World Cup Qatar

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I’ve watched almost every game possible including the qualifying games for Canada. We are definitely an underdog in any game in this tournament.

We just scored our first goal ever in the World Cup. 🤯 ABB6FC85-43E4-4149-A6A4-D42F0DD11227.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I’ve watched almost every game possible including the qualifying games for Canada. We are definitely an underdog in any game in this tournament.

We just scored our first goal ever in the World Cup. 🤯 View attachment 102197
Just a pity that you ended up on the wrong side of a heavy defeat ..😉.
I've been watching with interest as your coach( John Herdman) is originally from Consett in County Durham ..an area where I was brought up and still have family ties ..
Also there is a rumour which is still circulating that Newcastle United are interested in signing Jonathan David ..although Alfonso Davies looks a better bet !
Good effort from you boys though ..

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Definitely baby steps needed for the next tournament. The Croatian pic of Herdman has become a new style around here. That was funny but what a great coach. We’ll slowly produce some league-quality players in the future. Hopefully that doesn’t take away good players from our national sport…Lacrosse! 🏒🥌🏈👨‍🍳😉

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Definitely baby steps needed for the next tournament. The Croatian pic of Herdman has become a new style around here. That was funny but what a great coach. We’ll slowly produce some league-quality players in the future. Hopefully that doesn’t take away good players from our national sport…Lacrosse! 🏒🥌🏈👨‍🍳😉
A soccer player wouldn't play Lacrosse - too much contact, and the helmets would ruin their hair.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
A soccer player wouldn't play Lacrosse - too much contact, and the helmets would ruin their hair.
I was one of those lacrosse players with a horrible mane so I understand. Probably why I’m pro-helmet anytime I “head”-out in public. Some of those football/soccer injuries look brutal though. I’m just not skilled enough at recognizing the injury or injury event. But I shouldn’t base my injury criteria on the lack of blood spilt or leaking fluids.

Anyways, I need to adopt a new team/country for this World Cup while Canada builds some new prospects.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Anyways, I need to adopt a new team/country for this World Cup while Canada builds some new prospects.
You can become an honorary " Geordie " ( we support England )..your coach / manager hails from the area so it's the next logical step ( unless of course you are French / Canadian ..)
Either way you will have a team in the knockout stages 😉

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
My wife is Canadian Scottish (Winnipeg). I’m Canadian Acadian (New Brunswick). Neither of us have foreign accents but we live in British Columbia and have “normal” accents😉. I can’t speak a word of French even though most of my relatives are bilingual and apparently my historical roots are in Bordeaux France. Maybe ‘Z’omeone in here might know about that place 🤔.When I landed in BC, many years ago, I didn’t miss my French Canadian relatives.

Anyways, enough of the family tree stuff. One of my best friends and riding buddy is Geordie. He’ll have a good laugh about this. Three Lions it is!👍🏻

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
100% ..definitely the shock result so far !
I was gutted that Ronaldo got on the pitch as a sub for Portugal ..he needed bringing down a peg or two ..at least his replacement in the team ( Ramos) showed him that he's not actually needed anymore ..😁
I feel sad for Ronaldo😪…No I don’t 😁

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
with your beer and sandwiches right…..
Time zone issue here. I’ll probably be eating eggs and drinking milk during the game …unless I close the curtains 🧐, hmmm

I’ll also be giving all my Perrier Sparkling Water to the dog this week 👍🏻 and stop bathing in Champagne. 😁

Last edited:

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
100% ..definitely the shock result so far !
I was gutted that Ronaldo got on the pitch as a sub for Portugal ..he needed bringing down a peg or two ..at least his replacement in the team ( Ramos) showed him that he's not actually needed anymore ..😁
I was gutted Ronaldo didn't score three . All the haters coming out now! . Good coaching 👏 Ronaldo still a chance of holding the world cup . How old is Ronaldo? 36 . Coach just wants some fire in his belly . He wasn't really needed against Swiss. He may be a tosser but I enjoy watching him play.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I was gutted Ronaldo didn't score three . All the haters coming out now! . Good coaching 👏 Ronaldo still a chance of holding the world cup . How old is Ronaldo? 36 . Coach just wants some fire in his belly . He wasn't really needed against Swiss. He may be a tosser but I enjoy watching him play.
I loved watching Ronaldo when he was in his prime..(he is now 37) ...unfortunately he still thinks he is ..and its sad to watch ...
I just wish he would recognise that fact and bow out gracefully ..I don't mean retire ..just lower your sights a touch and accept the fact that you aren't top quality anymore..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Well done Morocco..brilliant result !
Hope Kyle Walker gets lots of help tonight because based on his showing against Alan St.Maximin when we ( Newcastle ) played them this season he got absolutely destroyed for pace ..and Mbappe is as quick if not quicker 😳

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
The French had 12 men ( the ref.) in that first half ..
Saka was clearly fouled by the French player who went on to score the first goal ...then a blatant penalty wasn't given ..
However Kane shouldn't have taken that second penalty ..
Well done to France..but I hope you get hammered by Morocco..
My biggest wish though after Mbappe laughed like a maniac when Kane missed that penalty is that at some stage in his career he misses an equally important one ..he obviously won't ever know ..but I will be laughing my bollocks off ..

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I tried to see the refs view …but I just couldn’t. On few of those tackles it was obvious. Those two bad calls, or non calls, would’ve changed everything.

Might hope for team Morocco 🇲🇦 now. That ref though …

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles