Wondering what modes YT Decoy riders are using most & setting changes on ST Unlocker?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Curious to what modes Decoy riders use most? I find myself mainly riding Trail Mode and using Boost when I have steep climbs. Love the power of the Shimano motor, seems more powerful than my Levo but feels like each mode is always one the full output on each of the three modes. I changed Eco to 100%, Trail to 150% and left Boost at $300%. Although the Spesh Levo doesn't feel as powerful as the Decoy's, I like the varible motor outout based upon the RPM's or cadence of pedaling.

Liftman

Oct 13, 2019
scotland
I mainly use Eco on the up's (change to trail later in the run when the legs are tired) use trail on the downs, rarely use boost unless its super steep.
Eco set 40% 30Nm, Trail 80% 70Nm, Boost 200% 70Nm

His_Turdness

Nov 12, 2020
Finland
I mainly ride eco on flat and most of the time I'm riding with a natty biker. Trail if I'm riding with just the doggo or solo and I need to go fast. Boost is for super steep or fast long climbs. I think the percentages and torque numbers are something like: eco 30% 25Nm, trail 98% 70Nm, boost 300% 70Nm. Could be a little off. Been a while since I checked the settings.

Edit: just re-checked the settings. Trail was at 98%. No wonder it feels so good.

Last edited:

Jessiejames1108

Nov 3, 2020
Sonoma, Ca
Well I just posted this in the other chat so Ill paste it here too...

My setup is pictured below and so far I have been able to peddle 25 mile rides and still have one or two bars left. This is in 90F temps, not sure what the cold will do yet as it's barely here. I ride primarily in eco/ trail so I upped the power in the eco just a bit and and turned down the trail assist from stock and uped the toque 5nm. I will use boost on the super steep stuff but try not to as it sometimes is a bit much and I find myself spinning out and then not able to get get going again. The stock settings are ECO: 75% 35NM TRAIL: 150% 50NM
Assist Settings.png

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Well I just posted this in the other chat so Ill paste it here too...

My setup is pictured below and so far I have been able to peddle 25 mile rides and still have one or two bars left. This is in 90F temps, not sure what the cold will do yet as it's barely here. I ride primarily in eco/ trail so I upped the power in the eco just a bit and and turned down the trail assist from stock and uped the toque 5nm. I will use boost on the super steep stuff but try not to as it sometimes is a bit much and I find myself spinning out and then not able to get get going again. The stock settings are ECO: 75% 35NM TRAIL: 150% 50NM View attachment 46905
Thanks for sharing ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles