Reign E+ 2022

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
The specs say it has a "Charger RC" damper. But the Charger RC has only HSC. Was wondering if it was the Charger 2.1 RC2 as that looks like the only damper with HSC + LSC for the ZEB. Looks like I've scored. Happy days

Lucky you! Is the sticker saying Ultimate or Select ?!

Line

Apr 2, 2022
Finland
Does anyone know the length of the spokes on the rear tire? The thickness is 2/1.5/2 I broke the shorter spoke and I'm not sure how to measure it.

Dannage

May 28, 2022
UK
Lucky you! Is the sticker saying Ultimate or Select ?!

Well they said Select. But these turned up today to make it right :ROFLMAO:

1657055738541.png

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Well they said Select. But these turned up today to make it right :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 91776

Nice! What a free upgrade you got there, killer E+2 for the price.

Dropper failed on mine, bike now at bike shop to replace under warranty...lasted +-3 months of riding.

Exploded some other spokes on my rear wheel, decided to pull the trigger on a set of Nobl TR41 and a new GX 10-50T cassette, should fix the issue. I will lose +-1.3lbs by switching the wheels & cassette, AM wheelset is heavy as hell.

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
Got a weekend adding some more upgrades to mine. Adding a luftkappe to the Zeb airspring and the new 2023 charger 3 damper. Plus upgraded skf seals.

Have a 2023 rockshox super ultimate deluxe coil coming next week with the new hydraulic adjuster.

Already upgraded nukeproof riser bars, birgtec steam and pedals, DT Swiss fr560 rims on hope hubs. GX axs and cassette. Axs dropper, seb ultimates and trickstuff Maxima brakes with galfer sharkfin 223 rotors.front and back.

Baru

Jul 9, 2022
Italia
salve io ho un regno-e 3 ho comprato un Fox 38 per sostituire l'originale ma ci vuole un adattatore mi sapete dire quale?

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
I got my rear shock back from Fox mid last week, fixed under warranty by Fox. The work was initiated by a local suspension tuner who was not obsessed with trying to sell me an Ohlins shock like the first guy I approached. Hopefully it last a bit longer this time.

Fitted it and blew the cobwebs off the Giant yesterday. Zero squelching, damping restored and now feels just as good as I remember it.

I was also running the new 800wh battery that has been sitting waiting for the shock to get fixed. Just for fun I ran my local loop in mode 4 pushing hard just to see if I could use it all up. I ended up extending the loop a bit and returning with 15% remaining. I normally do that loop in modes 2/3 and return with around 10% of the 625 battery. Looking forward to some big 2 battery days now. The 800 opens up lots of local routes that we previously just beyond a single 625wh. The Giant might finally start getting the edge over the Trek.

One other thing that I noticed yesterday was that the assist cut-off has been fixed. The Giant is not fully cutting off its assistant (motor silent) at somewhere between 25.5kph and 26kph shown on the Garmin edge. This is pretty much the same as my Trek Rail. Previously the Giant was cutting assistance at 23.5kph which was super annoying when riding with other e-bikers on flatter transitions. I installed the latest OTA update just before I removed the rear shock a few weeks ago. Didnt ride the bike since then. I also noticed that the cut-off point has significantly softened. It used to be abrupt and felt almost like you had a bungee cord attached, surging in and out of the assistance. Its almost like they added a taper from the 23.5kph to 25.5kph so you still get assistance but its tapering rather than just shutting off. In any case it feels like a huge improvement and far more refined.

Really happy with the bike at this point.

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
I got my rear shock back from Fox mid last week, fixed under warranty by Fox. The work was initiated by a local suspension tuner who was not obsessed with trying to sell me an Ohlins shock like the first guy I approached. Hopefully it last a bit longer this time.

Fitted it and blew the cobwebs off the Giant yesterday. Zero squelching, damping restored and now feels just as good as I remember it.

I was also running the new 800wh battery that has been sitting waiting for the shock to get fixed. Just for fun I ran my local loop in mode 4 pushing hard just to see if I could use it all up. I ended up extending the loop a bit and returning with 15% remaining. I normally do that loop in modes 2/3 and return with around 10% of the 625 battery. Looking forward to some big 2 battery days now. The 800 opens up lots of local routes that we previously just beyond a single 625wh. The Giant might finally start getting the edge over the Trek.

One other thing that I noticed yesterday was that the assist cut-off has been fixed. The Giant is not fully cutting off its assistant (motor silent) at somewhere between 25.5kph and 26kph shown on the Garmin edge. This is pretty much the same as my Trek Rail. Previously the Giant was cutting assistance at 23.5kph which was super annoying when riding with other e-bikers on flatter transitions. I installed the latest OTA update just before I removed the rear shock a few weeks ago. Didnt ride the bike since then. I also noticed that the cut-off point has significantly softened. It used to be abrupt and felt almost like you had a bungee cord attached, surging in and out of the assistance. Its almost like they added a taper from the 23.5kph to 25.5kph so you still get assistance but its tapering rather than just shutting off. In any case it feels like a huge improvement and far more refined.

Really happy with the bike at this point.
Which country are you in? Can't get the 800wh battery yet in UK 🙁

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
Ah, ok. Been in UK it needs to be on a ship as it's a battery. So takes ages 🙁
I would drop them an email (unless you already did, if so ignore me ;-) ). Road/sea freight from Germany to UK is not such a big deal. Not sure which courier they use or even if they ship to UK. If you drop them an email via their .com site they will correspond in English.

I have a huge lithium leisure battery on order from the UK which UPS say will get to me in about a week once it finally docks in the UK.

However if you are not desperate safest way is to order domestic.

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
I’ve been enjoying the Reign for 6 months or so now but still felt like it was a bit meh…

after fitting a planet3 derestrict device and a 40mm stem the bike makes much more sense. It’s got to be said 25km/h limit ruins it on a big heavy hog of a bike like this, now when you need a couple extra pedals to hit a jump you can get them without losing the flow and having the anchor drag! It’s just like real mountain biking. If you were thinking about it you won’t regret it…

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
I’ve been enjoying the Reign for 6 months or so now but still felt like it was a bit meh…

after fitting a planet3 derestrict device and a 40mm stem the bike makes much more sense. It’s got to be said 25km/h limit ruins it on a big heavy hog of a bike like this, now when you need a couple extra pedals to hit a jump you can get them without losing the flow and having the anchor drag! It’s just like real mountain biking. If you were thinking about it you won’t regret it…
What de-restrict device did you use?

Works good?

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
What de-restrict device did you use?

Works good?

Planet3.bike It works great and was not too hard to fit. I can’t talk to reliability as I’ve only just got it. Apparently there is a digital hack that can also be applied, but I think the bike shop updates the software and might wipe it at service or it could interfere with warranty. The little gizmo can just be removed.

eifelat

Jul 26, 2021
Gerolstein
Planet3.bike Es funktioniert großartig und war nicht zu schwer zu montieren. Zur Zuverlässigkeit kann ich nichts sagen, da ich sie gerade erst habe. Anscheinend gibt es einen digitalen Hack, der auch angewendet werden kann, aber ich denke, der Fahrradladen aktualisiert die Software und löscht sie möglicherweise beim Service oder es könnte die Garantie beeinträchtigen. Das kleine Gizmo kann einfach entfernt werden.
[/ZITIEREN]
meins war nach zwei mal fahren kaputt . billiger Plastik schrott aus dem Drucker . und kein Geld zurückbekommen

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
Same for me on an E+1, however they are rebuilding mine under warranty. Did they give you new shock or was that just a typo?
Any of you guys get feedback on what the actual issue was?

I just got mine returned working with no word on what was actually done. Was hoping to find out that it was an actual defect.

Shock does feel great when its working.

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock

I just got mine returned working with no word on what was actually done. Was hoping to find out that it was an actual defect.

Fox X2 are known for it. Work great for a short time then Die. Seems the newer ones are even worse.

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia

Mine had full rebuild, feels amazing now,
Seems like they have had a faulty bunch come through,
My 2020 reign had the x2 and was faultless

9B7866BB-2E52-4CC3-B057-054549534E55.jpeg

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
Fox X2 are known for it. Work great for a short time then Die. Seems the newer ones are even worse.

I gotta say they lack the adjustment of fox but RS suspension has a great base tune and is very reliable and easy to service. Monarch and lyrik service is pretty easy once you buy a couple of parts. I’m out of my depth with the fox stuff

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
The X2 does seam to require quite a lot of service work.
I know a few people who run them and have had to get them rebuilt regularly, one guy changed to a coil.
They do like them when working properly though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles