ebike connect and kiox

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
I have a 2021 bike with cx4 motor and kiox display. I understand it is a difficlult sytem to pair 3rd party HR monitor etc with but the issue of when you stop during a ride while using the app on phone and then when you set off again it stops recording then starts a new route is frustrating.
Last week on a exporing ride of around 40 miles and 4000 feet of climbing we had to stop a couple of times to check maps. Kiox did not switch off but the app did so the ride was split into 4 seperate routes one of which was 3 mins duration.
Emailed Bosch they said that was how it worked. So looks like need to take a Garmin with me every ride if I want the details saved as one route rather than split if I need to stop for mechanical, check map, food, pee etc.
Anyone else have any experience of this?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have a 2021 bike with cx4 motor and kiox display. I understand it is a difficlult sytem to pair 3rd party HR monitor etc with but the issue of when you stop during a ride while using the app on phone and then when you set off again it stops recording then starts a new route is frustrating.
Last week on a exporing ride of around 40 miles and 4000 feet of climbing we had to stop a couple of times to check maps. Kiox did not switch off but the app did so the ride was split into 4 seperate routes one of which was 3 mins duration.
Emailed Bosch they said that was how it worked. So looks like need to take a Garmin with me every ride if I want the details saved as one route rather than split if I need to stop for mechanical, check map, food, pee etc.
????.........just run Strava on the phone.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
On the app you see the breaks and the total I really like it are you not getting screen attached.

7C496D1A-9341-4D14-BD6B-47CB9EEAD0DB.jpeg

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I'm having the same issue, my ride yesterday was 58km and the bosch app shows correct distance but missed 80% of the elevation and the gps location data is miles off.

My 1st solution is inside the ebike flow app I'm going to switch strava and apple watch linking off. Then run strava on my phone or watch (depending if I want HR data). The bosch app can keep its own data on riding modes and distance etc.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I'm having the same issue, my ride yesterday was 58km and the bosch app shows correct distance but missed 80% of the elevation and the gps location data is miles off.

My 1st solution is inside the ebike flow app I'm going to switch strava and apple watch linking off. Then run strava on my phone or watch (depending if I want HR data). The bosch app can keep its own data on riding modes and distance etc.
You are referring to the Bosch Smart System ( Gen 3).........the OPs bike is 2021...so Bosch gen2 system.

It is the phone that provides GPS info not the bike ( the Bosch Smart System combines that with the data it gets from its sensors), so any GPS error is down to your phone ( or its ability to grab a satellite or mobile signal whereever you were riding)

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I have the problem that often if I stop and turn off the bike, or just stop for so long, that the bike turns off automatically, When I continue my ride, the bike does not re-connect to the phone.
Often, I have had to re-start my phone before I could get the connection back.
Afte trying re-starting the app, stopping and re-starting the Bluetooth, re-starting the bike.

I don't have a problem with multiple rides on one day in the app, as when you click on the day header, it puts all the rides together into one consolidated ride.

BobtheBiulder

Jan 30, 2023
Nottinghamshire
I recently bought a rail 9 with the Kiox and have the same issue, Bosh have told me that once you stop the Kiox resets after 10 minutes so in theory, if you stop for less than 10 minutes you should be OK, recent experience backs this up.
Bosch also told me that all the feedback they receive is sent to their developers, and, if enough users contact them suggesting it would be better if it could be paused, or even have an auto pause, then they may look at adding this function, I understand the Kiox 300 already has this.
So lets give it a go, please contact Bosch on 01332 408223, you never know, it just might work?

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

Out of curiosity, what HR monitor are you using?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles