2022 Santa Cruz Heckler Replacement Charging port cover PETG with O ring for sale now

Rusty762

Apr 7, 2022
Monterey, CA
Hey gang, I have finished up the replacement plugs. Pictures below, They are printed out of PETG which is more heat resistant and they use one of the o rings from our underwater housings that are rated to 100 meters. I am not saying this is waterproof but I have yet to see any water get past the o ring. It snaps into place and has a hole oriented vertically to insert a small allen key for ease of removal. I have over 100 miles on the latest design with no issues. We currently only have dark blue but can probably do black in the next couple of weeks once the material shows up.

I have done my best to keep it as low profile as possible while still being robust. I would advise removing the four small allen bolts, remove the remaining rubber cover if yours broke or the entire cover if its still intact and then attach the bolts, do not over tighten them the square port is plastic.

They are $25 for a pair, I would always have a spare in your kit in case you forget one at home after charging and do not realize until you are on the ride.

IMG_7384.jpg

IMG_7387.jpg

Rusty762

Apr 7, 2022
Monterey, CA
If the charger is the same then yes, I would email Santa Cruz and confirm the chargers are the same for 21 and 22 Hecklers, the model is designed off the charging port on the charger.

Rusty762

Apr 7, 2022
Monterey, CA
I know a bunch of you have been emailing me about the Charging plug for the 2022 Santa Cruz Heckler, we had several request for Black instead of the original blue and had to order and change the material. It is now much stronger than the previous version and we were able to remove the o ring also. Its a press fit, you can remove it with your fingertips but we built a hole into it for a 2.5mm allen key or something similar size to remove it easily. Time and cost went up as the material was more from the UK to United States and we are laying them up in a different manner that takes more time but makes them stronger versus the original design. $30 for a pair, images below.

0-1.jpg 0-2.jpg 0-3.jpg 0-4.jpg 0.jpg IMG_8573.jpg

motoergosum

Jun 13, 2023
NW Ohio
I think if you printed this in Siraya Tech Tenacious resin it would be flexible, print flat on the build plate, and be pretty resilient. I do a lot of resin printing as a side business. Most of my model bits are done in Elegoo ABS-like 2.0 which would probably do the trick at this thickness. Just wouldn't have nearly the color options as FDM unless you add dye.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles