2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I can imagine they use extra "weight-tuned" batteries which reduced number of cells for saving huge amount of weight. This would have a massive influence on a 60 minute technical sprint.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I can imagine they use extra "weight-tuned" batteries which reduced number of cells for saving huge amount of weight. This would have a massive influence on a 60 minute technical sprint.

Wouldn’t it be a nice feature if this could be done with production batteries? (We’ve discussed this in other threads too)

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
If you go to the US website then it's mostly the same exact bike given a few new parts such as the Lyrik Select fork, BUT it does now have the 700w battery vs. 500, so that will add some weight. My guess that it's just a bit more.

Moots YBB

Dec 18, 2018
Brussels
I don't agree.

I have a 2018 Kenevo and it is better everywhere compared to my friends 2019 Levo with the 700 watt battery, including range since I carry an extra 500 watt battery in my backpack. I always tease him that he is stuck with only 700 watts while I'm rocking 1000 watts. Even with the extra battery, I paid less. The 2019 Levo batteries are so huge, you can't fit a spare in a backpack. I also have the 20 amp software upgrade so my bike feels just as powerful as his, only mines quieter. And I smoke him on the jeep roads since my bike has the speed limit removed. Ha ha, winning!
It's OLD, the new one arrives in a couple of weeks, and u want to recommend buying a two year old bike ?? Are u working for a bike store ? This isn't honest, oh a
I carry my 700wh battery in my backpack, no problem at all, I just remove the mudguard and swap it, todays Lenovo was designed in 2017, it's outdated, no internal battery

Moots YBB

Dec 18, 2018
Brussels
In case u still don't understand, I'm comparing the 2018 Kenovo to the 2020 that hasn't been released yet, people keep recommending their Kenovo over the redesigned Levo, it's outrageous and u are basically convincing people.to.waste a huge pile of money

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's OLD, the new one arrives in a couple of weeks, and u want to recommend buying a two year old bike ?? Are u working for a bike store ?
people keep recommending their Kenovo over the redesigned Levo, it's outrageous and u are basically convincing people.to.waste a huge pile of money

I'm probably crazy, but isn't that backwards ? You're saying that buying a 2 year old bike is OLD and you should buy the NEW one .. Yet isn't that what the bike company/bike shop want you to think and do ? So aren't YOU actually promoting the position of the bike shop ? and convincing people to waste a huge pile of money ?

Oh my god, my bike's 400 day's old, it's old and crap .. the whole world has changed so much in that time.. I MUST buy the new one for €8000 .. and not the old one for €4000 ... because I don't want to waste a huge pile of money for basically the same motor/battery/technology and then I'll change all the same parts anyway for the ones I like .... And hell, in the hands of a pro, the new one will probably be 0.1 second faster on a downhill section 99.9% of buyers will never ride in their life. Better get the new one or I'll feel like I've missed out so much in life and made a huge mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the new one will be lovely and be an absolute monster .. But you only have to go back 6 months and people were willing to sell their children to get hold of an "OLD" Kenevo ..

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I'm probably crazy, but isn't that backwards ? You're saying that buying a 2 year old bike is OLD and you should buy the NEW one .. Yet isn't that what the bike company/bike shop want you to think and do ? So aren't YOU actually promoting the position of the bike shop ? and convincing people to waste a huge pile of money ?

Oh my god, my bike's 400 day's old, it's old and crap .. the whole world has changed so much in that time.. I MUST buy the new one for €8000 .. and not the old one for €4000 ... because I don't want to waste a huge pile of money for basically the same motor/battery/technology and then I'll change all the same parts anyway for the ones I like .... And hell, in the hands of a pro, the new one will probably be 0.1 second faster on a downhill section 99.9% of buyers will never ride in their life. Better get the new one or I'll feel like I've missed out so much in life and made a huge mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the new one will be lovely and be an absolute monster .. But you only have to go back 6 months and people were willing to sell their children to get hold of an "OLD" Kenevo ..

You are totally correct and I agree with you 100%............BUT I still want the new one ??

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
He obviously hasn’t ridden a Kenevo. No one that has would make those comments.
To be even remotely better it would at least have to have a flux capacitor. That way you could go back in time and buy a brand new Kenevo!

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
I am hoping that lots of people fall for this new kenevo and sell the ‘ rubbish Old ‘ ones , as I would like one as a back up for my 19 Carbon Levo , so I can just chuck the unchained ’ old kenevo ‘ down BPW and various other tracks and keep my Levo for trails
Please keep putting them down and drive the prices down please ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I am hoping that lots of people fall for this new kenevo and sell the ‘ rubbish Old ‘ ones , as I would like one as a back up for my 19 Carbon Levo , so I can just chuck the unchained ’ old kenevo ‘ down BPW and various other tracks and keep my Levo for trails

Mine's crap. It's awful. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it. I just went out for a quick potter to play with assistance and suspension settings. 5 accidental KOM's when not even trying for KOM's. That's on climbs and descents. Who'd want a bike like that ? You spend less time enjoying going downhill because you get to the bottom faster and you get back to the top sooner to do more downhill runs, which you're not going to enjoy because you're going so fast, you don't get enough time to enjoy the scenery so the whole thing is pointless . Stupid crappy bike. Maybe they should have messed around with it between the 2018/2019 model years and cocked something up instead of leaving it alone because nothing was wrong with it. It even ate up some road sections and fire road sections with ease.. composed and capable - who needs it ! Not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles