Whyte e-mtb

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
...It may come down to the deal I can get, what if any discount have buyers been able to get (please don't name dealers) I'm just curious to know if it's the standard 10% or if more is possible.

............oh and then there's the 3 month delivery :(
I doubt anywhere will offer a discount - they are selling by the bucketload at RRP, why would they discount them? Besides, Whyte tend to be conservative on production anyway even so their dealers don't have to do end of season sales to get rid of the previous years stock. If you want a deal I suspect you are going to need to look at a different bike.

Sam E180

Aug 20, 2019
Barnsley
Good luck getting discount off a pre-order for a sold out bike!

My LBS is awesome, I get discount on most things but frankly I’m happy to pay list price for a current year bike knowing that I’ve got full support should anything go wrong. (Or should my bottom bracket routed cables spontaneously explode :LOL::LOL:)

Last edited:

Jezzer

Oct 25, 2018
Hampshire
...It may come down to the deal I can get, what if any discount have buyers been able to get (please don't name dealers) I'm just curious to know if it's the standard 10% or if more is possible.

............oh and then there's the 3 month delivery :(
I doubt anywhere will offer a discount - they are selling by the bucketload at RRP, why would they discount them? Besides, Whyte tend to be conservative on production anyway even so their dealers don't have to do end of season sales to get rid of the previous years stock. If you want a deal I suspect you are going to need to look at a different bike.

My LBS is already sold out of them! And no discount!

Scottie

Sep 6, 2019
Scotland
I agree with raymondo, there are also a lot of last years bikes with similar specs still for sale that are more expensive.
I am way more than happy with my RS. 55km bike ride in the Scottish hills with 950m climbing at the weekend still has 35km range left. :):)

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom

Well I've managed to get 10% discount without too much haggling, that include pedals and tubeless conversion.

BTW every bike I've bought prevously has been with 10% discount (except cube which was 15%) and they have all been current models, that's what led me to believe it's "standard".

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Yay collected mine today, one of the first in the country but sadly the forks went back to SRAM for a rebuild before I even got to ride it!
First proper ride tomorrow. first impressions- cable runs are gash aren’t they?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
First proper ride tomorrow. first impressions- cable runs are gash aren’t they?

Help me out here please, genuine enquiry. :unsure:
What is meant by "cable runs" and is "gash" a good thing or a bad thing? I suspect that once I know the answer I will be able to impress my 12-year old grandson. :)

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
I’d heard that explanation previously, but the rear brake hose is one of the 3 cables/hoses that runs that way. I reckon it would be better running it over the top of the motor.I can see it getting mullered riding over obstacles, but maybe it will be ok. We’ll wait and see.
Rode in to work on tarmac today, the motor cutoff is seamless, amazing. Riding home off-road 2 hr loop, so should have some proper feedback later?

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Right, just to update. Did a mixed open trails/single track ride about 2 hours both up and down this eve. This bike really is as good as Guy Kesteven says. It’s so sure footed and planted at the front and the low CG is really obvious compared to other e bikes. I’m an old school mountain biker, so probably going to be more sceptical about e bikes in general. Down sides? BB is quite low and I did have a few pedal strikes, but tbh I don’t mind as it really does rail everything, love it.

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
I rode a 150RS at a demo day today. I loved it.

I couldn’t really hear the motor, and I had to turn to see if my mate was behind on another 150RS, because I couldn’t hear him.

I only had one pedal strike, but that is because I was still pedalling as it just wanted to eat up the terrain. The brakes were powerful and consistent.
The LBS chap said that although Whyte had hoped to make some sales at the previous demo day, they actually took 25 orders! So, it’ not just me who loved it.
I could spend all year waiting and pondering a purchase, but I can’t see finding something that ticks more boxes for me, so I plan to place an order.

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
I picked up an e-150RS at the weekend, and have been out for 2 rides.

I still love it. Ticks all my boxes.

The under BB cables/hoses have been re-routed on later prepped bikes like mine, just the gear cable hanging now.
e150RS BBcables.jpg

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Ah I might take mine in for a fettle then. Always thought it was a stupid idea to have a brake hose running under there, so easy to rupture it on a rock or something?

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Just got back from my first ride on the E150S I picked up yesterday.
Absolutely drenched and covered in mud but what a blast. My non e-bike bike is an old Giant hardtail, moving to a full suspension for the first time is insane, I was hitting routes I wouldn't usually dare take and the bike just soaked it all up, unfortunately my trainers and socks also soaked up about 5 litres of muddy water :poop:
Happy as a pig in a massive pile of shite, now to clean her down and look at the tubeless conversion.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Change out the WTB tyres when you go tubeless, they're next to useless in winter slop.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Change out the WTB tyres when you go tubeless, they're next to useless in winter slop.

I went tubeless last night after a few too many beers, the rear tyre was flat this morning so I needed some insurance, hence the bike pump tie rapped to the frame :LOL:.
I'll swap the tyres out when they're worn, I don't see the point at the minute given how shit the conditions are.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Yes, the RS is spec'd with better tyres. I had the WTB tyres that come on the S on my Nukeproof and hated them. When I demo'd an S, I still didn't like the tyres and for me they ruined what was probably a great bike.

Jezzer

Oct 25, 2018
Hampshire
Yes, the RS is spec'd with better tyres. I had the WTB tyres that come on the S on my Nukeproof and hated them. When I demo'd an S, I still didn't like the tyres and for me they ruined what was probably a great bike.

It’s got so much more grip than my Levo had!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles