2020 Levo Comp - Installing larger chainring and increasing fork travel?

NathanNZ

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I'm loving my 2020 Levo Comp. However I do find it to be quite undergeared, spinning out on the small sprocket at relatively low speed, and the big sprocket is easily enough for the steepest of slopes. There doesn't appear to be much clearance around the chainring. Has anyone fitted a larger one?

Also Lyric fork is great. It's very rough and rocky where I ride, so am thinking about increasing the travel which seems to be cheap and easy with changing the air shaft. Would 170mm affect the geometry much? I guess there would be more sag, so much of the height difference would be balanced out there?

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
RE: chainring replacement. Use the search facility to search for say "chainring levo" in "This forum".

There are a number of past threads on the topic. It's probably worth reading them all, you will need chainring bolts with nuts and the maximum size is 38T narrow wide for Levo's (all years) and probably all Kenevo's too.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I have a 36t, no problems except chain guide can’t be used.
Mounted 160mm Lyrik Ultimate. Extremely happy.

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Chain guide can be used; for 36 or 38 tooth chainring shave a small amount off the inner plate so you can mount it rotated 180º
Cut_ChainGuide_Full.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles