Zeb ultimate quick question

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Afternoon chaps

quick question fitting Zeb ultimate a2 tomorrow and on levo gen3 (comp)
fox rhythm coming off
do I need torque end caps for the wheel or does it already have them fitted
and do I need to put the 2 little curved spacers in the dropouts as well

thanks

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
Je pense qu'il faudra faire l'inverse de ce que j'ai fait en montant un Fox 38 à la place de mon Rockshock

🍻

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
You don't need anything special for Zeb Ultimate A2. You don’t even need the plastic caps, I didn't bother with them for all last year finally fitting torque caps a couple of months ago (Hunt Trail Wide V2 wheels).

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
But you might need a different caliper adapter - sorry if you've already got that covered.
No was just gonna use the one from the fox. Same size rotor so would have thought it would be a straight swap?
If not have. Couple of spares to test

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
No was just gonna use the one from the fox. Same size rotor so would have thought it would be a straight swap?
If not have. Couple of spares to test

I think the Fox fork is a minimum 180mm disc, so with the factory 220mm disc it’s running a PM7 +40mm adaptor. The Zeb is a 200mm minimum disc fork, so will need a PM8 +20mm adaptor for the same 220mm disc.

If you’ve got some smaller adaptors, you should be good.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
I think the Fox fork is a minimum 180mm disc, so with the factory 220mm disc it’s running a PM7 +40mm adaptor. The Zeb is a 200mm minimum disc fork, so will need a PM8 +20mm adaptor for the same 220mm disc.

If you’ve got some smaller adaptors, you should be good.
Ok don’t think I have the correct brake calliper mount to fit in my box of spares
so will have a look once I’m up after night shift sleep 😝
and see if I can source some locally (doubt it)

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
But you might need a different caliper adapter - sorry if you've already got that covered.

Good point, I had this issue when I swapped from fox 36 to zebs. Needed a +20 adapter not a +40.

Or just fit a 200mm rotor.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Looks like I have correct PM in my spares
image.jpg

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Thanks for the tips chaps 😄
all fitted fine just had to find new calliper mount bolts as the fox ones were too short

Although fitting the fender on was harder 😝 so small tiny screws and Limited space on the outer ones

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Put my fender on with cable ties, can't be arsed with screws.
whistle.gif
Haha
typically my good set of Allen keys is missing the 2mm or what ever the size is for the screws
so had to use a multi tool yeah not the best for a close fit
plus was thinking don’t strip the heads as they won’t be coming back out anytime soon haha 😝

irie

May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Haha
typically my good set of Allen keys is missing the 2mm or what ever the size is for the screws
so had to use a multi tool yeah not the best for a close fit
plus was thinking don’t strip the heads as they won’t be coming back out anytime soon haha 😝
Yeah, and when the heads fill up with dried crap you'll never get them off. :rolleyes:

2mm Allen keys and bolt heads are too easy to round off - in the end bought a £silly Wera 2mm "Hex plus" T handle key which works great and doesn't round off the bolts. Mainly use it to maintain pedal grub screws/pins.

Last edited:

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Went for a little test run felt pretty good just running stock trailhead settings
currently at 30% sag might try 20% tomorrow when I test it properly at hamsterly
I did fly down a double set of steps on way home and felt super plush like it was flat

tomorrow might be different on ‘real’ trails haha 😛
first impressions it was worth the upgrade

used this vid as a guide good starting guide
IMG_5414.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles