Levo Gen 2 2020 Levo Front / Rear Suspension Balance

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
since I got my 2020 Levo the front/rear balance has always been 'off'.
The front is fine, especially since I upgraded the sir shaft to 160mm but the rear suspension is either too soft and I blow through the travel or, if I add a few more PSI, its like rock but still manages to blow through the travel.
I have the standard rockshox select unit (or whatever it is on the comp) and ive read a few things about the megneg upgrade etc etc but im a farily big lad and already have 250psi in the shock so that might not be an option.

does anyone have any suggestions that dont involve just dropping the sovs on a new DPX2 or similar, I cant afford to buy another shock.

ta - old bloke.

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
Add some tokens to the shock. It will keep the shock the same up to the mid, then at the top ot will become much more resistant to bottoming out.
Not sure if you can get tokens for it, but that's the solution.

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
I megnegged my RT3. It helped, even running over 275psi it was alot more compliant than it was before at ~240psi. But in the end I went for a cane creek db air with a custom tune from Jtech. Best thing Ive done for the rear...was well worth the money. Sometimes youve just got to bite the bullet!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I megnegged my RT3. It helped, even running over 275psi it was alot more compliant than it was before at ~240psi. But in the end I went for a cane creek db air with a custom tune from Jtech. Best thing Ive done for the rear...was well worth the money. Sometimes youve just got to bite the bullet!
yea I know you are right.. its just not an option, I still want to buy an ebike for my son and spunking all my wedge on parts for my own bike wont help with that ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles