Whoohoo, it’s America’s Cup time again!

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Not one sailing bone in my body, but when Team NZ is racing, New Zealand goes nuts! 50 knots on the water... the international contingent is even faster this year! :cool:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Doesn't look like you want anyone else too see though ! You know you can't get Covid from people with Covid watching your uploads right ?? ;) :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 10.10.00.png

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Thanks GP .. I checked the code and grabbed the link, that didn't work either .. The other video's from there work, so I guess someone screwed up on the upload.
I think one of the moderators can fix a link that works. The one I posted is the highlights from day1 only about 20 minutes long...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think one of the moderators can fix a link that works. The one I posted is the highlights from day1 only about 20 minutes long...
It could be changed to a link - that fixes it for when an uploader has set it that it has to play in youtube and not a third party site. Your video is actually blocked from France for some reason ..

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
It looks like it's just under 26 minutes ... can you type out what's said and stick in a few screen prints ?? o_O
Day One highlights - America won two races, NZ and Italy one race each, UK had technical issues with one loss and one DNF...

Here are some pics of these Formula1 Missiles pretending to be Yachts!

Airbus American Magic.png

Airbus American Magic

Prada Pirelli Luna Rossa.png

Prada Pirelli Luna Rossa

Emirates Team NZ.png

Emirates Team NZ

InEOS Team UK .png

InEOS Team UK

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
One commentator said that the steering wheels on these things are connected to computers and the boats couldn't run without software - and that these boats would appeal to the gaming generation. So yeah... more like flying it think!
funny in`t it gramps we`ve got boats that can`t sail without computers, aircraft find it hard to fly, and
now we`ve got bloody bikes that tell us how much power we need.
whatever next.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Those boats and crews are incredible...
Have a look at the crew from this angle... they look more like fighter pilots or Formula1 racers instead of sailors.
Top speed yesterday from 12 knots of breeze was 49.1 knots by Team NZ.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 11.38.00 PM.png

The format is also more exciting because even if one boat is leading by quite a large margin, one mistake and the lead is gone - as what's happened with several boats on day two. So everyone is on their toes throughout the heats, like when something went wrong with Team NZ and it suddenly took off and got big air... but she landed without any damage (none that they would admit anyway) and carried on... big gasps from the live crowd watching the big screen in the AC village in Auckland!

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 11.57.03 PM.png

So yeah, it's official... they're flying!

Last edited:

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Have a look at the crew from this angle... they look more like fighter pilots or Formula1 racers instead of sailors.

View attachment 47548

The format is also more exciting because even if one boat is leading by quite a large margin, one mistake and the lead is gone - as what's happened with several boats on day two. So everyone is on their toes throughout the heats, like when something went wrong with Team NZ and it suddenly took off and got big air... but she landed without any damage (none that they would admit anyway) and carried on... big gasps from the live crowd watching the big screen in the AC village in Auckland!
great gramps ,do you think zimms got a picture yet?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles