2020 Ultralight Levo rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I still dont think this is anything new, Willier, Scapin, Nox, La Pierre and others are making "lightweight" EMTB's all around the weight range being touted for the SL using the Fazua system - as far as I can see its not setting any kind of new benchmark.

What will be interesting is to see if the software makes a lower powered EMTB ride well, as traditionally that's where Specilized have excelled with their EBikes with excellent user experiences, non of their products to date are particularly revolutionary hardware wise, but they do have a knack of putting together all the elements into very cohesive (if fallible!) packages.

My experience of the Fazua system is it doesn't quite cut the mustard for an EMTB in terms of the user experience, so the exciting thing would be if the SL is a hoot to ride.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I still dont think this is anything new, Willier, Scapin, Nox, La Pierre and others are making "lightweight" EMTB's all around the weight range being touted for the SL using the Fazua system - as far as I can see its not setting any kind of new benchmark.

What will be interesting is to see if the software makes a lower powered EMTB ride well, as traditionally that's where Specilized have excelled with their EBikes with excellent user experiences, non of their products to date are particularly revolutionary hardware wise, but they do have a knack of putting together all the elements into very cohesive (if fallible!) packages.

My experience of the Fazua system is it doesn't quite cut the mustard for an EMTB in terms of the user experience, so the exciting thing would be if the SL is a hoot to ride.
This doesn’t feel anywhere near as wimpy as the Fuzua motor.
I am a really big guy and I get 60 mile rides out of my Creo SL. So if I could get consistent rides of 40 miles out this new bike with a range extender than this would eliminate my both of my regular Levos.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
This sounds right up my street! Can't wait to see it and read/ride it.

Will it be available in frame only too?
Frame only, it doesn’t appear to be happening this round
Guess I'll have to buy complete and put those bits onto my old bike and sell. Hurts the pocket though.

I reckon my bits will take more weight off.

Super excited! Due a new boo. And no other bike this year even gets me fired up

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
@Al Boneta
I have been reprimanded so I cannot disclose any more details

Oh dear
9B178C11-C45F-4FFF-AEE0-5C13A511D18F.gif

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
My S-works Levo felt like an anchor after riding the Levo SL, especially on the flats and descents. Being able to pedal past the 20mph motor limit was a game changer.
Or past the 15 mph nurf limit here & many other places - not quite as much of a game changer.

Personally I prefer the Mississippi approach. As fast as you can go, minimum age or driver's licence nope, helmets are actually illegal & Maximum power - yes.

Mississippi.jpg

Mtbkski

Feb 1, 2020
Beaverdale, PA
I for one don't ride fast. I just want to get out and pound the trails and keep up with my buddies who are younger than me. I was the guy they use to have to wait on, on long climbs. My LEVO let me keep up with them.. I spend 90% of my time riding in ECO mode, occasionally going to TRAIL on big climbs. Almost never use TURBO. I could see this bike being something I would ride. I also see it being great for my wife, who wants to get out with me occasionally on the trails but doesn't care to ride the rougher trails, or, ride all day long. This has my interest big time.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
I've been told dont expect anything under £7k its designed to be a top spec bike. Thats me out then :p

Its litterally the roadbike in a full sus form.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I'm not one to baulk at Mountain bike prices, but come on!
I might give up biking and start collecting Fabergé eggs to save a few quid ?

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
The problem I see with the range extender is it will only supplement the main battery therefore will discharge at the same rate so when the extender is depleted the main battery will be depleted as well. Adding a fresh range extender with a fully charged voltage of around 42 vdc to a depleted battery of say 33vdc means that only the range extender will be supplying current to the motor which at only180whrs (5000mah @ 36vdc nominal) would mean a current rate of 7a would be required to produce the 250w of the motor. Efffeciency would go down quite a lot as well as life expectancy. Current 2170 battery cells are able to discharge at rates up to 10 amps but it is at a cost of useable capacity and charge cycles. It would be much better to use a higher capacity extender battery if you require more range than the 360+180 configuration can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles