going to put some On the inside of the battery cover & where the battery sits on its lower connector just to rule those out
I've Adjusted my latch system down to make the battery a tighter fit which it definitely is - yet to test but would be nice if its resolved it.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
When I got my 800wh battery for my Stance I had to install the rubber side strips, and rubber grommets. It fits wonderfully tight with no rattle.
I wonder if the addition of some rubber stick on bumpers etc might help?

Heated

May 18, 2024
new zealand
When I got my 800wh battery for my Stance I had to install the rubber side strips, and rubber grommets. It fits wonderfully tight with no rattle.
I wonder if the addition of some rubber stick on bumpers etc might help?
Where exactly did you install the side strips and grommets?

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Where exactly did you install the side strips and grommets?
They came with the kit that required a new battery cover.
The side strips get installed on each side of the battery and are about 16" long and the backside of them butt up against the cover itself.
The bumper sits on the bottom of the battery in and around the connectors to the frame.
Here's the kit I got...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles