Show us your Whyte bits

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
The e wilds were going to be the next ones I try partly because of price and partly having a front and rear specific tyre.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
I love the snow. The jockey wheels.. They love it less

IMG_20210115_101822.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Looks good ..other than those plastic bits covering the tyres ..?
Have fun today ..??
Did you change the tyres or is that what Whyte are fitting now?..Interested in what you think of them ..

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I want to protect this area between the tyre and frame a bit more. What have you guys used?

View attachment 50434
I’ve never had an issue with that part of the frame, never had the chain come off......Personally I wouldn’t bother but you could use some 2mm thick self adhesive rubber that you can find on eBay....I used some on my Santa Cruz with good effect.
Tell you what though cover the crank arms in helli tape if our concerned about parts of the bike getting marked coz mine have took a beating from rocks and stones that have been thrown up from riding rough trails faster than I’ve ever done !!!!
??

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
I’ve never had an issue with that part of the frame, never had the chain come off......Personally I wouldn’t bother but you could use some 2mm thick self adhesive rubber that you can find on eBay....I used some on my Santa Cruz with good effect.
Tell you what though cover the crank arms in helli tape if our concerned about parts of the bike getting marked coz mine have took a beating from rocks and stones that have been thrown up from riding rough trails faster than I’ve ever done !!!!
??
I did put some 25mm drips of black Gorilla tape on the inside of the bottom chainstays and as have recent posts people have fitted a front mudguard to the rear of the bike to protect the upper and lower suspension pivot points ?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
??

Good plan, I’ve got some Easigrip in the garage, so could stick some of that on, but thought some folk had put a plastic guard on there. I’ve got some tape coming for the crank arms tomorrow, and will also fit the SRAM caps on the end, that arrived today.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
Good plan, I’ve got some Easigrip in the garage, so could stick some of that on, but thought some folk had put a plastic guard on there. I’ve got some tape coming for the crank arms tomorrow, and will also fit the SRAM caps on the end, that arrived today.
Done the same with crank arm boots ?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I used a mucky nutz front fender and cut it so as to drop below the bottom pivot point and fixed it to the top chainstay brace. I won’t take this off.
I will take the pig ugly mudhugger off if the weather gets better

Have you got a picture of it?

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
I want to protect this area between the tyre and frame a bit more. What have you guys used?

View attachment 50434
Not ideal but it’s all I had hanging around and its only for the winter anyway. Back part is Mudhigger and the other small bit is rear part of a front defender just slotted in the gap nicely and cable tied at top. Looks shite but then so do mudguards But does the job.

68175155-EE47-4CF0-8C83-E399AEB18BEA.jpeg

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’ve fitted this for now, but would like to get something designed for the job, if such a thing exists?

3DC78C81-6F87-4D50-9384-61223BC0DC76.jpeg

44CE91AE-D786-49A6-B4FF-4822794421C1.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles