Levo Gen 2 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo First Look

gmurad

Jan 26, 2020
Toronto, ON
I have to say I prefer the 2021 Comp vs my 2020 Comp. Always been on the Shimano and Fox ecosystem and had to change that for the 2020 Comp but the 2021 comp is using Shimano and Fox instead of SRAM ? - I think this is personal preference because performance wise seems equivalent (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I read somewhere that the 1x11 drivetrain on the 2020s was decided on because the 1x12 were heavier and didn't provide enough benefit, but most other brands on that price range were already offering 1x12, now that they changed I guess it means 1x11 on the 2020 was a cost saving measure.

I'm glad they are still using the same motor (Hopefully they are now fixed) which means better support for previous years. Now I really wish Specialized would proactively update motors on 2020 and 2019 bike with the new revisions instead of having us wait for them to break (hopefully before warranty runs out). This is a recurring thought/worry that makes the experience less enjoyable specially on my long 700Whr rides.

EDIT: Just read the news about the extra 2 years of warranty on the electronics, that's amazing - faith on the brand restored!

Last edited:

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Watching your video Rob was one of the main factors for me pulling the trigger on the new S-Works Levo. Gotta love that red color and Specialized did an awesome job of spec'ing this beast! Keep up the great job of posting videos and bringing up-to-date data to the masses! Your perspective in your vids opened my narrow mind to the joys of emtbs and I forever grateful!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles