Levo Gen 2 Power switch problem

cousin jack

Oct 30, 2019
cornwall
After 3 years with no obvious problems, my 2019 levo hardtail has a problem with switching between walk assist/eco/trail/turbo.
My first thoughts were that the handlebar remote cable switch had failed and marched it to my LBS for a diagnosis.
They checked the cable and the battery and concluded that they were both fine so it had to be the motor.
As it is out of warranty this would present me with a really hefty bill for a fairly ageing bike.
What puzzles me is that the motor seems to work fine if power modes are changed manually via the battery buttons (except the walk assist option).
I've read somewhere that sometimes "corrosion" takes place at the point where the remote cable enters the motor.
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, and if so, how to fix........any replies gratefully acknowledged.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I wonder how the cable from the switch can be checked? The TCU connects to the motor, the handlebar control connects to the TCU. I can't see how the LBS can conclude that a motor that works from the switch on the TCU but not from the switch on the handle bars that runs to the TCU is faulty.
I was having a wee issue with my bike, so, to check the cable, the mechanic lent me a known good one he keeps for just this purpose. Turns out both my original cable was fine. I suggest you ask them nicely if they have one they can lend you, a new one is under £70 by the way.

cousin jack

Oct 30, 2019
cornwall
I wonder how the cable from the switch can be checked? The TCU connects to the motor, the handlebar control connects to the TCU. I can't see how the LBS can conclude that a motor that works from the switch on the TCU but not from the switch on the handle bars that runs to the TCU is faulty.
I was having a wee issue with my bike, so, to check the cable, the mechanic lent me a known good one he keeps for just this purpose. Turns out both my original cable was fine. I suggest you ask them nicely if they have one they can lend you, a new one is under £70 by the way.
thank you for the reply, will take your advice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles