Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Anybody tried these out. Only tenner a set

Screenshot_20220909-204054_WhatsApp.jpg

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I just fitted some of the Uberbike E Matrix (ebike specific) pads and I don't think they're as good as the normal Race Matrix pads which I've always found to be decent for the money. Maybe they'll last better but I'd sacrifice longevity for a bit more bite. I have some normal ones in stock so I'll probably swap them just to see back to back what the difference is. It'd be interesting to hear what the Hope ones are like.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Those are Galfer’s eBike pads, they are great pads. Actually one of the best pads I’ve used for the last two years. They take a little longer to bed in though.

The only pads that I’ve found stronger are their green compound pads which other slightly better bite but don’t last as long as the purple pads.

I highly recommend them.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
I don`t know if those are Galfer ebike pads ( same colour…), but I agree with jbrown15, Galfer`s are best. I run their ebike pads on Turbo Levo and Status (rear on both bikes) front pads I don` t remember 😀

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
For some strange reason they don't come with springs or pins. Mate had big Hope order, V4 compound . Just curious 20 pounds for two sets.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I found Trickstuff Power to have stronger bite than Galfer Purple, but not that much.
Here is my broscience estimate based on quite few pairs of each:

TrickStuff Power: 10 Bite, 9 Power, 6-7 lasting. Not easy to bed.
Galfer E-Bike: 9 Bite, 8 Power, 8 Lasting. Very easy to bed. Very good in all aspects, the goldi-locks?
SRAM Metallic: 7 Bite, 8 Power, 10 Lasting. Medium to bed.
SRAM Organic: Shit all over.

Since I am from Europe, can't try ceramic like MTX Gold from US. But I expect it to be similar to TrickStuff & Galfer, unless the material is really magical.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I found Trickstuff Power to have stronger bite than Galfer Purple, but not that much.
Here is my broscience estimate based on quite few pairs of each:

TrickStuff Power: 10 Bite, 9 Power, 6-7 lasting. Not easy to bed.
Galfer E-Bike: 9 Bite, 8 Power, 8 Lasting. Very easy to bed. Very good in all aspects, the goldi-locks?
SRAM Metallic: 7 Bite, 8 Power, 10 Lasting. Medium to bed.
SRAM Organic: Shit all over.

Since I am from Europe, can't try ceramic like MTX Gold from US. But I expect it to be similar to TrickStuff & Galfer, unless the material is really magical.

I’ll have some Trickstuff pads to try out on my eBike next week. Just got my DHL tracking number from them so I’m excited to try them.

Of course I’m even more excited to try out the Maxima brakes that I ordered 18 months ago to go with those pads though…..lol 😁

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I'm not hard on brakes . I still had cantilevers for years after v brakes were invented . However did I manage cause I ain't going any faster now .

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Did you get the pro or pro +.
the pro will last about 2 days in the bikepark. Pro+ will last about a week. That’s doing 50-70km of lift access downhill per day. So not normal braking
Fair mileage that arm's would be pumping.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yeah.
especially at the end of season when brake bumps are all over. You get past it eventually. Gotta learn how to hold the bars soft in the moments that you can. Which isn’t much in French bike parks Just when you’re in the air really. Switzerland and Austria are much smoother and not trying to kill you parks.
Long time since I was in a French park . Les Gets 20 years ago anyway hired a kona stab.

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
really weird that cars are not selling electric car specific brake pads. You’d almost start to wonder if it’s marketing to sell the Cheapest pads off.

My bike weighs about 7kg more than the non ebike version, I weigh about 95kg, so yeah I suspect there is some marketing and BS involved!!

"Buy our new fat bloke specific brake pads and rotors, higher power and longer lasting ceramic based pads, specially developed for people suffering from cake retention" :D

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
3-4 guys in riding group (160 lb - 230 lb) riding MTX “Gold” version pads with good results on steep, dusty trails in Santa Cruz, CA area. I find their modulation, power and fade resistance combo well suited for bringing ebike and 200 lb (me) rider under control.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles