Whyte e-mtb

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I had Vigilantes in TCS Soft on my Mega and they were worse than the Nobby Nic Performance (hard OEM compound) on my Powerfly.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
What pressure were you running in them?
Can't remember now, it was a couple of years ago. My previous bike was running Magic Mary front and rear and in a year of use I never had confidence in the tyres in anything other than bone dry conditions.
Mine are astonishing?
Mine were too, but I suspect it was at the other end of the astonishing scale... :)

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Rode with a chap on a 19 Levo and seemed a lot more powerful than the Whyte. Had to ride it in ‘tour’ to keep up with him in eco mode.

Jezzer

Oct 25, 2018
Hampshire
Rode with a chap on a 19 Levo and seemed a lot more powerful than the Whyte. Had to ride it in ‘tour’ to keep up with him in eco mode.

I would say the Levo is a little more powerful and slightly quicker but, the Whyte is much much more agile and feels much more grippy. I’m more at home on the Whyte.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Bosch and Spesh report assist levels differently but if he was using standard settings then Spesh Eco is similar in output to Bosch Tour.

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
I would say the Levo is a little more powerful and slightly quicker but, the Whyte is much much more agile and feels much more grippy. I’m more at home on the Whyte.
i never thought I’d see agile and e bike in the same sentence, but yes you’re dead right. My E150 is way faster in turns than my Yeti ASR.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
i never thought I’d see agile and e bike in the same sentence, but yes you’re dead right. My E150 is way faster in turns than my Yeti ASR.

My mate has a 2018 Kenevo, ok it's a bit of a tank but he couldn't believe how much more agile my bike was to his.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its the weight distribution on the Whyte, combined with their OTO geometry that makes it ride so well.

IMO weight distribution and placement is the single most important aspect of EMTB design, get it wrong and it feels like you are shifting dead weigh around, get it right and the added weight works for you rather than against.

Jezzer

Oct 25, 2018
Hampshire

I was never in tune with the Levo and whilst on road and paths it was quick the Levo covered distance really well as you would expect. The Whyte though feels so good and just like the T130. I thought that all e bikes were tanks but not this one!

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Strange, I’ve never once had a problem keeping up with more powerful bikes with my e8000 motor. Just work on your fitness ?

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Ha. Just taken mine in to my LBS for the cable routing recall and bash guard mod to cover those mud enticing holes on the bottom of the down tube.
I have an RS to play with for 2 days.
I’ve been dying to find out how the maxxis tyres compare to the WTB on mine.
Oh what a huge difference in rolling speed, the wtb are so draggy. It’s actually hilarious how it affects the ride. I would never say the wtb are rubbish because the grip is just as good, but the effect on the bike is huge.
I rode over the cutoff mostly on flat sections, but with the wtbs I’d always be just under it. Out of interest the ride was a 13 mile mixture of very muddy trails, grass, chalk and rooty single track.
Also interestingly I didn’t like the forks, prefer the Yari on my ‘s’ and didn’t like the 12 speed set up at all as it wasn’t anywhere near as positive as the 11 speed.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
How did you find out about the recall mate?
I know what you mean about the WTB tyres, very loud on the road and I struggle to get past the 17mph cutoff on the flat.

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
How did you find out about the recall mate?
I know what you mean about the WTB tyres, very loud on the road and I struggle to get past the 17mph cutoff on the flat.
Hi my LBS rang me, they had a call themselves from Whyte to contact me and arrange to carry the job out free of charge.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Thanks mate, I've just emailed Whyte to see what the crack is/speed things along :LOL:
Mine already has some sort of bash guard thing which runs down the front of the downtube, wonder if it's already been done :unsure:

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Treated her to a new rear shock, boing boing.

20191130_164802.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles