Kenevo Gen1 Range Extender problem Volabike

ciorbarece7

Oct 7, 2022
Nbg
Hi guys,

I recently bought a 2019 Kenevo which came with an installed Volabike range extender, the cylindrical one for the bottle cage.

The problem ist the stupid thing sometimes works and sometimes not, which can be a terrible pain in the arse especially when riding big tours with other people.

Volabike says that both the bike battery and the extender must be charged to 100% to work. From my experience this is not true, because it happened to me that the extender started working when the bike battery was discharged at about 60%. I then changed some settings in blevo and then ist suddenly worked.

Question for Volabike and/or Trailwatts users: Do you experience similar problems? Do you really have to charge the extender to 100% as volabike claims, otherwise it would not work? I think this must be bs, because that would mean that it would be impossible to turn the extende off when it used some power, because then it would no be usable unless charged to 100% again.

What could cause such problems? Really angry and p*** off with the damn thing, since it ruined my day again today.

It just stays at 100% and remains unused.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles