2020 Ultralight Levo rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Dec 29, 2018
Australia
This rumoured SL is very exciting to me, as I would be happy with less power than the current brose motor, and a lower weight bike. The other thing that I hope is that the move away from the belt improves reliability

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Just rode the Levo SL Expert, I actually like it better than the current Levo. It climbed better with half the the power and I just felt faster overall.
They will have two aluminum models and 3 carbon models.
The Carbon Expert I rode had carbon wheels and an eagle drivetrain.
I took only one picture of it, but I won’t post it until the 4th

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Just rode the Levo SL Expert, I actually like it better than the current Levo. It climbed better with half the the power and I just felt faster overall.

4th of February?

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California

Wow, sounds amazing. Did you throw it on a scale by any chance? :D I thought the Specialized motor only has around 1/4 the power of the Brose? Maybe I mis-read that as half the power would be worth it for the weight savings. I hardly ever use turbo on my Levo.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Official release date is February 4th

Man Ive been lurking for much of last year.. always waiting on a new bike or just about to pull the trigger and something new is always just around the bend, I'm guessing this will be the norm for a few years as tech gets better and better. These lighter weight bikes are going to be huge game changers in mountain bike world imo.... there will be a point when weight and price make it near impossible not to buy over standard bike for most people.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
The motor is 40NM but it has a different tune than the Creo Sl so it will initially have more punch from a dead stop.
The Expert in large weighed 38.5 lbs
The battery is 320wh but you’ll be able to use the same range extender that the Creo SL uses

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
The motor is 40NM but it has a different tune than the Creo Sl so it will initially have more punch from a dead stop.
The Expert in large weighed 38.5 lbs
The battery is 320wh but you’ll be able to use the same range extender that the Creo SL uses
I’m so buying one! That sounds great.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
That's awesome! Geo same as current levo or leaning more modern (fingers crossed)?

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Any info about the range of this bike? Should be much worse than a regular turbo levo no?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Do they all have 140mm travel? If it has the Eagle drivetrain, does the S-Works have AXS?

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Definately something coming from Specialized on Tuesday, must be big if they're getting people to South Africa for the launch, (little) info at beginning:

Mods, Please delete post/link if I'm breaking any rules posting link.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Trails in South Africa are superb ?

087ADDFB-6B6E-4A03-B564-920E6CA5D143.jpeg

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Shame I’ve just dropped a small fortune on a Trek Rail 9.9!
This sounds like it’s exactly what I was looking for - just a couple of weeks too late.

Will see what happens on the 4th Feb... as I’ll still be within my 30 day swap period then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles