Trek Rail with Fox DHX2 coil

Stanpipe

Jun 12, 2020
Isle of Wight - UK
All depends on what your looking for. If it was my choice, out of those 3, I’d get the Super Deluxe and put a meg neg on it from the outset (but you could always do that later too).
I’ve got the ReAktiv Deluxe RT3 Debonair with Thrushaft. Came on the Rail 9 as standard. Not impressed if I’m honest. Just about to change to Ohlins TTX22 coil. Will have to get correct mount hardware as coming from a Thrushaft shock but apparently they play really nice with this bike!!! ?

Stanpipe

Jun 12, 2020
Isle of Wight - UK
Can confirm Ohlins ttx 22 fits on a large frame with correct mount hardware. Thx TF Tuned! ??

08805A5E-68CC-4CC0-ABEC-DA4CA341503B.jpeg

zaykay

Dec 3, 2019
Finland
All depends on what your looking for. If it was my choice, out of those 3, I’d get the Super Deluxe and put a meg neg on it from the outset (but you could always do that later too).
I’ve got the ReAktiv Deluxe RT3 Debonair with Thrushaft. Came on the Rail 9 as standard. Not impressed if I’m honest. Just about to change to Ohlins TTX22 coil. Will have to get correct mount hardware as coming from a Thrushaft shock but apparently they play really nice with this bike!!! ?
Out from those three I would do the same. Super Deluxe with megneg. Or then coil.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It's not the eye to eye or stroke measurements that are the problem, it's the reservoir hitting the downtube.

zaykay

Dec 3, 2019
Finland
That new DHX2 might also have enough clearance to use 65mm stroke length. I do think older has enough clearance only for 60mm which I have.

Hotwhls67

Jun 25, 2020
USA
Got finally the mounting hw for my coil shock. Two alternatives to install DHX2, either use 10 x 40 and 10 x 54 Fox mounting kits or press 12,7mm du bushings and use the stock shocks mounting hw. Both will work. View attachment 24335

Did you need 12.7 mm mounting hardware for the top and bottom of the shock? What size bolt does the stock trek rail use? (m6 m8 m10)

Conti2020

Jul 22, 2020
Brasil
I have just tried to fit the dpx2 with the original bushings of the rockshox deluxe and the black bushings were almost 2 mm out of the central pin, which prevented the shock from entering. If I remove the spacer that is in the frame I think it is the right size, but can I leave without the spacers that are in the frame?

Conti2020

Jul 22, 2020
Brasil
I have tried a dpx2 with 60mm and have a good space. My frame is a XL. Anyone have tried 65mm ? I am looking for a x2 and ai found one but with 65mm

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles