YT Decoy 700WH battery

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
That water bottle cracks me up.....lol
I miss mine. I left it in the alpine on a 2hr hike a bike last fall one day before it snowed. Took it out to have some drinks while i put pads on and forgot all about it. Theyre ridiculously expensive at 80cad but the 400ml was enough a lot of days or made carrying a smaller bottle as an extra easier. Im using syncros 250ml kids bottle/cage atm but its not the best fit , even after i hit the cage with a good bit of dremeling. One 250ml in the cage and one in my pocket atm. That 400 i list and a 250 in my pocket would be sweet and no pack. The 400 "thrurstbuster" even left enough room to mount my one up pump beside it. No chance with the syncros. W/o the 400ml im still looking for options, options cheaper than 80cad 😩

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
I don’t say for free but I would rather pay an upgrade fee and send the 540 back than having it sitting in my garage for ever
And hopefully they can recycle it somehow

Sorinok

May 24, 2019
Romania
Super Nice! I have 2 battteries 540Wh, i hope to give them back 1 and to receive a 720wh one, of course I have to pay a difference....but I think it's in the realm of dreams.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Nice to finally have options. I prefer having two lighter 540w batteries for my local Fromme and Seymour mountains, as I can easily get back to the car to swap batteries. I can easily get over 1000m of climbing with my 3 year old Decoy with Trail mode maxed out and plenty of boost. Only once have I totally used up both batteries.

Having the larger battery would be nice tho on longer rides where you’re a long distance from the car.

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
🤣 So that’ll be £900 plus VAT + Import tax/customs fee + Postage (shall we call it £1500??)

And after all that I’ll still have a 540Wh battery that I won’t use and can’t sell anymore as there’ll be a few of those available from Jan ‘23!!

This is making my decision to ‘upgrade’ a lot easier! I’ll go get a new Orbea Wild and sell the old Decoy!

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
It'll be interesting to find out why YT are saying the new battery is not suitable for size S, they're stating for rider safety, so maybe the front wheel may impact the battery on full compression?

Bobby76

Aug 24, 2022
Switzerland
Frustratingly even if you buy a new bike they will only include the 540WH battery and you have to buy the 720WH as an additional purchase. So you can forget about trading in old 540WH batteries for new ones. Suspect the new ones are in short supply and they’ve got a big stock of old ones they don’t want to have to scrap

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
It makes a lot of sales sense to let new bike purchasers spend some more, YT aren’t the most expensive bikes on the market - plus we early adopters of the Decoy have kind of got over the bigger battery thing. I’m adept at big 40+ mile days out with 3,500ft of climbing now. I just want to do it all in Trail! And not own 1.2kW of battery in the process 🙄

Bobby76

Aug 24, 2022
Switzerland
There are no old ones in stock either.

They are available on the European site.

We have big verticals here (in Switzerland) for the best rides and when mates are on 630WH and 720WH batteries cruising up in trail and turbo and you are lagging behind in eco due to range anxiety a 540WH battery is a genuine issue. I have a base YT Capra that’s still running well with several years of use and saved me a load over an equivalent Scott bike so apart from this am fully bought in to YT and their bikes.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
Anyone knows why the battery is so heavy ? At 4.5kg it's even more than Bosch 750 and much more than modern Darfon 720 (3.8kg) units...

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Ironic to come read this… I got tired of waiting and picked up a levo alloy comp yesterday! they are on sale again until Monday for 5600.. best deal going right now!… anyone wanna buy a decoy? :)

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Looks like YT is about to drop a new bike! Really hoping it's the 2023 Decoy with updated geometry (longer/slacker), 720wh battery and better cable management.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Might not be related but Tippie just posyed up his old decoy for sale. Maybe his newest one will become his back up as he gets the newest mystery decoy? Decoy SE(superenduro)/crosses fingers

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Might not be related but Tippie just posyed up his old decoy for sale. Maybe his newest one will become his back up as he gets the newest mystery decoy? Decoy SE(superenduro)/crosses fingers
I put mine up for sale, in California.. zero interest! lol gonna set it up for my daughter who is getting tall enough!

The great bike inflation is over.. Craigslist near me has 7 decoys for sale!

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I put mine up for sale, in California.. zero interest! lol gonna set it up for my daughter who is getting tall enough!

The great bike inflation is over.. Craigslist near me has 7 decoys for sale!
I think youre right. Not much is selling these days and bike companies, distributors and stores have stock or access to stock. After adjustment the new year should bring some deals. Thats unfortunate about your bike. Still a really viable option, especially with the new 720w battery availability right around the corner. I say a gop option bevause mine has been so durable. 4 seasons now and a lot of lift access days in the mix and zero issues apart from the one warranteed e8000 motor. Pulled all my pivots out the other day and cleaned and greased them. Great design. Its so ez and the motor or chainring diesnt have to be removed go get at them. I just took the rear wheel and rear shock out and quickly regreased them. I wouldve though emtb's are still selling and someone would xnap yours up. Great for your kid though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles