2019 Specialized Turbo Levo. All the details confirmed S-Works PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
New 2019 turbo Levo expert £7k
Or new bulls AM 4 with bigger battery and Brose s mag £4.5k
I've been looking at the Bulls too. It has great potential but it weighs 6 pounds more than the the 2018 Levo and with the 2019 expected to go on a diet that gap may widen. Also, looking at the new AM 4 version coming up, there are wires everywhere in the back which makes me think the build quality is lacking.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
The new LCD head unit, from the looks of it, is just embarrassing. I wish Specialized would dedicate some R&D to functionality that would actually matter to users, like integrated lights and GPS tracking.
I agree on the head unit, but I hate displays on my bike and this thing is optional.
The other two things you mentioned are things I personally wouldn’t want. Integrated lights that I wouldn’t use the majority of the time that could break off in a crash. I use two 3600 lumen lights when I night ride and I am glad they don’t draw power from my battery.
GPS tracking, is something that I added to my bike for $50.00.

Last edited:

Firefighter Guy

Sep 15, 2018
Minnesota, USA
My LBS told me today the following regarding colors:

Aluminum Comp: Tan or Gray
Carbon Comp: Blue or Red
Expert: Blue/Red or Storm?

Can anyone confirm? I know the pictures on this thread show Blue and Red as Aluminium Comp. Love the blue but not sure it’s worth $1000 more to get carbon.

Thanks!

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton

Can anyone confirm? I know the pictures on this thread show Blue and Red as Aluminium Comp. Love the blue but not sure it’s worth $1000 more to get carbon.

Thanks!
Is storm the beige colour?

Creatorex

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
I wonder if the lupine lights will plug straight into this new mag ‘s’ motor like the 2018 motor? Also what the cable routing will be like with the new downtube/ battery design...?
I think it will be mostly the same routing and plug in despite of the new model design. Cables will need to go downtube. The good thing is that removing battery we have lot of room to work cabling.

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia

The Blue/Red on the Expert spec Levo is likely called "Storm Grey/Rocket Red". It's the same colour that appears on the 2019 Stumpjumper Expert and the 2019 Kenevo Expert. "Storm Grey" looks more like a shade of blue than a shade of grey.

The grey/beige colour with the lime decals looks to be the same as the "Satin Cool Grey / Team Yellow" colourway on the Stumpjumper Alloy Comp. I think the lighting in the pic makes the colour look beige.

Having seen both of these colours on Stumpjumpers in real life I can definitely say photos do not do these colourways any justice at all.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
If the Storm is the Storm Grey on the Stumpjumper I would be happy. It would look great and blend in better with the black engine.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
GPS tracking, is something that I added to my bike for $50.00.

Be interested to have more info on that? I think it makes sense to have GPS tracking integrated with the battery, so I can only have to charge one thing on the bike not two. It can sit there on charge and if it gets stolen there's more than enough power to run the tracker for a few days

Agopo77

Jul 28, 2018
Somewhere over the rainbow
The Blue/Red on the Expert spec Levo is likely called "Storm Grey/Rocket Red". It's the same colour that appears on the 2019 Stumpjumper Expert and the 2019 Kenevo Expert. "Storm Grey" looks more like a shade of blue than a shade of grey.

The grey/beige colour with the lime decals looks to be the same as the "Satin Cool Grey / Team Yellow" colourway on the Stumpjumper Alloy Comp. I think the lighting in the pic makes the colour look beige.

Having seen both of these colours on Stumpjumpers in real life I can definitely say photos do not do these colourways any justice at all.

So Geoff no black satin on the comp carbon like kenevo????

Levo2018

Jun 15, 2018
Germany
So Geoff no black satin on the comp carbon like kenevo????

That`s a point i can`t unterstand why they didn`t make a one in complete black !!!!!
The new Kenevo is back in black because they have noticed that 90% of the sales were uni black, why not a completely black LEVO again......... i heard there will be a LEVO in black/green but didn`t see pics so far.....

The new LEVO looks better and better as more i watch it, but the available color`s aren`t my favorites for a bike.....

Last edited:

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Does anyone know how they have done the 700 watt battery

Doea it use the same cells as the 504 and just has more and ia longer and heavier OR is it using new 20amp cells? Or something else

Koro

Sep 15, 2018
Germany
That`s a point i can`t unterstand why they didn`t make a one in complete black !!!!!
The new Kenevo is back in black because they have noticed that 90% of the sales were uni black, why not a completely black LEVO again......... i heard there will be a LEVO in black/green but didn`t see pics so far.....

The new LEVO looks better and better as more i watch it, but the available color`s aren`t my favorites for a bike.....
totally agree...

Pat2203

Sep 15, 2018
Guisborough
I've been looking at the Bulls too. It has great potential but it weighs 6 pounds more than the the 2018 Levo and with the 2019 expected to go on a diet that gap may widen. Also, looking at the new AM 4 version coming up, there are wires everywhere in the back which makes me think the build quality is lacking.
I know weight is an issue for some but when riders weight differ so much what is 6lb on a bike when you have a rider on a levo weighing 100kg and on a bulls a rider weighs 80kg ??? Rather makes the 6lb irrelevant

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I know weight is an issue for some but when riders weight differ so much what is 6lb on a bike when you have a rider on a levo weighing 100kg and on a bulls a rider weighs 80kg ??? Rather makes the 6lb irrelevant

I agree with you on that point.
My current 2017 Levo weighs in at 23.6kg with all of its current modifications and I do not feel the weight of the bike hinders the way the bike rides or handles too much.

However saying that, I think it would be best to do a back to back test of both my current bike and the new 2019 Levo on the same local trails I ride to be able to comment any further as the 2019 may surprise me once I finally get a leg over it ?

Creatorex

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
Good question, I wonder if it will be more difficult to carry a spare for epic trips eg C2C
To reach 720wh with the same space the just need 3,6v 5,000mA cells. Battery structure is 4 groups of 10 cells so battery is 36v nominal current. BH declared to have 5,000mAh cells (21700 Samsung cells are 4,800mA they are.may using another brand) so for me an skilled person could modify the current battery by replacing cell by cell with 21700 cells getting 700wh in that way. If we get cells of 5,000mA or over we could get more. Each cell cost about 7,75usd* 40 you get the cost. Weight of cells is 2,5kg so you have to add the battery case and elements.

Last edited:

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
To reach 720wh with the same space the just need 3,6v 5mA cells. Battery structure is 4 groups of 10 cells so battery is 36v nominal current. BH declared to have 5mA cells (21700 Samsung cells are in truth 4,8mA) so for me an skilled person could modify the current battery by replacing cell by cell with 21700 getting 700wh in that way. If we get cells of 5mA or over we could get more. Each cell cost about 7,75usd* 40 you get the cost.

What about the built in BMS, I don’t think that it would easily adapt to the higher capacity cells - Could that be a showstopper?

Karsten

Creatorex

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
What about the built in BMS, I don’t think that it would easily adapt to the higher capacity cells - Could that be a showstopper?

Karsten
Good point, battery management system is something to keep in mind. But I think there will no be mayor impact if number of cells and current is the same.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Couldn't they offer some nice metallic or chameleon colors they offer for other MTB and Road models like this:
Specialized

O no, the paint job is too expensive. We'll just slap on some color laying around and the "sheeps" will buy it anyway.
Something is still bogels my mind, how the bike company won't offer more colors for every model like car industry does?
I know it is easier said than done, difrent production, but offering some special colors to be ordered and paid extra would be doable? Maybe someone would rather have a nice paint job than more expensive components.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Except that the 21700 are larger. So no way to use the same volume.

There seems to be a problem comprehending this fact. Face it folks, the 21700 battery will not be retrofittable to integrated systems based on the 18650 cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles