2022 Bosch BES3 Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
One thing is for sure is that whatever bike that battery finds a home in is going to be HAF :cool:

Why is that? Specialized uses 700wh batteries on the regular Levo and Kenevo and they aren't heavy as F@&K.

A 750wh batter would roughly be 1kg heavier than the 625wh battery I would suspect?

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
I dont understand the point of bigger batterys ...700wh battery ....pointless ...only if u only ride in turbo....

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I dont understand the point of bigger batterys ...700wh battery ....pointless ...only if u only ride in turbo....

I can totally see the need of a bigger battery. My bike has a 504wh and I have two of them. If I do a 3-4hr ride day I bring the spare battery and have to switch it out. I usually never burn through the second battery. But a 750wh battery would be perfect.

I’m sure there’s a large segment of the market that feels the same as I do.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Why is that? Specialized uses 700wh batteries on the regular Levo and Kenevo and they aren't heavy as F@&K.

A 750wh batter would roughly be 1kg heavier than the 625wh battery I would suspect?
Kenevo is 25kg and any Levo that isn’t lottery money isn’t far off that.

It’s great to have options of bigger battery’s but any reasonably price hike with this battery is going to be a bit of a barge.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I'm kinda hoping new denser cells are going to used, so the size and weight of the battery won't be any different to the current 625wh one ?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Kenevo is 25kg and any Levo that isn’t lottery money isn’t far off that.

It’s great to have options of bigger battery’s but any reasonably price hike with this battery is going to be a bit of a barge.

Yeah I realized after I posted that comment that the Kenevo was a bad example.....lol

Norco's 2022 model will be available with both a 700wh and a 900wh battery option. I can't see why manufactures won't be able to make 50-52lb ebikes with 700wh batteries. Isn't the Santa Cruz Bullit just under 50lbs and it has a 625wh battery.

Last edited:

wildsau2

Jul 6, 2018
Germany, Karlsruhe
I can't see why manufactures won't be able to make 50-52lb ebikes with 700wh batteries.
One example. BH Core 29 Pro is 540Wh 60Nm (19kg) plus removable extender 180Wh. thats 21kg 720Wh. Its sold out till 2022. And btw its a hardtail with a simple Fox 32. And its alloy ;). In most case no need for extra travel if you know to ride a bike. did you ever ride a gravel bike on single trails? Another example - 3T Exploro Racemax. I predict that there will be more bikes like these two in 2022+. for sure battery weight should be reduced always. peace.

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
Scott Patron eRide 920.png

Mohawk3a

Mar 20, 2021
California
I can kill the 625 battery on my trek rail with under 3 hours of riding on tour. If I ride in boost I’m good 1:45 tops. I would like to ride the bike for 3 hours in tour without worrying about the battery dying. 750 battery would be nice!

BeBop

Jan 16, 2018
Euroland
ENGINE AND BATTERY

The Patron eRIDE is equipped with the latest electric technology from Bosch. Do you want more autonomy? The Patron poses a new standard with the new 750 Wh battery and its 20% higher additional capacity.

With a maximum torque of 85 Nm and 340% more power, the Bosch Performance CX motor can offer assistance ranging from light to very powerful, and thanks to the Bluetooth connection, you can adjust and customize its modes on the fly . The battery can be easily removed, thanks to the sliding door.

DISPLAY ON THE HANDLEBAR

Connectivity, versatility and visibility are keywords for the Kiox 300 LED Remote. The Kiox is a 2 "color screen integrated into the stem.

It displays all information including speed, GPS, cadence and offers a Bluetooth connection to the eBike Flow app. It can be removed and monitored by the LED remote control or by a telephone. The new LED remote control displays the current charge status and allows you to select the various modes.

The all-new Patron eRIDE 920 has been designed with a system optimized for trail rides that last a day. Supreme integration and carefully chosen geometry paired with a new Bosch drive unit offer more than just one great bike.

Rather, what you get is a sublime experience up and down the mountain over and over again. Patron eRIDE: dominate the trails.

Main features: Patron eRIDE Alloy Frame; RockShox Domain 160mm Fork; FOX Float EVOL eRIDE, 160mm, TwinLoc; Shimano XT-Deore 12 Speed; Bosch CX, 750Wh PowerTube; Shimano 4 Piston Disc Brakes; Maxxis Foldable Tires; Syncros Dropper Post and Parts.

SHOCK ABSORBER INTEGRATION

The Patron arrives with a new design and revolutionary. The rear suspension is fully integrated into the frame and offers 160mm of travel. More than a simple design element, the integration of the shock absorber offers space for other elements such as the engine, the battery and a bottle cage. From easy access, the shock is equipped with our TwinLoc technology to lock the suspension directly from the handlebar to make pedaling efficiency optimal.

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 21.26.52.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
New, lighter Brose motor coming? I'm not disclosed on any of this stuff, just interesting things I can see online! And a 925Wh battery...

'...new, smaller and lighter Brose S-Mag Plus FIT'
Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 09.16.32.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
new, smaller and lighter Brose S-Mag
I wonder if this was developed from customer demand or bike shop demand. Smaller motors will enable them to keep more in stock and lighter will help with repetitive strain injuries when constantly swapping out motors ! :p :eek::ROFLMAO:

sorry .. couldn't resist. ..

Will be interesting to see what it's like. Not like brose to invest in something ground up, they normally like to tweak existing designs and introduce new design/reliability problems with each subsequent downgrade upgrade.

Interesting the Forestal guys were saying they've set the torque at 60nm but it could be higher, so it looks like I'll be eating humble pie there as I thought it would be only slightly more powerful than the Mahle in real life.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
hallo everyone, my dealer info are:
1 new kiox interface bluetooth without cables
2 non-removable fixed 750wh battery, for save weight

Marcus_NL

Aug 16, 2021
Utrecht
Also seems to be confirmed online for the Mondraker - Crafty Carbon (2022):

- Bosch Powertube 750Wh
- Bosch Performance Line CX Cruise (25Km/h) GEN4 BS3 (BS3 is a new addition?)

Full specs in the pdf attached. I think they unintendedly had the page visible online.

crafty.jpg

Attachments

• screencapture.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 813
Last edited:

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Great news, my only concern is that all bikes with the new 750wh battery, seem to state non removable battery. ☹

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
That pdf also mentions a Bosch kiox 300 display , which seems to be new as well. Hopefully theyve taken on board the criticism of the current kiox and made it smaller/more minimalist. And hopefully its backward compatible so it can be added to older bikes.

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
Great news, my only concern is that all bikes with the new 750wh battery, seem to state non removable battery. ☹

seems to have goner from external battery, to internal removable battery, next gen is internal battery not removeable.

they are removeable by the way, just not with a simple lock/key turn and it's out, all the Mahle EX35 hub driven road bikes this year list battery as non removeable, they are removeable but it's just not as easy theres lots of screws and plates and brackets, wires & plugs to carefully slide out or tuck back in.
If you ask me it's the better way to go, means they can make it lighter & more compact. save 300g on the lock mechanism for one( so I've heard). also means I don't have to worry about the key being lost, or my battery falling out on the trail

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I guess with the Bosch, it seems to be one of the most efficient systems. There might be improvements to that too. Battery wise, if you have 750w then that would give me about 140km's and maybe 2800m climbing in Eco or 80+km's and 2200ish m climbing in EMTB mode - depending on the terrain (less if it's hard going). For most people that would fit with their requirements (obviously not everyone). But if you can package it like that and end up with more range and less weight, that has to be a pretty good mix which will appeal.

Obviously no good for people who need to remove the battery to charge, but presumably there will still be bikes offered with that format - maybe not the bike you want with a 750wh battery and less weight - but it's a trade off.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
seems to have goner from external battery, to internal removable battery, next gen is internal battery not removeable.

they are removeable by the way, just not with a simple lock/key turn and it's out, all the Mahle EX35 hub driven road bikes this year list battery as non removeable, they are removeable but it's just not as easy theres lots of screws and plates and brackets, wires & plugs to carefully slide out or tuck back in.
If you ask me it's the better way to go, means they can make it lighter & more compact. save 300g on the lock mechanism for one( so I've heard). also means I don't have to worry about the key being lost, or my battery falling out on the trail
I don't remove my battery 90% of the time, but if I do a couple of days away, not many B&Bs will let you take your whole bike in for charging, especially if there's a few of you.

justin.browne

Aug 18, 2021
Sydney
The crafty carbon current model already had a non removeable battery, so no change there. Looking at the specs it appears that there is little to no change to the frame from the 21 model, although that is a render rather than a photo.

As the motor model and generation seems to be the same can we assume it’s likely just a soft update?

hopefully the bigger battery is the same form factor and is compatible with the current motor

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
The crafty carbon current model already had a non removeable battery, so no change there. Looking at the specs it appears that there is little to no change to the frame from the 21 model, although that is a render rather than a photo.

As the motor model and generation seems to be the same can we assume it’s likely just a soft update?

hopefully the bigger battery is the same form factor and is compatible with the current motor

I don’t see how there can’t be a change in the frame knowing that the new battery is 750watt. I have one eBike with a 504watt battery and another with a 625watt battery and there is a significant size difference in those batteries. So I can’t see how a 750watt battery will stay the same size as the current 625watt battery.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I don’t see how there can’t be a change in the frame knowing that the new battery is 750watt. I have one eBike with a 504watt battery and another with a 625watt battery and there is a significant size difference in those batteries. So I can’t see how a 750watt battery will stay the same size as the current 625watt battery.
One possibility is using different cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles