Levo Gen 2 Yari fork increase travel and Debonair upgrade

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi all - I am going to service my forks and I noticed the Debonair travel upgrade on the air spring which I am also contemplating. My forks are 2016/17 Yari and have 140mm travel.
Has anyone done the upgrade and if so what travel did they increase to and did it effect the geometry please?
I am thinking of either going to 160mm or 170mm - would be really good to get to gear your thoughts on that. Cheers

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Im not sure how much you can increase the 16/17. It may be 160max. I increased my 19 from 160 to 180 with the new debonair air shaft. I seem to remember that pre 19's they were 2 different yaris 140 could go to 160 and a170 could go go 180. Id dbl check on that as im not positive. Debonajr upgrade is a cheap upgrade thats definitely worth it

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Thanks for getting back. I spoke with TFTuned and they said on a ebike they would not go anymore than 10mm increase, as this puts greater pressure on to the headset as it increases the angle - which sort of makes sense. This change can also invalidate your frame warranty.
They said you could go as high 180mm travel on those forks.
Did you notice anything when you increased to 180mm (from 160mm) and did anyone mention anything about potential warranty concerns from doing that?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
On a Levo (19/20) stock is 150mm and the manual specifies 160mm as a max. So it depends on your make of bike. I increased from 150 to 160 by changing the forks and I also raised the stem by 5mm. The most noticeable difference was in riding position which I found positive. It moved my weight balance back on the bike a little. It did mean putting a little more weight over the front wheel in steep climbs but that was the only technique change I had to make.
I think the only negative might be if you find the cockpit short in stock form you may find it more cramped with a longer travel fork but I guess you could mess with stem height and bars to balance that.
As far as dealing with gravity runs and tech descents are concerned I found the extra travel a real benefit but part of that may also be the upgrade in fork performance and tune I got from changing to a Lyric Ultimate from a Revelation.

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
I was hoping to go to 160mm - but it looks as though 150mm would be the safest option. I prefer to be sat more upright, the extra 10mm will help with that.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The c1 debonair upgrade makes the fork sit higher because it no longer sucks down a out 10mm at rest so you will feel more effect than the simple increase in travel. You will be amazed what difference it makes.

Eastsidebkr

May 29, 2018
Bishop, ca
I just did the 200 hr service and upgraded to the new debonair c1 air spring on my stock ‘17 levo comp. made a huge improvement to the fork. I kept the 140 mm length though. It was an easy upgrade and service

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
I just did the 200 hr service and upgraded to the new debonair c1 air spring on my stock ‘17 levo comp. made a huge improvement to the fork. I kept the 140 mm length though. It was an easy upgrade and service
What a coincidence I did just did my forks today also, 200hr service and 150mm Debonair upgrade. The bike is sitting at the same height as before, I thought it would sit a little bit higher with 150mm.

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Took the Levo out tonight and the debonair upgrade and service has totally changed the performance of the forks. It is so much smoother over rough terrain compared to what it was like before. Strongly recommend it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles