2019 Specialized Turbo Levo. All the details confirmed S-Works PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Rang my local dealer today,non in stock and no more stock to be had.
Specialized Men's Turbo Levo Fsr Expert Carbon 6fattie/29 2018 large - SHOP SOILED - Freeborn Bikes

£5299 ex display down from £6250, size L in Red, has small chip in paint on head tube

img_0203.jpg

209649_2.jpg

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
You have wrong information. My dealer told me 48
I got that straight from Specialized at Specialized when they were asked about weights. That would 2lbs heavier than the current S-Works.
There’s no way it weighs as much as my Kenevo does right now.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Looking forward to seeing this in the metal, I really like the look of the asymmetric stumpy, so keen to see how this looks. I think spech are being very reactionary with the colour scheme, didn't Santa Cruz do this 2-3 years ago?

TorAtle

Aug 4, 2018
OSLO
40% increase in range is impressive. However, I doubt the majority of Levo 2018 owners would notice the lighter and stiffer frame. 27.5 vs 29 is subjective, as is colours. The new LCD head unit, from the looks of it, is just embarrassing. I wish Specialized would dedicate some R&D to functionality that would actually matter to users, like integrated lights and GPS tracking. I may still upgrade to the 2019, but it is not as clear cut choice as I though it was some weeks ago :(

Creatorex

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
Depending on for how long and how much power you use and you're able to give I think the sworks 2018 it's a best choice, now with 2 or 3k discount. I have one levo sworks 2018 and I use 27,5 and 29 roval wheels, and let me tell you that with 29 wheels 2.3 tyres it's amazing for cross country Riding and totally different bike. I'm able to get 4hours with 2500 meters of climbing, and still have some battery 20%, but I give it more than 200w average of my legs and go in eco 25% and trail 50% occasionally. What I'd like specialized do, for people investing in these expensive bikes, it's to support customer by offering higher capacity batteries and another upgrades, which is possible due to the huge progress in density and in technology... And sell them to those people. They can make money also in this way and will get good image. Ebikes are not as tradicional Bikes, we have different elements such as software and hardware, taking care of customer base will always leave a return to specialized and it's dealers.

Creatorex

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
40% increase in range is impressive. However, I doubt the majority of Levo 2018 owners would notice the lighter and stiffer frame. 27.5 vs 29 is subjective, as is colours. The new LCD head unit, from the looks of it, is just embarrassing. I wish Specialized would dedicate some R&D to functionality that would actually matter to users, like integrated lights and GPS tracking. I may still upgrade to the 2019, but it is not as clear cut choice as I though it was some weeks ago :(
Lupine light integrates perfectly and it's and amazing light. You just need lupine and the latest firmware... About the rest of your comments fully agree.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
The new 700wh battery is backwards compatible with the 2018 levo. It has a hole in it to secure it in the old frame. It clips into the new frame at the bottom.

And if it don’t, I’m drilling a hole in it and securing it with zip ties and tape ??
Cause that plug looks familiar, like it should work. ?

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
View attachment 5100

I couldn’t give a fuck about the display, I never wanted one and I am relieved that it is an option.

AMEN

If you don’t like 29” wheels, switch them out for 27.5”s. We will be doing this at our shop for free for any customer that prefers big heavy meatball tires that eat up efficiency and battery life.

why the hate on other ppls choice of tires? have you ever ridden in a tropical rain forest, with 1 foot wide trails and raintree roots? give me a 27.5 any day over 29ners...for my type of riding

As for the weight, currently on 2.6 MM ...cant see how they can be heavier than 29ners

Last edited:

Adasb

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2018
New Zealand
Lupine light integrates perfectly and it's and amazing light. You just need lupine and the latest firmware... About the rest of your comments fully agree.

I wonder if the lupine lights will plug straight into this new mag ‘s’ motor like the 2018 motor? Also what the cable routing will be like with the new downtube/ battery design...?

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Yesterday was a good day.... I confirmed my order for the Carbon Expert 2019 in light blue and I also bought a nearly new 2018 Carbon Comp (with Debonair 160mm airshaft upgrade) for £3k for my son..... now I need to find something for the wife, I did ask her is she wanted my old S-Works Enduro 2014.... but that didn't go down to well! :eek: :LOL::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
I note the SBC website is down for maintaince... I wonder if they're about to add the new bikes :)

I can't seem to get the Mission Control app from the app store either, it's not there. New version about to come out maybe ? I want it for the Carbon Comp we just bought :unsure:

TorAtle

Aug 4, 2018
OSLO
I wonder if the lupine lights will plug straight into this new mag ‘s’ motor like the 2018 motor?
The new Brose Mag light output is now 12V, up from 6V. Some versions of the Lupine SL support 6-12V, maybe the Brose one too. I would ask Lupine.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
...What I'd like specialized do, for people investing in these expensive bikes, it's to support customer by offering higher capacity batteries and another upgrades, which is possible due to the huge progress in density and in technology... And sell them to those people. They can make money also in this way and will get good image. Ebikes are not as tradicional Bikes, we have different elements such as software and hardware, taking care of customer base will always leave a return to specialized and it's dealers.
“...huge progress in (battery) density and in technology”? Sorry, that simply isn’t true at this point. Enormous investment is going into battery tech for EVs, but there is no magic bullet battery chemistry that is a) ready for the mainstream and b) an improvement on lithium ion in terms of energy density, cycle life and IR. That is why the bigger battery in this Levo is heavier than the old one.

It’s impossible to predict, but I severely doubt that we will see a new chemistry battery in ebikes for 3-5 years - even if it were ready for commercial use tomorrow then EVs and other higher revenue applications will be where they appear first.

Last edited:

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Sorry man, didn’t mean it to come off the way it did. I think the comp is the way to go, change what you don’t like and pick up the bigger battery later. If I didn’t work where I do no way in hell I could justify spending more on an expert or S-Works.

Cheers dude no offence taken
I could have spent £8000 on just one bike for myself but I chose to buy 2 one for me and one for the wife. She’d not rode a bike in 30 years and now after no time at all she’s ripping down reds and some blacks and enjoying mountain biking like the rest of us.
My sacrifice has given someone else the chance to find out how much fun e-bikes can be what ever you ride , so for me it was a simple choice .
Keep up the good forum chats Al very informative and comprehensive I do really enjoy reading them.
Cheers Chris ??

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Also for most of us, we are quite frankly not at the level where incremental spec improvements which cost much more are going to make any difference to our riding experience.

For the average rider a well set up comp will perform as good as any higher end bike, and certainly better than a poorly set up S-Works.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I just rode the 2019 LEVO Carbon Expert for 2hrs and i can tell you it feels amazing. Way more agile than the predecessor. Hard climbs and tough and rough downhills.
I will definitely order one. More details coming after Sept. 18th, we are still forbidden to tell more.

j.

Andre Conway

Sep 3, 2018
Manchester
I just rode the 2019 LEVO Carbon Expert for 2hrs and i can tell you it feels amazing. Way more agile than the predecessor. Hard climbs and tough and rough downhills.
I will definitely order one. More details coming after Sept. 18th, we are still forbidden to tell more.

j.
What’s the sizing like?

Creatorex

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
“...huge progress in (battery) density and in technology”? Sorry, that simply isn’t true at this point. Enormous investment is going into battery tech for EVs, but there is no magic bullet battery chemistry that is a) ready for the mainstream and b) an improvement on lithium ion in terms of energy density, cycle life and IR. That is why the bigger battery in this Levo is heavier than the old one.

It’s impossible to predict, but I severely doubt that we will see a new chemistry battery in ebikes for 3-5 years - even if it were ready for commercial use tomorrow then EVs and other higher revenue applications will be where they appear first.
3 years lifecycle is in bike's lifecycle so my point is to have a good lifecycle with purchase options taking advantage of the technology improvements... Not to feel like your bike of 9000€ gets old and outdated every 12months when that's not the case. They want you to feel like if you had something obsolete. When I look at the 2019 model and I look at the 2018 sworks model I think people may miss only extended battery. Of course there are some range extenders, but from my pov aren't the best choice. And in the levo 2018 downtube in the upper side there is space for more battery and I'm still thinking that in the same space new cells may provide more density and more watts. The 2018 battery is 2,8kg with 504wh I think that for 2.5kg 40 cells which provides 14AH we can get now 19AH with the latest cells, which is very close to 700wh. BH uses 4.8amp cells. Calculation: 4800mA*40cells*3,6v/1000=691,2Wh same space maybe more weight. With 5000mA which it's what BH declared you get the 720wh. But the 21700 cells I found to be 4800mA. Weight is 67,4grams per cell * 40 it's about 2,5kg.

Last edited:

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018

j.
Awesome to here; thank for the info.

There's quite a bit of negativity here lol. Don't forget this industry was founded by bikers and in general driven by bikers.

Year on year the bikes improve that's a fact, otherwise, I'd still be riding my Rockhopper with thumb shifters and a U-brake!!! The 2018 expert was better than the 2017 expert, the 2019 expert will be better than 2018!!

Hopefully, I'll be lucky enough to get one from the first batch, fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles