Which brake pads are the best?

Hale_Storming

Oct 14, 2020
Munich, Germany
Hey guys, I need some new brake pads but not sure which brand to go with. I like the sound of Disco Brakes but they're out of stock on the Chromatic pro and Copper-free so thought I'd ask for advise on here.... Which pads do you recommend?

I'm using Shram Code RSC.

Thanks guys!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
ive found that the uberbike white ones whatever they are called offer great bang for buck and last a long time.
keep meaning to try the blue ones as they are ebike specific supposedly.
had uberbike pads on for a couple of years but tried some CL VRX pads atm, great pads but £25 a set compared to 10 or 11 quid for the uber ones. cant say that theres that much difference in them either.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I go for organic ones every time instead of the metallic ones for the simple reason that they are quieter and are good stoppers.
But who's organic pads? I keep coming back to the Shimano branded pads. I may be able to get some unbranded ones that rumour says are made in the same factory, but I can't be arsed to try them.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Fit the original Avid/Sram 2011+ sintered pads. You get what you pay for. Properly naintained they deliver strong stopping power and long life.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Fit the original Avid/Sram 2011+ sintered pads. You get what you pay for. Properly naintained they deliver strong stopping power and long life.
I bought a mechanics box (no springs or bolts) of 30 sets of original Code RSC 2011+ sintered pads off Ebay around 10 years ago for $200. I think I am set for life as long as they keep making Code RSC brakes! Excellent brake pads that last me a season+ on the trails I ride. I would go thru organic pads in a month!

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Swisstop make a specific ebike brake pad, which is a good price, lasts a long time, is quiet and stops the bike. What more do you want ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles