LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
Great video. What was the device you have at the beginning for riding solo where there's no mobile reception?

That’s a Garmin 66i. It is your bog-standard GPS, with additional “InReach” functionality. Basically what that means is that it can connect to the Iridium satellite-based mobile network which is accessible wherever you are in the world. The 66i communicates using simple SMS messaging which allows it to send SOS messages as well as tracking info. If you well and truly screw up, there’s an SOS button on the side. When you press it, it sends a text alert with your GPS position to InReach who liaise with local emergency services wherever you are to get you rescued. You need a subscription for this which is a bit like a usual mobile phone subscription.

There’s an additional optional insurance plan such that wherever you are in the world except for places like Iraq, someone will come and get you and take you home. Like your Dad :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Lovely ride to the cleared village of Boreraig on the Isle of Skye this morning. Levo SL was fantastic as usual.
Thanks for sharing that.

Some nice committed riding there and a nice lift over the fence !

Are you sure those places were abandoned ? The owners could just have been hiding because they were embarrassed with their housekeeping and maintenance skills. There was much evidence they were part of the Endless Sunshine in Skye Sect.

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
Thanks for sharing that.

Some nice committed riding there and a nice lift over the fence !

Are you sure those places were abandoned ? The owners could just have been hiding because they were embarrassed with their housekeeping and maintenance skills. There was much evidence they were part of the Endless Sunshine in Skye Sect.
I will definitely go back and check for devil worshiping evidence!

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
Totally useless and failed attempt at trying a new loop on the Isle of Skye, from Luib to Torrin and back via two glens. It all looked so easy on paper.

Levo SL aluminium.

AlwynM

Jun 5, 2020
Liverpool, UK
Absolutely loving all this footage, which is is even more exciting for me because my GoPro Hero 7 is in the post and on it's way. :p Can't wait to test it out.

Mike D.

Sep 19, 2020
Alpujarras
Very first effort at recording something just using my mobile fixed to the chest straps of my Camelbak Chaos. No titles, professional edits or groovy music. Just me rabbiting on about what I'm doing.

Recorded for some pals on FB just to show them what I'm up to...

Last edited:

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
Hi all! Here’s a different video. Here you’ll see kind of my chronicles when breaking my Brose motor and waiting for replacement. Finally it was only 8 days which in my opinion it’s very short time!!
I’ll add subtitles soon but you can hear how the motor sounds when it’s broken and also the new one which I think is more silent

Last edited by a moderator:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Bloody hell mate ..I lasted less than a minute ..is this a video for manic depressive's.. ( I'm looking for something to cheer me up !)
If I do re-visit it will be with the sound off ..?

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
I recorded this footage a few days ago using the max lens mod on my Hero 9. You get wider view and better stabilisation. I didn’t use “horizon levelling” which is another feature. Gopro still have to improve stabilisation in dark conditions, you can notice it when the footage is inside a dark forest.
I’m not happy with the blur effect of the ground...I’ll try changing camera’s bitrate and sharpness.
Anyway, in my opinion the result is good!

Max Lens Mod Test

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles