LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Looks like you could tighten the axles while moving with those 2 meter long arms ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Whoa there Zimmer ..try to keep up !
Its officially day 9..
If you think I'm staying in this room for two more days than I actually need to then you are sadly mistaken ..?
I wasn't really having a pop at the O.P..just an observation ...there really is no perception of height..( on drop offs )..how many versions of GoPro are there now ..and they still can't get this right ?!!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I wasn't really having a pop at the O.P..just an observation ...there really is no perception of height..( on drop offs )..how many versions of GoPro are there now ..and they still can't get this right ?!!
I think if you watch the max against the no max - back to back - there's quite a substantial difference. Agreed though, it still flattens things off. But then how often do you take a photo of something steep or large and it just isn't captured in 2 dimensions properly.

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
Whoa there Zimmer ..try to keep up !
Its officially day 9..
If you think I'm staying in this room for two more days than I actually need to then you are sadly mistaken ..

I agree with you when appreciating height in Gopro videos. Most of the times they look flat. There should be other possibilities to improve the footage like installing the camera in a different position, using different lens... no idea. But first, the most important is riding through less flat trails In my video you can appreciate the slower I ride, the steeper it is.
Anyway, I think better stabilisation and wider view are easily appreciable in my video.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
I have the max mod lens and the only benefit I see is the horizon lock, this gives an enhanced effect whilst banking into corners as it shows how far you are leaning in.

Downfall is the upper limit is 2.7k, the chest mount is also best, it you use a chin mount best stick to the normal lens and film in 4K.

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
I have the max mod lens and the only benefit I see is the horizon lock, this gives an enhanced effect whilst banking into corners as it shows how far you are leaning in.

Downfall is the upper limit is 2.7k, the chest mount is also best, it you use a chin mount best stick to the normal lens and film in 4K.

Can you share any video with us? I’m interested in watching the horizon levelling effect on mountain bike footage. Thanks!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Fantastic looking trail..
You threw me a bit near the end when you stopped and said that you had made it..I was wondering if you had arranged a helicopter pick up service !
?..still quite a bit more to do ..
It must be quite a climb to get up there ..is that also technical or on fire roads?

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
Fantastic looking trail..
You threw me a bit near the end when you stopped and said that you had made it..I was wondering if you had arranged a helicopter pick up service !
?..still quite a bit more to do ..
It must be quite a climb to get up there ..is that also technical or on fire roads?

Fortunately the park has a choice of climbs to the top from semi tech switch backs to fire roads. So it all depends on how much energy or time you want to use up to get to the top.
Stopped as I had just made it down probably the narliest piece of the track & needed to regather myself.?

Last edited:

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Great ride guys , that looks effing cold !
Hows are YOU getting on with the mondraker as a mates waiting on one ? The GoPro comes alive in the sunshine ?

Yeah thats me on the Mondy, should have mentioned it's not my footage...

I'm absolutely loving the bike and the way it rides but hasn't been without issues since I got it in September.

It came with the wrong Q factor cranks (all the early ones did, get your mate to check his), and this has caused a tiny bit of damage to chainstay. Got a replacement set sent out and Mondraker are sending me a new rear traingle, but there's a 6 month delay.
I've had a kiox display fail, aswell and the handlebar controls.
The lock holding the battery in freezes up when it's cold, I've broken one key and had to drive home last week to warm my bike up to get it working.
I also don't really like how they've designed the gear cable routing to go behind the chainring, it rubbed from new and it's also secured with a little cable tie and that cable tie was pressed up against the linkage, and has taken a little chunk out of it. Replacing this cable tie is a nightmare of a job...

But apart from all that it's alot of fun!

And yeah I had a little washout early on in that vid, thought I'd test out the front grip once we got off the rocks onto grass,and there wasn't much ?

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
The Top half is the Cairns UCI World Cup DH Track. Track inspection before the Enduro race event.

The camera is the DJI Osmo Action - doesn't have as much of a wide angle lens as the GoPro's. This is chest mounted, but chin mounted is a better angle in my opinion.

Andy

Enjoyed that ? looks so much fun, good luck for the race!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles