Who's got the biggest ruts?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
What is the biggest rut that you have come across whilst riding? It can be wet or dry, as long as it is on the trail. Here's a couple of mine:

Kona Kula hardtail on the Viking Way, near Grantham. Those are 26" wheels, so the rut is only about 20" deep, dry though. :)
Kula Rut.JPG

This is also on the Viking Way. Take a look on the left about half way up the picture. Myapes and I estimated that rut to be about 4 feet deep. That is all proper sticky Lincolnshire clay mud. Awful stuff (shudder)! :eek:
Viking Way mud.jpg

Last edited:

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I don't have any photos of it in full winter conditions but the section of trail that springs to mind for me is between Lilla Cross and Goathland lane end on the North Yorkshire Moors. It's been dug up by 4x4s and dirt bikes and the ruts are deep and full of water so very nasty. I live in Scotland now but I grew up nearby and have ridden that section many times while visiting family and friends down there.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I don't have any photos of it in full winter conditions but the section of trail that springs to mind for me is between Lilla Cross and Goathland lane end on the North Yorkshire Moors. It's been dug up by 4x4s and dirt bikes and the ruts are deep and full of water so very nasty. I live in Scotland now but I grew up nearby and have ridden that section many times while visiting family and friends down there.
On Fylingdale Moor. Know it well and yes I can confirm it’s still a rutted hell hole 😆

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles