2019 Specialized Turbo Levo. All the details confirmed S-Works PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creatorex

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
Enjoy. Worlds first S-Works pic.

View attachment 5183
Geometry is pretty similar to 2018. For me the wins are: the better battery integration, so you have a cleaner downtube, dimensions are pretty similar, now looks more rounded but volumes are the same, and the improvement in the motor size which makes it look bit cleaner. Of course having a 700wh battery is great and if motor behavior is the same here we have the best MTB ebike. In any case 2018 sworks model is at level and despite of battery capacity a 2018 owner do not need to change as per 2018 sworks behaves perfectly with 27,5 and 29 even combining 27,5 rear and 29 in front. And bike performance and rigidity it's amazing in 2018 model. So better to wait for more and let's see if specialized updates the battery packs for the levos. They will get some upselling as well.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Enjoy. Worlds first S-Works pic.

View attachment 5183

Oh how fickle we all are.

Not one negative post so far after seeing the SWorks ?
hmmmmm looks like all the shallow people are either hiding, busy with ‘much better things to do’, on holiday, on sick leave or desperately trying to come up with a negative comment but can’t quite think of one at the moment.

Me, I am taking tomorrow off to go and see them in the flesh, test ride a few of them and depending on how it goes possibly make a purchase.

Lxmaso

Sep 2, 2018
Venice
This sworks looks totally an other bike respect what we saw before. Fuck I would buy this boring black bike! Nooo I cannot buy a black bike!!! Why they made it so good ! Damn!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK

Not one negative post so far after seeing the SWorks
Here you go;

The only one that looks good is also the most expensive. Clever marketing decision or underhanded money-grabbing cynicism by the Big S?

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
@Doomanic how right you are, screw it the Macan can wait another 3 years better to splurge on a new bike whilst I can still enjoy it.

I once spent Christmas in a caravan on the front drive of my in laws so I am Ok with the traveller reference.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Here you go;

The only one that looks good is also the most expensive. Clever marketing decision or underhanded money-grabbing cynicism by the Big S?

Fair enough, we are all different and have different views regarding what we like.
I think the red one looks good, I think the blue one looks great. I can afford those. There is no way i can stretch to the SWorks and that looks &@#£% awesome!
So I can’t see how they are money grabbing. I am more than happy to pay top dollar and be comfortable that I have an almost no questions asked warranty behind me with a huge dealer base in the UK. No frigging about sending it back to dealers in Ireland or Europe. No sorry mate, you are going to be without your bike for 3-4 weeks while we faff about trying to fix it.

To me, the new Levos all look the same. It is purely the make up on the outside of them that is creating all the comments which for some reason has gone into a dead silence now......

The key thing for me is the after sales support (second to none), the new motor, how it rides (the most important factor to me) and the ability to purchase and fit a 700Wh battery in to it. That is what ticks all my boxes and that is why I will probably buy one.

Reactions: Dsc

Cho Cyril

Sep 12, 2018
Chamonix
Geometry is pretty similar to 2018. For me the wins are: the better battery integration, so you have a cleaner downtube, dimensions are pretty similar, now looks more rounded but volumes are the same, and the improvement in the motor size which makes it look bit cleaner. Of course having a 700wh battery is great and if motor behavior is the same here we have the best MTB ebike. In any case 2018 sworks model is at level and despite of battery capacity a 2018 owner do not need to change as per 2018 sworks behaves perfectly with 27,5 and 29 even combining 27,5 rear and 29 in front. And bike performance and rigidity it's amazing in 2018 model. So better to wait for more and let's see if specialized updates the battery packs for the levos. They will get some upselling as well.

The geometry is way different than the 2018.
The 2019 Stumpjumper have more stiffness and he is more playfull.

The old stumpjumper and levo are one of the best bikes and the best i had to ride, but i have the Stumpjumper 2019 since June and he is way better !

I use to ride my Levo in 29inch wheels, but to be honest i rode the new Levo, and its completely mental. That’s it, mental.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales

The old stumpjumper and levo are one of the best bikes and the best i had to ride, but i have the Stumpjumper 2019 since June and he is way better !

I use to ride my Levo in 29inch wheels, but to be honest i rode the new Levo, and its completely mental. That’s it, mental.

I hope to have the same experience tomorrow ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet

16 pages in and it looks like someone's finally talking about changes to the bike's ride characteristics rather than the look of it.
:eek:
By stiffness and playfulness are we to assume you mean more supportive/progressive suspension? And a lighter overall build? or do you mean frame stiffness?

Are there any details of the actual geometry or suspension kinematics for folk who prefer reading how a bike rides to looking at pics of how shiny the paint is?
Weights would be nice too?
So Is the new bike 27.5? or 29? What;s mental about it? no longer running marshmallow tyres?

Or is the "all details confirmed" title of this thread just clickbait? or did I miss something major while skim reading through?

TIA ;)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
So heres whats what for those of you wanting to see one/cop one over the next few days IN THE UK

They are in the Spesh warehouse right now, shipping out overnight, some shops will have them built up and in store tomorrow afternoon.

However they will only have the standard battery versions at first, as there is delayed shipping on the larger battery versions (expert/s-works?) and no firm date for these being in stock as yet.

Apparently a 2019 Alloy comp is lighter than an 18 expert, and battery range is up across the board because of software/lower weight/other clever stuff.

Come with 29's but can run plus if you want.

Cho Cyril

Sep 12, 2018
Chamonix
16 pages in and it looks like someone's finally talking about changes to the bike's ride characteristics rather than the look of it.
By stiffness and playfulness are we to assume you mean more supportive/progressive suspension? And a lighter overall build? or do you mean frame stiffness?

Are there any details of the actual geometry or suspension kinematics for folk who prefer reading how a bike rides to looking at pics of how shiny the paint is?

So Is the new bike 27.5? or 29? What;s mental about it? no longer running marshmallow tyres?

Or is the "all details confirmed" title of this thread just clickbait? or did I miss something major while skim reading through?

TIA ;)

Everyone is looking about the battery/range/motor etc... (especially in France...) but we are talking about mountain bike !
The geometry is more important, that‘s we feel when we ride it (In this case the battery/range/motor is upper the otherbrand for sure)
Has we can see on leaked pictures, the frame is like the new Stumpjumper, so maybe we have the same benefit ? All the informations are on the Specialized website regarding the Stumpjumper ?
For the tires, the new Black Diamond casing from specialized is way better than the grid, but its depend what you need. I live in the French Alps, Black Diaond is better, but a grid casing for something cooler (maybe with a cushcore) would be perfect !

Can’t wait tomorrow to be able to talk more about it ?

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales

TIA ;)
Well no one has really been allowed to ride one until very recently Gary and that must have been a sneaky one ;)
Agree with your comments about what they look like. The most important thing to me is what does it ride like?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
comparing it to a stumpy is probably pretty pointless.
Has we can see on leaked pictures, the frame is like the new Stumpjumper
Most FSRs "look" pretty similar. But even only slightly different pivot locations can lead to completely different suspension/braking/pedalling characteristics. And most specializeds over the years have all had similar aesthetics per year model.
Speculation based on a picture is pretty pointless, I was under the impression you'd ridden one?
If so, please explain what you meant by stiffer and more playful? and why?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I may have bunnyhopped and skidded one in a carpark tomorrow afternoon, so should be able to give a detailed and comprehensive review straight after.:cool:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hahaha
Everyone knows cutties, wheelies and mannies is the true car park test of a bike ;)

Get on it! :cool:

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK

Not one negative post so far after seeing the SWorks ?
hmmmmm looks like all the shallow people are either hiding, busy with ‘much better things to do’, on holiday, on sick leave or desperately trying to come up with a negative comment but can’t quite think of one at the moment.

Me, I am taking tomorrow off to go and see them in the flesh, test ride a few of them and depending on how it goes possibly make a purchase.

Go for it Kiwi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles