Levo Gen 2 2019 Levo Comp Carbon Transmission

Jonnyf

Mar 3, 2019
East Sussex
Hi All,

Time to replace the Levo Comp Carbon's drive chain, the whole lot is pretty worn out so time for a spend up - a few questions if someone could help out please?

1, Is it best to stick with the standard KMC e11 chain; the SRAM PG1130, 11 speed 11-42 Cassette and the SRAM GX derailleur ?
2, If I replace the gear shifter cable, wire - will the new one push through the outer cable or is it a more complex job, best taken to a dealer?
3, How do I tell which SRAM GX derailleur I have, i.e. is it a long cage ?
4, I'm keen to get a higher gearing / dont need the low gearing so much at my age! - is it a sensible option to change the 32t existing to a 34t or 36t or will this cause more wear on other component's ?

Thanks for reading !

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
1. well it depends. I needed slower gears so I have upgraded to 12spd 11-50 Eagle cassette and also to GX AXS derailleur for much better and snappy shifting and I'm very happy with the whole system. While you need higher gearing maybe keeping 11spd system makes more sense especially if you want to save some bucks. For the 11spd chain I have good experiences with Sram PC-X1 chain ...

2. replacing the cable is super easy (if your cable housing is not damaged or super worn-out), just push the cable in the housing and it will come out on the other end ...

3. On 2019 Levo Comp Carbon you have this derailleur: GX 1x11 X-HORIZON Rear Derailleur - RD-GX-1-A1 - SRAM

4. yes it makes total sense, many riders who are not riding super steep terrains or are riding mostly on flat lands are replacing chainring to 34, 36 or even 38t, it helps to move the excessive wear from smaller cogs more evenly up to a larger cogs so the cassette should last a bit longer and top speed can be higher ... and should not cause more wear on other components, but larger chainrings will be more exposed to damage if you hit a log or rock with it as it will hang below lover part of the motor housing, effectively lowering BB ... Also with larger chainrings (I think 36 and 38t) you cannot longer use chain guide so the chain may no longer be so secured on the chainring, still depends which chainring you will use and type of riding, etc. ...

I hope this helps.

Jonnyf

Mar 3, 2019
East Sussex
1. well it depends. I needed slower gears so I have upgraded to 12spd 11-50 Eagle cassette and also to GX AXS derailleur for much better and snappy shifting and I'm very happy with the whole system. While you need higher gearing maybe keeping 11spd system makes more sense especially if you want to save some bucks. For the 11spd chain I have good experiences with Sram PC-X1 chain ...

2. replacing the cable is super easy (if your cable housing is not damaged or super worn-out), just push the cable in the housing and it will come out on the other end ...

3. On 2019 Levo Comp Carbon you have this derailleur: GX 1x11 X-HORIZON Rear Derailleur - RD-GX-1-A1 - SRAM

4. yes it makes total sense, many riders who are not riding super steep terrains or are riding mostly on flat lands are replacing chainring to 34, 36 or even 38t, it helps to move the excessive wear from smaller cogs more evenly up to a larger cogs so the cassette should last a bit longer and top speed can be higher ... and should not cause more wear on other components, but larger chainrings will be more exposed to damage if you hit a log or rock with it as it will hang below lover part of the motor housing, effectively lowering BB ... Also with larger chainrings (I think 36 and 38t) you cannot longer use chain guide so the chain may no longer be so secured on the chainring, still depends which chainring you will use and type of riding, etc. ...

I hope this helps.
Many thanks Salco - really appreciate your thoughts - I hadn't thought about BB height !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles