Levo Comp 2020 - Suspension Setup

martymcspy

Sep 4, 2019
London
Hi Group,

I picked up my new Levo Comp 2020 on Saturday. The dealer set up my bike for sag (both shock and fork) at 25% and tyres (tubeless) around 30psi each.

I went out for a 50km trail ride around Essex yesterday, and boy the suspension is HARD! After the days trails, which include a bunch of half decent drops, my shock rubber band has gone down a maximum of about 40% of the way, and the fork has hit about 75% of it's max travel.

What would I need to do to get a slightly more plush experience from the bike? I'm a novice at Suspension. Would lowering the tyre pressure help? Would releasing some of the pressure from the shock and fork down to 30% sag help?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Firstly I assume you had both the shock and fork compression settings fully open? Yes, setting sag at 30% will soften both ends but it could equally be the case that shock and fork were not cycled properly when set up.
There is a ton of advice on set up both here and on you tube so why not start from scratch.

martymcspy

Sep 4, 2019
London
Cycled correctly? As in bouncing the shock up and down after setting the psi? Yeah, they did that. The dealer I bought it from was excellent and I am shocked at how fantastic their service was. I have no doubt he set the bike up properly. I just think I prefer a softer ride.

martymcspy

Sep 4, 2019
London
I'll find the video on setting up the shock to my personal preference.

I've come to the Levo from a Stumpjumper which had a very plush ride when doing drops.

Jb123

Jun 17, 2019
Ascot
Hi Group,

I picked up my new Levo Comp 2020 on Saturday. The dealer set up my bike for sag (both shock and fork) at 25% and tyres (tubeless) around 30psi each.

I went out for a 50km trail ride around Essex yesterday, and boy the suspension is HARD! After the days trails, which include a bunch of half decent drops, my shock rubber band has gone down a maximum of about 40% of the way, and the fork has hit about 75% of it's max travel.

What would I need to do to get a slightly more plush experience from the bike? I'm a novice at Suspension. Would lowering the tyre pressure help? Would releasing some of the pressure from the shock and fork down to 30% sag help?

i have the same bike, when i got mine the rear shock was filled with spacers, i would suggest taking a couple out and see how it feels,i have found that 30% sag works better on the Levo coming from a 180mm kenevo , the fork will probably have 2-3 spacers in take one out and set it at 30% sag this should help, also fast rebound might make the ride harsh over rougher stuff also

martymcspy

Sep 4, 2019
London
i have the same bike, when i got mine the rear shock was filled with spacers, i would suggest taking a couple out and see how it feels,i have found that 30% sag works better on the Levo coming from a 180mm kenevo , the fork will probably have 2-3 spacers in take one out and set it at 30% sag this should help, also fast rebound might make the ride harsh over rougher stuff also

Will do this tomorrow morning. Thanks for the pointers.

Jb123

Jun 17, 2019
Ascot
Will do this tomorrow morning. Thanks for the pointers.

i have definitely found it helps i have only ever ridden long travel bikes I.E 170-200MM travel but when i jumped on the Levo my thoughts where the same, i can tell you taking spacers out and running 30% sag along with slowing the rebound down has made a massive difference to the ride quality

martymcspy

Sep 4, 2019
London
i have definitely found it helps i have only ever ridden long travel bikes I.E 170-200MM travel but when i jumped on the Levo my thoughts where the same, i can tell you taking spacers out and running 30% sag along with slowing the rebound down has made a massive difference to the ride quality

My damper I have set at about 12 clicks in, which gives an over rebound of a couple of mm, so I'm quite happy with that setting. I think I'll remove one spacer first from the fork and see how that feels this weekend. The shock I'll deal with next weekend once I've got the fork sussed out.

At the moment, every time I hit a bump going down a trail, it feels like I'm just hitting concrete.

Jb123

Jun 17, 2019
Ascot
My damper I have set at about 12 clicks in, which gives an over rebound of a couple of mm, so I'm quite happy with that setting. I think I'll remove one spacer first from the fork and see how that feels this weekend. The shock I'll deal with next weekend once I've got the fork sussed out.

At the moment, every time I hit a bump going down a trail, it feels like I'm just hitting concrete.

i dont count the clicks of rebound i just do it by feel. but having it over fast will make it feel like concrete try closing it by 2 clicks then ride the same segment then repeat till its smoother

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles