LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Thanks
Its often a bit of pushing involved to get to the top, but usually worth it.
Around Leknes “town” there are quite a few very nice more hill like mountains that you can reach by bike
And you can find those trails in Trailforks. Was last summer there

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Did that exact run twice last weekend. It was fun being drier. Wicked in the wet!

I saw two people with a drone whilst I was there, maybe saw you without realising it... ?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Some of the trails and tracks at Rivington and Winter Hill.

First attempt with a GoPro and need to adjust the camera angle on the chest mount or switch to a helmet mount.

Impressed with picture quality.

5 clips: -

1. First run and came across three deer. Managed to grab camera and got a shot of one leaving the area ( centre top)

2. Short steep and narrow pitch near the Japanese Gardens.

3. Descent off the top of Winter Hill down into Belmont. Rough, rutted and technical.

4. The pitch from the track up to Winter Hill back down to Wilderswood. Mudhugger moved due to the rough bouncing around and that's what you hear as I get to the bottom gate.

5. Pitch down to top car park of the Belmont Road from the Pidgeon Tower. Caught a pedal as I cut across from left to right part way down. Loads of walkers and dogs didn't help.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Some of the trails and tracks at Rivington and Winter Hill.

First attempt with a GoPro and need to adjust the camera angle on the chest mount or switch to a helmet mount.

Impressed with picture quality.
That bit around 9:30 looked a bit entertaining !

I think you need to point the camera down a bit more .. I couldn't quite tell what your feet were doing ? ;)

I'd stick with your chest and just angle up a bit. Helmet mounts with the newer cameras seem to smooth and flatten too much and unless you're doing 50mph look really flat, slow and uninteresting.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
That bit around 9:30 looked a bit entertaining !

I think you need to point the camera down a bit more .. I couldn't quite tell what your feet were doing ? ;)

I'd stick with your chest and just angle up a bit. Helmet mounts with the newer cameras seem to smooth and flatten too much and unless you're doing 50mph look really flat, slow and uninteresting.
The problem with the chest mount ( which I use a lot) is that you have to adjust the angle depending on whether you are on the saddle or standing on the pedals. If you set the camera so that as far back as it will angle is right for when you are stood on the pedals it takes the guesswork out of adjusting it quickly. You have to have the fixing bolt just tight enough to keep the camera in position but loose enough to be a ble to rotate the camera forward when you are seated.

Alternatively try a chin mount like the Telesin......................

(18) Telesin - YouTube

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Thanks @Mikerb , I'll look into that. I have a Bell Super R with detachable chin strap.

I've done another short video today with the camera angled differently. Better view perspective I think - just got to stop my Camelbak strap flapping across the lens occasionally.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Thanks @Mikerb , I'll look into that. I have a Bell Super R with detachable chin strap.

I've done another short video today with the camera angled differently. Better view perspective I think - just got to stop my Camelbak strap flapping across the lens occasionally.

yep...better angle. What gopro are you using? The image is very "cold" and the trail is blown out ( overexposed) so you need some changes.

At the beginning of this video I say what settings I am using. The video is rendered at 1080@50 fps ( You Tube version is not as good as on my PC or TV!)
(19) 4th nov - YouTube

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Hi Mike, GoPro Hero 8. Settings are: -

1080p 60Hz Standard, Linear. I think the auto exposure is doing OK considering what it was battling against - dark trees, emerging into light, etc.

I do think the YouTube processing isn't helping though. The raw out put on my PC looks great but YT looks processed.

Go Pro Capture
GisburnGoPro1080.JPG

YT Capture
GisburnYouTube1080.JPG

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Had my good lady with me so couldn't get too radical! ;-)
Got the camera sussed. There must have been literally 10 * more people in that clip than I've seen in the whole of the last 6 months !

So, I think we can all agree, the "good lady" was kicking your arse ... what's it like when you ride with the bad one ?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Got the camera sussed. There must have been literally 10 * more people in that clip than I've seen in the whole of the last 6 months !

So, I think we can all agree, the "good lady" was kicking your arse ... what's it like when you ride with the bad one ?

I'm not usually on the bike with the bad one! :p

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles