2021 Orbea Kiox Frozen and Killed my bike!

Jaybee59

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2021
Reno
I powered up the bike this morning as usual to ride. Battery was at 100%. I rode the bike in eco to my shop to air up the tires. While there, I decided to link the system to my new phone and the Bosch connect app. It was at this point I was notified on the Kiox display that the system needed to update the software. I highlighted the no button on the display., preferring to do it later. The system screen froze "stuck" on the "settings" screen with no more ability to use any of the directional switches on the handlebars. The only button that communicates with the Kiox is the "select" diamond shaped button, but it's very limited and will not even get me out of the initial settings screen. The 2 buttons on the Kiox will perform On-Off and the bluetooth function, but with no ability to make selections via the bar switches, the thing is totally useless. This stupid little computer has effectively killed my bike. I'll take any help you may lend!
Thanks all!

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Back to the LBS for a reset and firmware update. That’s what I did when the speed limit and walk mode started acting up on a fairly new Kiox. (2 months old). These computer lockups can be a nightmare sometimes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles