2022 Bosch BES3 Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

probablyfabi

Aug 17, 2021
Frankfurt Main
I preordered a 2022 Cube Stereo 140 last week. On the order confirmation sheet it says “Stereo Hybr. 140 HPC SL 750 29” so it’s quite save to assume it‘s going to have a 750Wh battery.
I got a bit concerned after reading that other bikes mentioned here might come with a non removable battery, so I called my local dealer. He said that he already saw the 2022 models and assured me that my bikes battery would be removable.
I hope he‘s right, a non removable battery would be a real dealbreaker for me.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I preordered a 2022 Cube Stereo 140 last week. On the order confirmation sheet it says “Stereo Hybr. 140 HPC SL 750 29” so it’s quite save to assume it‘s going to have a 750Wh battery.
I got a bit concerned after reading that other bikes mentioned here might come with a non removable battery, so I called my local dealer. He said that he already saw the 2022 models and assured me that my bikes battery would be removable.
I hope he‘s right, a non removable battery would be a real dealbreaker for me.
Ditto but with the stereo action team 160, hopefully the cube will come fully loaded with new toys :cool:

neiloxford

Jul 8, 2020
UK
. With the new smart system from Bosch you are always one step ahead and constantly retain an overview, thanks to the integrated cockpit with its Kiox 300 display and LED Remote.

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
One possibility is using different cells.

Power to weight ratio will still be about the same with different cells. Specialized 700Wh batteries (21700 cells) are heavier than the 504Wh batteries (18650 cells).

The new Pole Voima will have the new Bosch motor instead of Brose, but the battery should still be removable. It's also mentioned that the power levels should be adjustable.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Power to weight ratio will still be about the same with different cells. Specialized 700Wh batteries (21700 cells) are heavier than the 504Wh batteries (18650 cells).

The new Pole Voima will have the new Bosch motor instead of Brose, but the battery should still be removable. It's also mentioned that the power levels should be adjustable.

According to the Pole site the Voima still has the Brose?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That makes it even more tempting:)
Maybe not more tempting .. it was more .. WOW :love: .. oh ..:eek:o_O:cry:

Now it's .. Oh yes !

The voima is a great looking bike.. from the front. I just can’t get on with the side profile, that back end is just plain fugly and like something from the 1920’s not 2020’s! :sick::D
I think you just described Kim Kardashian

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
Photo taken on the street of a biker who was testing the new mondraker with bosch 2022. Confirmed, the bike can be used without kiox

IMG-20210828-WA0004 (1).jpg

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
That’s a nice looking machine! :love: It’s a toss up between mondraker and cube for me but I’m not sure mondraker can match cube for value. They got it in the looks department though

Cube has a bike that is good for enduro, but the vast majority are to carry a basket of flowers. Mondraker's philosophy is oriented towards enduro and its geometry makes you a good cyclist when going down steep slopes.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The Mondrakers are great bikes, but there Bosch models have been very heavy for the most part. Will be interesting to see the weight of the updated Bosch systems as to date they have always been hard to make a lighter weight bike with

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
The Mondrakers are great bikes, but there Bosch models have been very heavy for the most part. Will be interesting to see the weight of the updated Bosch systems as to date they have always been hard to make a lighter weight bike with
Apart from the crafty carbon RR SL beauty, full power super model right there. But you’ll need to sell a few organs for one

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
Think we just uncovered a mondraker employee :unsure:

I have one of the most expensive bikes. the sworks 2021 and my hope is that the crafty XR can help me on difficult descents. They have given me a delivery date and I am sad that it will take several months to come. Maybe it could change for Crafty Carbon R but it will not carry Ohlins

Last edited:

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
You should try riding one before making that conclusion. They really are different. Much better than the current "modern geometry"...
There were a lot of conclusions made before I said my part bud! I’m not a cube fan boy by any stretch but to say they are mainly used to carry flowers is a bit of a swooping statement. I Certainly saw way more cube bikes win medals on and off track in the Olympics than mondraker that’s for sure. Doesn’t mean to say I don’t want to try and own one.

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
You can watch television and youtube doing trails mer I imagine, simply great for enduro, with the price that it will cost, you are sure not going to fall off your bike

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I just don’t get why they can’t make a simple controller like Shimano or Specilized, and even now Yamaha on the new Giants. Aside from looking way better, they also tend to avoid getting totalled in a crash.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Cube are basically a value bike brand - that doesn’t mean they don’t make good bikes (I have a cube in my quiver) but they don’t tend to be at the cutting edge and tend to be built to a budget. They do offer great value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles