2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobesa

Aug 14, 2019
Italy north-west
My Specialized Dealer told me that new Turbo Levo 2020 will be officially presented to them on 08 September 2019.
New 2020 Kenevo do you think will be presented the same date ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just ordered my 2020 Kenevo today...….. why??? because I think I am worth it :)

And you are ! I had a beer for you in celebration ! :)

How? Do you even know what you ordered?...

Something which will most probably be really really really good . No matter what. OK, I'm sure someone will find fault in it .. but someone will find fault in everything .. In the meantime he can be excited that he's ordered it and at the same time not give a crap about anything else - because he's ordered it.

Lets face it, three years of development, the last one is still phenomenal, it's unlikely they're going to churn out a turd ! :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
anyone with a picture of the new kenevo? From reading the forum the new kenevo has 27.5 rims and new 2.1 motor.

It basically looks like a 2017 levo with more suspension .. in the fog .. from a distance .. at night .. with shades on .. after too many beers .. whilst you're strapped to a shall children's roundabout being rotated by a motorcycle engine.

It will probably look a bit like that the first time one goes past too ..

In the meantime .. I'm really enjoying my 2019 which you made me buy :)

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I had confirmation from my Italian dealer that it will be similar to the new sj evo, with 27.5 wheels, and most likely there will also be a carbon version
Like this

A89075DB-6CC8-4719-B277-B3C971614C0B.jpeg

Topov

And you are ! I had a beer for you in celebration ! :)

Something which will most probably be really really really good . No matter what. OK, I'm sure someone will find fault in it .. but someone will find fault in everything .. In the meantime he can be excited that he's ordered it and at the same time not give a crap about anything else - because he's ordered it.

Lets face it, three years of development, the last one is still phenomenal, it's unlikely they're going to churn out a turd ! :)
I already have a Kenevo Expert and love the way it rides, I just wanted something extra :)

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
Has anyone seen or heard what the 2020 Levo Comp will weigh?
This is not exactly what you want to know but my 2020 Expert XL with tubeless installed and no pedals is 21.4 kg with 700 watt battery. The only time you notice the weight is when you are not riding it.
The Comp has the big battery too for this year, I think it adds about 0.5 kg to the 500 watt weight.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Won’t the lower bottom bracket of the evo spec be a pedal strike machine? Reading reviews on the evo sj it’s border line too low for normal trail riding.
it depends what position you have the chip in, in the lowest setting it is very low

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
I spoke with my dealer he gave me an indication that it is a totally new bike and what to expect. I trust him so I gave him a deposit for the top of the range Kenevo.

Spoke to my lbs (germany) last friday and they haven't seen it yet, but got told, that the 2020 kenevo frame-design will be a completely new, not based on the enduro or stumpy, they made that one especially for the kenevo. There will also be a version with double crown forks!

For a split second i've been close to selling my kenevo and go for the new one, but the money-loss is too big for me since i love my kenevo and I will still love it when the new one is out.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
This is not exactly what you want to know but my 2020 Expert XL with tubeless installed and no pedals is 21.4 kg with 700 watt battery. The only time you notice the weight is when you are not riding it.
The Comp has the big battery too for this year, I think it adds about 0.5 kg to the 500 watt weight.
Thanks, I'm guessing it's going to be close. I wish they would just publish the weight, it's no secret that these things are heavy as hell!

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
so the new Kenevo will look similar to levo\Evo\stumpjumper but longer - it will interesting when I see it. I hope soon. I am holding on the purchase and just riding my regular bike.
If I was in your position I would be taking to a dealer now to find out current stock levels in your size, standard discount in Europe is 15% and run out up to 30%. AUD is not worth shit so a hefty price rise is on the cards so you have an each way bet.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
I have one of the new stumpy evo's, the rear suspension design will be horrible for a plush bomber ebike IMO. The Evo is more a scalpel, extremely fast bike (sometimes too fast for me) but extremely exciting at the same time.

I have put a 170mm coil (smashpot) 36 up front and extended stroke to 57mm in the rear for 163mm travel (stock is 140)

u8XhxmP.jpg

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I have one of the new stumpy evo's, the rear suspension design will be horrible for a plush bomber ebike IMO. The Evo is more a scalpel, extremely fast bike (sometimes too fast for me) but extremely exciting at the same time.

I have put a 170mm coil (smashpot) 36 up front and extended stroke to 57mm in the rear for 163mm travel (stock is 140)

View attachment 18014

Sounds like you bought the wrong bike then.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

View attachment 18014
I believe that with the new Kenevo they are trying to make it a much more playful bike, rather that the pure bomber it is now. The journalist who I spoke with said that making it a fun bike to ride was one of the main priorities when updating it. The current one is definitely a point and plough bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles