2019 Levo rear suspension question.

Ddc6284

Oct 30, 2018
Saint Louis MO
Just got a 2019 Levo... Base model. Upgrading... Wanted the aluminum frame.

I ordered a Fox 36 Factory and a Float Dps. The problem is I messed up ordering the size 210x55. Just realized that the Rockshox that's on the bike is 210x52.5

The size won't fit will it? 210x55

Thanks

Anyone know if the 210x55 will work? Can't find any info online.

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
Does anyone know what is the maximum stroke length you can run on your 2019 Levo is? I have a shock that's 2.25 (57.15mm) would give 160mm of travel....

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
Did you need to purchase a bike yoke to do that?
no all original, the new levo is using a standard length shock with normal shock eyes. The lower shock eye contains a off center shock spacer which can convert your bike in a different geo ( so you can run 650 wheels as well). From lower shock eye you need to remove the DU bushing to fit this spacers. No need for special parts like you had to use on first gen levo.

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
no all original, the new levo is using a standard length shock with normal shock eyes. The lower shock eye contains a off center shock spacer which can convert your bike in a different geo ( so you can run 650 wheels as well). From lower shock eye you need to remove the DU bushing to fit this spacers. No need for special parts like you had to use on first gen levo.

Cheers Hamialized, thanks for the info. Waiting for my Levo and needed to know what I needed for upgrading parts (y)

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
I placed a DPX2 210X55 without a problem, I believe the S-works version is standard 210X55
Guys, I have to recall this message and gave the wrong info.
The shock has a 52.5mm stroke instead of the 55. Checked the invoice because a frien of mine want the same shock and found the stroke. Sorry!!

scipy

Dec 29, 2018
Sevnica
Harmialized,

Just to be precise, which part of the message are you recalling? About the placement of a 210x55 DPX2 inside the frame or that the S-Works is in fact also a 52,5 mm stroke? I'd want to confirm that a DPX2 210x55 fits inside a 2019 Turbo Levo :) If you could post a pic of yours that'd be great!

Thanks!

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
Hi,

I thought I had a 210 shock with 55 stroke, but it is in fact a 210 with a 52.5 stroke.
Later I noticed that it is possible to fit a 210 with 55mm stroke but you need to switch the flip chip to the high position to prefent the shocklink hitting the seat tube.

scipy

Dec 29, 2018
Sevnica
Thanks for the reply! I went to my Specialized dealer on Saturday to measure all the gaps when the shock is deflated and fully compressed and even though it was a SuperDeluxe on the bike, it didn't look like anything would hit if it had 2,5 mm more of stroke to go.. BUT I don't know in which position the flip chip was. In any case, I asked the FOX dealership about the 210x55 and it can be reduced to 52,5 by a simple 2,5 mm shim under the top-out bumper. This is kinda important because they can't directly source the 210x52.2 model since it's "OEM only" and for Trek Fuel EX.

If anyone else from the EU is interested, they're making my friend a steal of a deal for a pre-ordered 2019 DPX2 and a e-bike specific 2019 36 Factory GRIP2. He's grabbing both for his Hyper/black entry level Levo and then I'm kidnapping his bike for at least a week :D I don't know the rules of the forum and didn't want to step on any toes by sharing the details, but if anyone is interested they can PM me or I can make a post in the Sales part of the forum.

scipy

Dec 29, 2018
Sevnica
Let's not even get to talking about tires.. Just bought a set of 4 for the 3-series which will last nearly 5 years for the price of what I go through in one season on a mtb.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its economies of scale, MTB marketplace is very small compared to automotive parts.

Also suspension design for MTB is pretty complex, as designers have to factor in peddling input and pedal platform stability, which is not a factor on automotive applications.

I read an interview with a Fox engineer somewhere where they talked about how designing the MTB suspension was the most difficult in terms of factors to consider out of all of the suspension systems they make, before you even think about the user adjustability options.

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Has anybody tried a Fox X2 Float on a Medium Levo 2019? Collisions? Played around with coilshock and cannot get the correct feel with respect to suspension beeing to linear. Found the correct springrate but does not feel plush enough in the first bit of travel with correct springrate (no hars bottom out), tried 3 different springrates 500, 550, 600 not compleatly satisfied. I'm 72kg. So does the X2 fit in the M frame?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Has anybody tried a Fox X2 Float on a Medium Levo 2019? Collisions? Played around with coilshock and cannot get the correct feel with respect to suspension beeing to linear. Found the correct springrate but does not feel plush enough in the first bit of travel with correct springrate (no hars bottom out), tried 3 different springrates 500, 550, 600 not compleatly satisfied. I'm 72kg. So does the X2 fit in the M frame?
If you weight 72 kilos, those all springs are too heavy. Maybe 450 fits for you and remember to adjust the rebound

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
If you weight 72 kilos, those all springs are too heavy. Maybe 450 fits for you and remember to adjust the rebound

Hi, No way, i first bought the fox sls 500lbs/in and bottomed out all the time. Played with both compression and rebound but still bottomed out way to easy. Then got a 600 spring, way to stiff. Ended up with 550 as a compromise. Last year I had a Kenevo Expert M and it came with a 420 something spring. Never bottomed out on that, BUT those are very different suspension kinematics. So again, anyone tried Fox X2 on their Levo 2019?

markm

Nov 26, 2019
South Africa
Hi, No way, i first bought the fox sls 500lbs/in and bottomed out all the time. Played with both compression and rebound but still bottomed out way to easy. Then got a 600 spring, way to stiff. Ended up with 550 as a compromise. Last year I had a Kenevo Expert M and it came with a 420 something spring. Never bottomed out on that, BUT those are very different suspension kinematics. So again, anyone tried Fox X2 on their Levo 2019?
Hi, also think the X2 is the way to go. I have. Med. 2019 Levo with the Alu frame and also wondering if there is enough tolerance for the large aircan. I saw a post where a guy fitted an X2 to a carbon frame Med and he said it was tight but no contact..

tabrat

Sep 29, 2019
Ventura CA
Hey everyone,
For a 2019 Turbo Levo expert which I love. If you buy the 210x50/52.5/55 DVO Topaz rear shock which has awesome small bump compliance you can get spacers to adjust from 50 or 52.5(stock) or 55 for more travel From DVO (same shock). You can adjust the positive or negative air chamber with spacers to your liking. I want to add I really doubt that the shock in the high or low setting with the flip chip adjustment makes any difference or will hit the frame with a 55mm stroke since the 210mm is fixed. I am running 55mm in the high position for clearance and for quicker handling in corners since I have tight switchbacks. I also upgraded the Pike upfront to a 160mm with a longer Debonair airspring to get a Front 160 / Rear 157 travel bike. I went another level and added a really huge difference in performance by adding Cushcore to the wheels and changing to Maxxis Assegai in front and Aggressor in rear. This made a huge, huge difference and now I am running less air pressure in tires and the bike handles way better (i mean way, way better). It flys downhill with far more confidence. I have to say I keep fiddling with the Pike and am not sure I love it but am putting up with it since the bike is really solid as is. I will very soon flip the chip again to the low position and repost the results to see how that changes stability, handling and clearance and if it results in any suspension clearance issues.
Other upgrades:
I have a very long torso and this bike felt like it crunched me up so I added a Spank Spike Vibrocore 50mm rise handlebar and...
SQ LAB Ltd. 70mm stem (longest I wanted to go)...
Now I sit more down in the bike vs on top and forward where I was front loaded and stressing my wrists on downhills.
Considering:
I am now considering changing the cranks to 155 from Miranda but have not pulled the trigger yet.

Botts101

Patreon
Jun 26, 2018
Carlsbad, California
Hey everyone,
For a 2019 Turbo Levo expert which I love. If you buy the 210x50/52.5/55 DVO Topaz rear shock which has awesome small bump compliance you can get spacers to adjust from 50 or 52.5(stock) or 55 for more travel From DVO (same shock). You can adjust the positive or negative air chamber with spacers to your liking. I want to add I really doubt that the shock in the high or low setting with the flip chip adjustment makes any difference or will hit the frame with a 55mm stroke since the 210mm is fixed. I am running 55mm in the high position for clearance and for quicker handling in corners since I have tight switchbacks. I also upgraded the Pike upfront to a 160mm with a longer Debonair airspring to get a Front 160 / Rear 157 travel bike. I went another level and added a really huge difference in performance by adding Cushcore to the wheels and changing to Maxxis Assegai in front and Aggressor in rear. This made a huge, huge difference and now I am running less air pressure in tires and the bike handles way better (i mean way, way better). It flys downhill with far more confidence. I have to say I keep fiddling with the Pike and am not sure I love it but am putting up with it since the bike is really solid as is. I will very soon flip the chip again to the low position and repost the results to see how that changes stability, handling and clearance and if it results in any suspension clearance issues.
Other upgrades:
I have a very long torso and this bike felt like it crunched me up so I added a Spank Spike Vibrocore 50mm rise handlebar and...
SQ LAB Ltd. 70mm stem (longest I wanted to go)...
Now I sit more down in the bike vs on top and forward where I was front loaded and stressing my wrists on downhills.
Considering:
I am now considering changing the cranks to 155 from Miranda but have not pulled the trigger yet.
Cush core are a huge PITA to put on. Just get Eddy Current and save the massive tube weight of the Cush C

the 155 miranda cranks didnt last at all.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles