YT Decoy 700WH battery

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
I think youre right. Not much is selling these days and bike companies, distributors and stores have stock or access to stock. After adjustment the new year should bring some deals. Thats unfortunate about your bike. Still a really viable option, especially with the new 720w battery availability right around the corner. I say a gop option bevause mine has been so durable. 4 seasons now and a lot of lift access days in the mix and zero issues apart from the one warranteed e8000 motor. Pulled all my pivots out the other day and cleaned and greased them. Great design. Its so ez and the motor or chainring diesnt have to be removed go get at them. I just took the rear wheel and rear shock out and quickly regreased them. I wouldve though emtb's are still selling and someone would xnap yours up. Great for your kid though
Yeah it still a great bike been solid! Gonna keep until spring, unless my daughter starts shredding!can always sell in spring easier.. it has 3k miles so a bit of a turn off to buyers.

Sorinok

May 24, 2019
Romania
After almost 2 years, the time has come to take possession of a 720wh battery. It came late, but it is very welcome! With such an upgrade, Yt Decoy remains in the books, that's why I ordered another bike but with EP8, currently I have an E8000 engine.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Yes, I was among the lucky ones who got the battery in stock and I managed to purchase it!
Congratulations! Was it easy to install? Any pics to see how it looks? Curious as to what it looks like where it integrates at bottom of down tube near the motor. Have you gone on any rides with it yet? Know it weighs about 1kg more than 540wh battery. Any insight is much appreciated!

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
The myth is true, the 720wh battery does indeed exist! Picked this bad boy up at the Mill in San Clemente this afternoon. More pics and feedback to follow...
20221221_122400.jpg

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
If anyone has a chance to try the 720 in a size small I'd be very grateful and interested to find out definitively the reason it's not safe!!!

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
So, took the Duck out for its 1st ride with the new 720wh battery. Have over 1,000 miles on the 540wh battery and I could not notice any difference in performance with the heavier battery. What I could notice was no range anxiety and was able to extend my ride. Rode at a really cool place that gas technical climbs, drops, berms and jumps and the new battery fely right at home. If you are fortunate to snag one, highly recommend!

ebkilla

Oct 15, 2021
California

bergsnj

Jan 17, 2023
New Jersey
I just ordered a Core 3 MX on the sale, can't wait! But I really want to grab one of the 720wh batteries. I just wish I could pre-order it or something. I don't want to miss out.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
So YT releases a bigger battery finally after 2 years of promises but they only made like 10! Wtf.. not sure you can say you released it when it's permanently out of stock.. this company sucks, love the bike, company is not run well.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
So YT releases a bigger battery finally after 2 years of promises but they only made like 10! Wtf.. not sure you can say you released it when it's permanently out of stock.. this company sucks, love the bike, company is not run well.
Total bait and switch. I was checking their website multiple times a day while trying to snag one. Noticed at ~4:30am their website stated it was available but no way to add to cart. About 30 minutes later was able to complete process. Chose the option to pick up at mill since I'm within 50 miles and they were charging $100 shipping/handling charges and wanted to ensure nothing went wrong. Less than 1 hour later they were sold out. When picking up, even dude at the mill asked me how I landed one.

Absolutely incredible products but management is poor. Everytime I've contacted them, employees working there have been fantastic. 540wh battery is so 5 years ago and YT is definitely missing out on a lot of potential sales. Guess they just don't give a f#ck!

The battery itself is freaking awesome! Feels natural and no more range anxiety 🙃

Also, what's the dealeo with their Decoy water bottle set-up? Had to order one from Australia!!!

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
We have 5 of the 700's in our crew. You gotta be quick when they pop up.
or YT can produce and deliver enough product.. they have lagged with spares batteries for years now... its just as hard to get the 540! If you call and ask them they are zero help.. great bikes, company either needs a new supplier or new management or both..

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm in the market right now for a bike and really want to have the YT on my list but the lack of bigger battery is certainly keeping it off the list. I'd assume many other people would feel the same.

Heck, I run a 900Wh battery on my EP8 on my Norco Bigfoot. Just sold my older Giant with a 500Wh no way am I going back to a 540Wh on a bike in 2023.. YT should follow Norco and offer both batteries when you order the bike. Drop the price of the bike, don't include the battery in the price, and make you select a size battery when your order. It works great for Norco.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
I'm in the market right now for a bike and really want to have the YT on my list but the lack of bigger battery is certainly keeping it off the list. I'd assume many other people would feel the same.

Heck, I run a 900Wh battery on my EP8 on my Norco Bigfoot. Just sold my older Giant with a 500Wh no way am I going back to a 540Wh on a bike in 2023.. YT should follow Norco and offer both batteries when you order the bike. Drop the price of the bike, don't include the battery in the price, and make you select a size battery when your order. It works great for Norco.
Exactly! its because the haven't sourced any battery suppliers that are consistent.. at least that's my theory, and batteries in general are more scarce than ever.. its super strange! they also promised that original customers would be able to upgrade to 720 when it was released.

They need to be more transparent with owners and let people get on an email waiting list to be notified when batteries become available.... im old and too busy to troll the store everyday and see if they are available..

you can't even buy the old 540!! un-fucking believable.. what a joke YT is.. great bikes.. shitty company..

ichauchtt

May 14, 2020
Switzerland
I am fed up with the wait, all my bike-buddies have bikes with larger batteries. No fun for me... I decided to get rid of my YT and look for another brand.

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
Battery in stock in EU !
I managed to place an order this time we will see. I really like my decoy I’m looking forward to get more range. But ideally I would like to dispose my 540 like they promised at the beginning

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Is already not available anymore.... It's maddening, they put like 10 batteries in stock or what? Waited for months for this...and then it sells out in less than a few hours?

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Is already not available anymore.... It's maddening, they put like 10 batteries in stock or what? Waited for months for this...and then it sells out in less than a few hours?
Sold out in minutes.. I told a friend about it.. 10 minutes later sold out!.. he missed it too.. yeah Yt is a shit compan, I sold mine because of this.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles