Levo Gen 2 2019 Levo power problem

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
Hi guys, a bit strange this but if anybody has experienced it I'd appreciate help.

Bike left overnight, when I go to turn it on at the TCU no sign of power up, even after multiple tries.
Remove the power cable from the battery connection then reconnect, press TCU turn on button and the bike powers up?
Strange thing is that I can switch the bike off, go back an hour later, and the TCU button powers the bike up. Switch off, leave it another couple of hours, try again, no problem, it powers up.
Leave overnight and I'm back with the non start problem described above.

I've changed the power cable so I'm sure it's not that........possibly TCU?

any help appreciated

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
Your TCU is probably causing the issue. The battery is in deepsleep mode overnight (after appr 5 hours of not using the bike) and can't be waked up. When you remove the power cabel and connect again you trigger the battery to wake up the system and bike start normally again.

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
Your TCU is probably causing the issue. The battery is in deepsleep mode overnight (after appr 5 hours of not using the bike) and can't be waked up. When you remove the power cabel and connect again you trigger the battery to wake up the system and bike start normally again.
So new TCU?......or new battery for TCU?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
As far as I am aware the battery will only be put into sleep mode by the BMS if the battery is left for an extended period of time with a very low level of charge. This is done to protect the cells. The only "deep sleep " mode is the a one off applied by the manufacturer to enable the battery to be unharmed whilst it is distributed to retailers and before it is woken up by its first charge.

The OP problem sounds to me like a poor power lead to battery connection, quite possibly on the low voltage connectors. I would give that a clean and very close visual inspection. Worth a try as a potential test when the TCU fails to power up is to tap the power lead to battery connection with the handle of a screwdriver or similar.

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
Just a suggestion before you get to carried away. Have you tried a cotton bud and cleaner to make sure the connections are OK. I had some weird issues until forum said to do this on a regular basis.
@Glen yes mate did all that and like you I do this on a regular basis. New power lead and TCU on the way from Certini cycles who have been exceptional with the service and help they have given me, cannot fault them in any way.

VOOBOY

Nov 19, 2019
South Yorkshire
As far as I am aware the battery will only be put into sleep mode by the BMS if the battery is left for an extended period of time with a very low level of charge. This is done to protect the cells. The only "deep sleep " mode is the a one off applied by the manufacturer to enable the battery to be unharmed whilst it is distributed to retailers and before it is woken up by its first charge.

The OP problem sounds to me like a poor power lead to battery connection, quite possibly on the low voltage connectors. I would give that a clean and very close visual inspection. Worth a try as a potential test when the TCU fails to power up is to tap the power lead to battery connection with the handle of a screwdriver or similar.
Thanks for the reply @Mikerb, New power lead and TCU on the way from Certini cycles under warranty, hopefully this will sort it, I'll update this post just to close it off as sorted

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Thanks for the reply @Mikerb, New power lead and TCU on the way from Certini cycles under warranty, hopefully this will sort it, I'll update this post just to close it off as sorted

Wow that was quick mate, I'm having trouble trying to sort out warranty on a power harness, looks about four weeks till I can get one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles