Brand new zeb ultimate 2023 missing laser etched sag measurements

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Hmmm... I don't believe that.

Using your analogy, if I had received my "new" ebike as open box with some missing accessories or parts, I wouldn't have been happy with the seller and complain, then send everything back and get a refund.

Not everyone would just suck it up!

I think the OP did the right thing to share his deplorable experience buying from Wiggle.
What I would have done is to immediately photograph everything in the package, pack it up, and return it for a refund as per Wiggle's "Return Policy".

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Yup, it’s probably a cultural thing. Or here in Canada …a geography thing. Having to pay duties on a product from the U.S. or Europe can be a factor if it’s ordered online. Can be a hassle too. (delays, cost, exchange rates, hidden fees, etc.

I given how big Canada is, it surprises me that mail order isn’t the default.

I don’t think our area is the Mecca of MTBing …but man, it’s pretty close.

Squamish, North Vancouver, Sunshine Coast, Whistler, Sun Peaks, Kickinghorse…BC is up there for sure 😂

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
As above brand new zeb ultimate 2023 from wiggle

no laser etched sag measurements on sanctions like very other RockShox i have seen or owned .
also the box open ,like flapping open when dpd delivered it today , fender missing and star nut and all other accessories .
i had a spar star nuts so i fitted the forks ,only when it came to set the sag did i notice the laser etched marks were missing , this is a feature i like and use on others rockshox forks.

Wiggle customer support said they sometime use ome parts ment for factory built bikes and that they may be missing parts or packaging .
but as i fitted the parts im now stuck with them .
the site said nothing about open box or missing parts or missing sag markings .

never again will I spend money at wiggle/chainreactions conmen
Lessons learnt, always check the integrity of the packaging, if damaged then sign for your package as damaged, take photographs, check the contents of the package, if parts are missing then that is the time to inform the seller, simply fitting your forks and then complaining achieves nothing and negates the seller from any responsibility unless the goods are faulty.

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
Lessons learnt, always check the integrity of the packaging, if damaged then sign for your package as damaged, take photographs, check the contents of the package, if parts are missing then that is the time to inform the seller, simply fitting your forks and then complaining achieves nothing and negates the seller from any responsibility unless the goods are faulty.
Wiggle offered a refund or £25 gift voucher , as the forks were fitted and running great I’ve just accepted the 25

Last edited:

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
Mine don’t have it either and I was happy since I don’t like the sag marking’s. I lucked out, I found mine for sale, said it was a 22 but had the Charger 3 and Buttercups. I got it for just under $1300 Canadian

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Wiggle offered a refund or £25 gift voucher , as the fired were fitted and running great I’ve just accepted the 25
Ta-Daa!
I don’t think any supplier wants bad-press and they will make any reasonable effort to make the customer happy. The advantage of the internet has an influence …it can help the customer and suppliers.

I’m about to set the sag on a new knolly with Fox suspension. No markings.
170mm x 30% = 51mm. I’ll put a small piece of painters tape at 51mm and start the sag process. Wish me luck😉.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Mine don’t have it either and I was happy since I don’t like the sag marking’s. I lucked out, I found mine for sale, said it was a 22 but had the Charger 3 and Buttercups. I got it for just under $1300 Canadian
Decent price. I was considering the Zeb Ultimate to fit my Trek Rail. $1700 CND. Special order to fit the wider frame of a Trek otherwise there’s a small step at the fork/frame (would drive me crazy).

In the end I upgraded to the Lyric fork. It weighed less and cost less.

Wilko58

Nov 24, 2020
Chorley
There seems to be some confusion in this thread - the OP complained about a number of things including an open box, a missing fender and accessories but he was mainly disappointed about the sag markings. The OP probably understands by now that sag markings are no longer applied and accepts that however, hardly anyone has commented on the missing parts which the OP quite rightly can complain about!

If the forks came in their own original box it's likely Wiggle opened it to pack the extra items in the box to save on packaging but didn't do it well, hence it burst open and parts were lost - that's probably why Wiggle gave the OP £25 (and I presume a replacement fender?).
As most posts have said, the Zebs were fitted so there is no course of complaint unless they are faulty.

On another note, retailers do buy OEM parts from the manufacturers and package them up for sale in plain boxes. It doesn't mean that they are returns or sub-standard, they are still genuine, warrantied parts, but it allows them to be sold at a discount (it's amazing how much extra a nicely printed manufacturers box costs!).

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
There seems to be some confusion in this thread - the OP complained about a number of things including an open box, a missing fender and accessories but he was mainly disappointed about the sag markings. The OP probably understands by now that sag markings are no longer applied and accepts that however, hardly anyone has commented on the missing parts which the OP quite rightly can complain about!

If the forks came in their own original box it's likely Wiggle opened it to pack the extra items in the box to save on packaging but didn't do it well, hence it burst open and parts were lost - that's probably why Wiggle gave the OP £25 (and I presume a replacement fender?).
As most posts have said, the Zebs were fitted so there is no course of complaint unless they are faulty.

On another note, retailers do buy OEM parts from the manufacturers and package them up for sale in plain boxes. It doesn't mean that they are returns or sub-standard, they are still genuine, warrantied parts, but it allows them to be sold at a discount (it's amazing how much extra a nicely printed manufacturers box costs!).
I think the OP will be fine. 👍🏻

It’s amazing what a manufacturer will do to keep us ,the customer, happy. A strongly worded letter or a carefully placed text can trigger satisfaction for a consumer when things don’t seem right. I’m sure those returns, errors, losses etc are probably factored into the price of a product.

Another thing that’s factored into the cost is packaging.
IMG_6597.jpeg
I don’t know why I’m keeping some of these boxes …but some of them are too nice to throw out and recycle. I fill them with bike stuff. But in the past several years I’m more aware of the effort and cost put into packaging.

The box on the left has the exact same product in it as the box on the right. A Shimano XT Cassette. But the box on the right is filled with literature and fancy packaging. I wonder who pays for that?

The AXS GX box is just overkill IMO. The Spanks hub box is about right. The Maxxis 2.6 Assigia tire can be found in a huge bin on the floor of a retailer now…without the printed cardboard display.

Wilko58

Nov 24, 2020
Chorley
Ditto, the AXS box I've got too and merit for the same reason but it is overkill and not cheap.
Shimano in particular have started using eco packaging in a big way, getting rid of a lot of plastic.
Magura use plastic blister packs for their small components (brake pads, levers and caliper mounts) but have started using just cardboard.
I'm sure consumers (we) are paying a bit more for it.

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
I think the OP will be fine. 👍🏻

It’s amazing what a manufacturer will do to keep us ,the customer, happy. A strongly worded letter or a carefully placed text can trigger satisfaction for a consumer when things don’t seem right. I’m sure those returns, errors, losses etc are probably factored into the price of a product.

Another thing that’s factored into the cost is packaging.
View attachment 122443
I don’t know why I’m keeping some of these boxes …but some of them are too nice to throw out and recycle. I fill them with bike stuff. But in the past several years I’m more aware of the effort and cost put into packaging.

The box on the left has the exact same product in it as the box on the right. A Shimano XT Cassette. But the box on the right is filled with literature and fancy packaging. I wonder who pays for that?

The AXS GX box is just overkill IMO. The Spanks hub box is about right. The Maxxis 2.6 Assigia tire can be found in a huge bin on the floor of a retailer now…without the printed cardboard display.
How you getting on with Axs Eagle?
I just brought and fitted mine yesterday, absolutely love it .
At end of some long rides I struggled to even shift gears due to thumb joint pain .
Looking at the axs dropper now 🫣

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
How you getting on with Axs Eagle?
I just brought and fitted mine yesterday, absolutely love it .
At end of some long rides I struggled to even shift gears due to thumb joint pain .
Looking at the axs dropper now 🫣
After almost 2 years… really good. It’s weird riding my other bike that doesn’t have the AXS GX.

Like I’ve always said though; “It’s too fast, too quiet, too smooth”. But at least it’s easy to setup. 😉

I’ve used a “hacked” system from the beginning. AXS GX with the Shimano XT cassette and HG chain. So far, so good.

I’m on my third cassette, second chain ring, fifth HG chain. But the same AXS GX derailer. The hack video is available on YouTube or the interweb.

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
It's really good, didn't take long to set up but I have changed the trigger for the different version they sell as an accessory - it's more like a normal setup.
So simple to setup I didn't even need to fine tuning ,it just works perfect .
Whats that other controller called ?

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
After almost 2 years… really good. It’s weird riding my other bike that doesn’t have the AXS GX.

Like I’ve always said though; “It’s too fast, too quiet, too smooth”. But at least it’s easy to setup. 😉

I’ve used a “hacked” system from the beginning. AXS GX with the Shimano XT cassette and HG chain. So far, so good.

I’m on my third cassette, second chain ring, fifth HG chain. But the same AXS GX derailer. The hack video is available on YouTube or the interweb.
Lol it is so much faster ,you don't know-how much lag there was in the cables until you go fly by wire .

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Lol it is so much faster ,you don't know-how much lag there was in the cables until you go fly by wire .
I also installed the AXS Reverb dropper. What a stupid expensive luxury that is. Eliminates more cabling but adds a bit of weight. But man…it’s “heaven”. I asked the LBS to bring one in for me during the Covid era so it took 7 months. The LBS gave me a huge discount when it finally arrived …probably for my patience.

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
I also installed the AXS Reverb dropper. What a stupid expensive luxury that is. Eliminates more cabling but adds a bit of weight. But man…it’s “heaven”. I asked the LBS to bring one in for me during the Covid era so it took 7 months. The LBS gave me a huge discount when it finally arrived …probably for my patience.
Lol , I'm after a 31.6 170mm but cannot find one for love or money .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles