Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
wiggle do discount for gold and platinum members but if you don’t know about it then you probably won’t have it. If it all goes badly for you though let me know, my friends medium order could be cancelled or sold? Well, if his doesn’t get cancelled as well!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would check out the Commencals, if I was looking right now it would be close between the Sommet and the Meta Power 29'r - different bikes is more ways than one, but I really like the look and spec of them, plus great user feedback on here.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
They're probably sending out the same 3 bikes in the hope that someone will give up hope of a mint one and accept the damage.

Mybrainaches

Jan 27, 2019
Sheffield
Looks similar to the Strive, So will be very interesting to see what the back to back is like.
E547CA23-6977-4EA5-A637-0B7F608FB6E1.jpeg

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
I'm gonna order my E-sommet mid-March or April but I still have doubts about the size, I don't know whether to pick the M or L size. I'm 182cm tall (5 Feet, 11.654 Inches), 83cm inseam and I currently have a Canyon Spectral AL 2014 27.5" size L. With a 40mm stem the geometry is perfect for me.
The Vitus in L size is a few cm bigger than the Canyon in the same size.

Effective top tube:
-Canyon L: 612mm
-vitus M: 613mm
-vitus L: 633mm

Seat tube:
-Canyon L: 480MM
-Vitus M: 433mm
-Vitus L: 483mm

Chainstay:
-canyon L: 430mm
-Vitus 444mm

Reach:
-Canyon L: 440MM
-Vitus M: 455mm
-Vitus L: 472mm

Bottom bracket drop:
-canyon L: -17mm
-Vitus -25mm

Wheelbase:
-Canyon L: 1172.6mm
-Vitus M: 1220mm
-Vitus L: 1241mm

As you can see the geometry of the Vitus in M size is closer to the Canyon in L size. Which size should I choose? :unsure:

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I'm gonna order my E-sommet mid-March or April but I still have doubts about the size, I don't know whether to pick the M or L size. I'm 182cm tall (5 Feet, 11.654 Inches), 83cm inseam and I currently have a Canyon Spectral AL 2014 27.5" size L. With a 40mm stem the geometry is perfect for me.

Effective top tube:

Seat tube:

Chainstay:
-Vitus 444mm

Reach:

Bottom bracket drop:
-Vitus -25mm

Wheelbase:

As you can see the geometry of the Vitus in M size is closer to the Canyon in L size. Which size should I choose? :unsure:
I’m 6ft bang on and the medium is spot on size wise. It’s a big bike man and I have plenty of range up or down to choose from. Your biggest issue will be ordering the bike mid March or April. I’m not sure you’ll be able to get one at this rate by then!

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK

Effective top tube:

Seat tube:

Chainstay:
-Vitus 444mm

Reach:

Bottom bracket drop:
-Vitus -25mm

Wheelbase:

IME with the bike the real restriction is the seat post height as its really tall and inside leg is the limiting factor,. 32+ should be ok for a Large... then it's just preference. I'm 6 foot and ~32 inseam and i'm not stretched out on a large but you could be. Perhaps you live near someone on here who can let you try the fit?

I'd say if you inside leg is <32 for a large then it's borderline you having to change the seatpost to something smaller to get it to fit.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
As you can see both me and Polaris are the same height and both happy with a Med/Large... so top end of Med or bottom end of large.. your choice :)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Depends on what you want out of the bike - I am 6ft and ride a Large, its about the stablest bike I have ever ridden, a combo of the weight and geometry, but its not as checkable as a smaller bike on tight and twisty stuff.

By most standards the M is as slack and long as many other brands bigger bikes, the main difference over an L that would be immediately noticeable from just sitting on the bikes would be the standover height is lower.

The M will fit you fine, as will the L, the M will probably be more chuckable than the L.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
What do you think in comparison to the Specialized rob?
Only had a quick ride today. But compared to Levo, real early comparisons
- Shimano not as refined. More off / on feeling (the nature of the motor on all shimano bikes). Noisier.

- Obvious less refined in the battery integration
- Totally sorted out of the box. It wants for nothing
- Unbeatable value. Levo literally thousands of ££ more
- Levo wont be able to handle the chunk as well as this, being slacker and more travel
- More enduro and dh geometry, so some trade offs / benefits depending on what you ride
- On the counter, Levo feels a bit nippier in the bends
- Direct to consumer, so little to no dealer support should you need it
- Doesn't look as well finished as Levo, some gaps, cable routing etc thats just not as neat
+loads more differences but that's a quick list!

But this is a seriously good bike. Like, ridiculously good for what you're paying. And the '19 looks brilliant.

Last edited:

Mybrainaches

Jan 27, 2019
Sheffield
Only had a quick ride today. But compared to Levo, real early comparisons
- Shimano not as refined. More off / on feeling (the nature of the motor on all shimano bikes). Noisier.

- Obvious less refined in the battery integration
- Totally sorted out of the box. It wants for nothing
- Unbeatable value. Levo literally thousands of ££ more
- Levo wont be able to handle the chunk as well as this, being slacker and more travel
- More enduro and dh geometry, so some trade offs / benefits depending on what you ride
- On the counter, Levo feels a bit nippier in the bends
- Direct to consumer, so little to no dealer support should you need it
- Doesn't look as well finished as Levo, some gaps, cable routing etc thats just not as neat

But this is a seriously good bike. Like, ridiculously good for what you're paying. And the '19 looks brilliant.
Nice one Rob, very excited about trying it out!

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
LOL I'd not exactly class any 22kg bike "chuckable" - It's one thing I've found much harder and it's shown up some deficiencies in my jumping and I'm casing stuff I clear easily on my Hightower LT.

Ebikes are familiar but different to ride, tech climbing is the biggest difference but also DH is harder on flow/jumps on an Ebike.. for me anyway, were all not Sam Pilgrim and it takes better technique to jump an Ebike than something half the weight... then again the weight helps you hold your line and get pinged around less through rough stuff obviously. Overall it's not made my normal bike obsolete but just added to the variety of my riding.. great stuff and great bike.. still can't believe it cost me a bit less than half the price of my clockwork...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles