Levo SL Gen 1 Front Suspension upgrade, any tips?

Signis

Aug 14, 2022
Norge
Currently using a 2020 Turbo Levo SL Expert Carbon with the OEM front suspension, Fox Performance 34 float 29. I have some wrist and back issues and have already swapped the rear suspension to the DHX2, the ride was definitely more plush. Looking to upgrade the front as well, which fork will be most suitable for this bike? Looking for a plush and comfy ride...

Any tips ?...

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Fox 36, Rockshox Lyrik. DVO Diamond or Ohlins 36. Most forks perform well these days just become personal preference like brakes & tyres

Bike Gorilla

Jul 2, 2020
Linslade
Currently using a 2020 Turbo Levo SL Expert Carbon with the OEM front suspension, Fox Performance 34 float 29. I have some wrist and back issues and have already swapped the rear suspension to the DHX2, the ride was definitely more plush. Looking to upgrade the front as well, which fork will be most suitable for this bike? Looking for a plush and comfy ride...

Any tips ?...
I would say if you want plush maybe go for a marzocchi coil fork. It would be a little bit heavier than the 34 but much kinder to your wrists.

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Some good deals on Lyrik and 36 now everyone has decided 38mm is essential. I always found the Lyrik a bit more "comfortable" and easy to set up, but they're both great. Personally I would avoid Ohlins if your goal is plush / comfort.

Johnathan

Oct 4, 2019
Skipton uk
I put some Rockshox Lyric Ultimates on my Gen 1 and it was a game changer over the Fox 34's. I'm loving the Fox 36's on the Gen 2 version, great performance for a 'budget' fork and cant see a more expensive fork making the performance difference justifiable economically.

Ridenfool

Oct 18, 2021
Tejas
I just installed a Cane Creek Helm Mk II purchased at half price on their deals page a couple of weeks ago.

It is magnificent. My issues were similar to what you describe, getting numb hands and sore shoulders from fighting a fork that didn't have the right stuff. Also, saw a 0.5 mph avg speed increase on my usual 17 mile loop on the first ride, and I was taking it easy as a precaution as I got used to the new fork. The Helm made everything easier.

Worth searching here and on MTBR.com for threads that have reviews and info from riders using this fork.

Also, check out the CaneCreek.com site for technical details, or give them a call. They have a Turbo Levo in their test fleet and can provide first-hand experience when answering questions.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles