Replacing purion with kiox

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I put the kiox kit on my gen 4 bike and apart from having to drop the motor to get the wires over the top it was a fairly easy job.
Same with fitting the purion I took off and fitting that to a gen 2 bike that had the large display on it.
No extra updates required but one is only a year old and the gen 2 has had a recent motor so they will have been fairly up to date anyway.

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
I put the kiox kit on my gen 4 bike and apart from having to drop the motor to get the wires over the top it was a fairly easy job.
Same with fitting the purion I took off and fitting that to a gen 2 bike that had the large display on it.
No extra updates required but one is only a year old and the gen 2 has had a recent motor so they will have been fairly up to date anyway.

mum hoping mine will be as easy, bikes brand newand had the update prior to collection, so hoping it will be plug and play.

just wish Bosch would make the firmware updates available at home

Ledaig

Dec 3, 2021
Cambridge
I've made the change to mine earlier this year (on a 2021 Scott), everything worked from the off - and yes it's just plug and play. The biggest bonus was managing to run the cables without dropping the motor, I found the cable was movable so just tied a piece of string to the existing connector of the purion and used it as a pull through for the new cable.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles